• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guess who has played Rugby 2006?

S

St Helens RLFC

Managed to get a game of it, just the one. And it was impressive. I only played the one game, but feel free to ask away.
<

Full retail version or demo? Gotta ask who you played as/against and if it felt like those two teams in terms of difficulty. Any highlights for you? And my pet question - what about AI infringements?

1. Were your players more manouverable?

2. Was the pace of the game faster overall?

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 19 2006, 09:14 PM
1. Were your players more manouverable?

2. Was the pace of the game faster overall?
1. In relation to what? The last EA game I played was Rugby 2004, which I don't remember too well, but in relation to rugby league 2 it is very manouverable. You can score some fantastic tries I imagine, I scored one that was a classic myself.

2. Yes, it was quick. Almost too quick, for a game of union...

Originally posted by toup@Jan 19 2006, 09:07 PM
Full retail version or demo? Gotta ask who you played as/against and if it felt like those two teams in terms of difficulty. Any highlights for you? And my pet question - what about AI infringements?
I didn't get to play against the AI, just a friend, so I am afraid you'll have to see if Locksley knows about that.

I was South Africa and my mate was France. I got pwned but as the game went on and I stopped pressing the D-Pad (you have to use the left joystick to move). The hightlight for me was when my mate got a scrum and chose the set move "kick to winger". The kick was slightly off, and my winger jumped up, intercepted the ball and sprinted away. I beautifully stepped the full back with a left press of the right analogue stick and streaked away under the sticks. Superb.

Sounds awesome. If you had to rate it purely on these initial impressions, any idea what kind of mark you'd give? Just another question based on concerns from the set play video... what's the situation with the 10 getting the ball from the scrum half... still static? And how is it paced compared to 2005?

Originally posted by toup@Jan 19 2006, 09:53 PM
Sounds awesome. If you had to rate it purely on these initial impressions, any idea what kind of mark you'd give? Just another question based on concerns from the set play video... what's the situation with the 10 getting the ball from the scrum half... still static? And how is it paced compared to 2005?
I didn't have chance to meddle with set plays because I had the one game only. Locks would know more about the set plays, however when any were enacted nobody was stood still.

I liked it a lot, although I had no idea what I was doing. You can score some very pretty tries. Put it like this: if EA want to make a league game they're more than welcome to if it's like that.

Thanks for the kewl answers ,

I only have one question

1) did u get todo the offload passes and was it easy todo , and are they too easy

Thanks

I know that it is pretty hard to make a decision on a game after only one game but the fact that you said it feels good straight away is a plus and things are sounding more and more positive.

I am sure there will be issues like all rugby games but if the game play is good those will easily be overlooked.

Thanks Saint
<
............................................ (Helens RFC)

very good - sounds promising - were you impressed with the offloads - and the commentary?

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 19 2006, 11:52 PM
very good - sounds promising - were you impressed with the offloads - and the commentary?
The commentary seemed ok. Bit emotionless and robotic but not dreadful. In response to yourself and Cain - at first it is difficult to offload, you get the chance to do it when you run into someone and press "X". You get about a second and if you do it on time you offload, realistically it isn't always a good idea...

Originally posted by TheBokke@Jan 19 2006, 11:18 PM
I know that it is pretty hard to make a decision on a game after only one game but the fact that you said it feels good straight away is a plus and things are sounding more and more positive.

I am sure there will be issues like all rugby games but if the game play is good those will easily be overlooked.

Thanks  Saint
<
I actually think first impressions mean a lot, although not everything as lurking bugs etc will only be uncovered with time.

However on first play of RL2 and seriously within the first 30 seconds the words out of my mouth were " Ohhhhhhhh this is **** "

On first play of 06 I was like a giddy schoolgirl
<
Soooooooooooooooo much fun !

It wont be the be all and end all of rugby games and I would prepare yourself some pitfalls but unlike RL2 I think its another step in the right direction.

Note to Lionmaul. You will LOVE contesting the high ball
<

P.S SHRLFC did get owned and thats how it should be for someone who has never played. It proves there is some skill to the game. I remember lox telling me he played an absolute novice gamer on RL2 and he could hardly score against her. That to me says even after a lot of playtime you never really get the control you should have to become competant enough at the game to whack a newbie.

