• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Groups C and D - pre tournament discussion

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
I haven't posted a fixture list because Group C and D merge in order to present a Quarter Finalist.

Group C - Scotland, Tonga, Italy
Group D - Wales, Cook Islands, USA

This will be the confusing aspect of the tournament!

It's worth noting that Super League Man of Steel Danny Brough is Scotland's captain. Feel free to discuss in here.

Lots of controversy in the U.S.A. Tomahawks camp over the inclusion of so many heritage players. Part of the ongoing rfit between the two bodies that run league in the U.S.

Wales should almost certainly be one of the teams to advance from this stage, my guess would be Tonga making it through as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the Tomahawks do since Canada is probably just a fraction below their level and I know the next RLWC we can certianly qualify.

Wales and Tonga should get through I agree. Danny Brough on his day is though capable of kicking teams to death by himself so don't rule Scotland out.

Wales and Tonga should get through I agree. Danny Brough on his day is though capable of kicking teams to death by himself so don't rule Scotland out.

That was my guess also they might just nip Tonga particularly if they can get some local suport out and down to the game, the States will probably be able to compete at a physical level but don't think their technical skills will be good enough. I can't see the Cook Islands or Italy doing much, probably be between them for the spoon of the tournament

I haven't posted a fixture list because Group C and D merge in order to present a Quarter Finalist.

Group C - Scotland, Tonga, Italy
Group D - Wales, Cook Islands, USA

This will be the confusing aspect of the tournament!

It's worth noting that Super League Man of Steel Danny Brough is Scotland's captain. Feel free to discuss in here.

The winner of both group C and D make the quarterfinals. It is just that each team from group C plays one team from group D.

Wales missing one or two players in Channing and Powell. However big boost is that Tyson Frizell has joined up with the squad. So roughly 13 players in the squad have played top level rugby league this season which is good news for Wales.

I have high expectations of Italy when looking at their squad. Cook Islands as well.

Latest posts