• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GT5: Prologue

W

woosaah

I got the GT5 bundle with my PS3 just two days ago. I like the game, just waiting to be able to actually download the update to be able to play it online. Not that I am any good. Actually I am probably the worst driver out there, i have no idea what I am doing. I can do the straight tracks where you dont have to break no problem, but as soon as there are s bends and chicanes i am screwed. Alot of practice for this game I feel. I might go out and buy myself a steering wheel yet. I just want a couple more games first though :)

How many PS3 owners do we have on these forums?

I got the GT5 bundle with my PS3 just two days ago. I like the game, just waiting to be able to actually download the update to be able to play it online. Not that I am any good. Actually I am probably the worst driver out there, i have no idea what I am doing. I can do the straight tracks where you dont have to break no problem, but as soon as there are s bends and chicanes i am screwed. Alot of practice for this game I feel. I might go out and buy myself a steering wheel yet. I just want a couple more games first though :)
[/b]

Use the analogue sticks for steering and acceleration/braking. It will make a huge difference especially with corners.

Left stick = turn left or right (the analogue nature creates a better feel with the amount of "turn" you apply.

Right stick = Accelerate or brake (the analogue nature of the stick gives a very accurate gage of how much brake pressure you are applying simply because it is an "analogue" stick lol! No more push a button for full on brakes or push a button for hard out acceleration. You simply apply the required amount of acceleration and braking for each situation.

With analogue you can "feel" the way the car is moving rather than blindly going all out braking and all out accelerating in little spurts.

What! Gay-Guy! You have your PS3? I had no idea! Whats your psn, we have a soccer game to play, lol!

What! Gay-Guy! You have your PS3? I had no idea! Whats your psn, we have a soccer game to play, lol! [/b]

No not yet I decided I last week would pay off $500 worth of baycorp bills and $200 worth of unpaid fines rather than get a PS3 and now i am simply waiting the one week stand down period before Advantage Corp changes my credit rating to give me the all go to hire purchase a PS3...though sometimes I wish i had just spent the money on the PS3 and let my credit rating be bad for another year haha!

GT2 was where I started using analogue sticks. now i do (and i suspect EVERYONE does) analogue for all driving games....feels beautiful with V8 Supercars II.

Yes Craig...we must play Fifa...that is a beautifully created game as well:) Soon my southern friend.

Ok I now have the PS3 and have got Gran Turismo and Fifa08 so yep Craig we will play cos I am at the writing of this currently installing the online stuff.

Cool. Now what have you chosen for your playstation online id? Remember to choose carefully, you can never change it even if you email Sony about that.

I am in bed atm and my flatmate is online with his account so maybe this weekend I will create my account....then we must get together and play haha!

Also...I have yet to take the Fifa game out of the box....but rest assured I will:)

Ok so after getting totally thrashed on Fifa online I turn to GT5.

Well this was a bit better....a lot of funny things were happening when I was playing....I was laughing so loud I think the neighbours thought I was on drugs!

And you weren't? Well anyway, that game is a lot of fun online, shame I can't seem to find how to play people who are on my friends list at it!

Thats the problem with GT5 at the moment, you cant. you cant go into a lobby and have a race of people you know it sucks.

I am looking forward to unlocking the tuning aspect of this game, I have just been practicing alot in fifa mainly cause i need it lol

Thats the problem with GT5 at the moment, you cant. you cant go into a lobby and have a race of people you know it sucks.

I am looking forward to unlocking the tuning aspect of this game, I have just been practicing alot in fifa mainly cause i need it lol [/b]

Yeah lucky for you woosaah I can't play you directly hehe

Gee the funniest thing about this game is when people are about to overtake and then you block them off and the hit walls and all sorts haha! I just can't stop laughing watching in my rear view as their go goes out of control and you see all this dust flying all over the place haha!

One of the theories going around about the next update to GT5P is that it'll have lobbies in it. The reason they don't have them now, is supposedly to allow people time to unlock or purchase the better cars so that the lobbies are full of a wider variety of vehicles when it comes out.

Also there is likely to be damage as an update in September!

One of the theories going around about the next update to GT5P is that it'll have lobbies in it. The reason they don't have them now, is supposedly to allow people time to unlock or purchase the better cars so that the lobbies are full of a wider variety of vehicles when it comes out.

Also there is likely to be damage as an update in September! [/b]

Wow thats cool!

I had a one on one race with this girl who had a volkswago so I let her win.

Yeah i am still racing on the very first car I bought....a honda integra...and you are right...there are a lot of people who are racing with them in the C-Class hahaha! They pretty much did what I did and went on the net asap with whatever car they could get..

Latest posts