A pro 06 player would wipe the floor with a new gamer and that says a lot to me.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM
<

P.S SHRLFC did get owned and thats how it should be for someone who has never played. It proves there is some skill to the game. I remember lox telling me he played an absolute novice gamer on RL2 and he could hardly score against her. That to me says even after a lot of playtime you never really get the control you should have to become competant enough at the game to whack a newbie.

A pro 06 player would wipe the floor with a new gamer and that says a lot to me.
BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Jan 19 2006, 11:18 PM

Thanks  Saint
<
I actually think first impressions mean a lot, although not everything as lurking bugs etc will only be uncovered with time.

However on first play of RL2 and seriously within the first 30 seconds the words out of my mouth were " Ohhhhhhhh this is **** "

<

It wont be the be all and end all of rugby games and I would prepare yourself some pitfalls but unlike RL2 I think its another step in the right direction.

<

A pro 06 player would wipe the floor with a new gamer and that says a lot to me. [/b]
Could not agree more with you on all those points. I have finally twigged you don`t like reviewing games much do you
<

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 20 2006, 09:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 20 2006, 09:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke

Thanks  Saint
<

<

<

Could not agree more with you on all those points. I have finally twigged you don`t like reviewing games much do you
<
[/b]
If I said I cant really be arsed m8 would you think less of me ?
<

Its just not my bag baby yeaaahhh ! Now Lox ( Oscar Wilde ) Ley, thats another story.

Ok, ill give you a review ....

" Im pretty sure you will like EA06 "

<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 20 2006, 08:22 PM
Ok, ill give you a review ....

" Im pretty sure you will like EA06 "

<
Good enough for me I know how tough that must have been
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke

Thanks  Saint
<

<

<

A pro 06 player would wipe the floor with a new gamer and that says a lot to me. [/b]
I am looking forward to playing this game and checking out contesting the High Ball, Although I did liked the mechanics of contesting the high ball better in Rugby 2005 then Rl2, I enjoy doing it more in Rl2, it was just to easy in Rugby 2005, the outcome in Rl2 is much more realistic, in Rugby 2005 you would regather about 80 to 90% of the time. Hopefully they have been able to tweak this aspect of the game. And Knows, remember this is Ea's second attempt at contesting the high ball, while it was Sidhe's first. Although I respect your opinion, you evidently really do not like Rl2, I really, really enjoy it. The question for me will be, will I like Rugby 2006 more then Rl2, because I enjoy Rl2 heaps more then Rugby 2005.
<
If you want to now why I like Rl2 so much, I will create a topic at the Sidhe forums ***led, Why I like Rl2 so much. Cheers and Salu

Originally posted by lionmaul+Jan 21 2006, 12:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lionmaul @ Jan 21 2006, 12:05 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke

Thanks  Saint
<

<

<

I am looking forward to playing this game and checking out contesting the High Ball, Although I did liked the mechanics of contesting the high ball better in Rugby 2005 then Rl2, I enjoy doing it more in Rl2, it was just to easy in Rugby 2005, the outcome in Rl2 is much more realistic, in Rugby 2005 you would regather about 80 to 90% of the time. Hopefully they have been able to tweak this aspect of the game. And Knows, remember this is Ea's second attempt at contesting the high ball, while it was Sidhe's first. Although I respect your opinion, you evidently really do not like Rl2, I really, really enjoy it. The question for me will be, will I like Rugby 2006 more then Rl2, because I enjoy Rl2 heaps more then Rugby 2005.
<
If you want to now why I like Rl2 so much, I will create a topic at the Sidhe forums ***led, Why I like Rl2 so much. Cheers and Salu [/b]
I just cant excuse the lack of control on RL2. I wish I could being a league fan, but I cant.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 20 2006, 11:11 PM
I just cant excuse the lack of control on RL2. I wish I could being a league fan, but I cant.
It's definately something that detracts from the game and makes it far less impressive than it would have been... but I personally don't find it THAT debilitating, and still get quite a lot out of rugby league 2.

Latest posts