• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guess who has played Rugby 2006?

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 21 2006, 12:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 21 2006, 12:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 20 2006, 11:11 PM
I just cant excuse the lack of control on RL2. I wish I could being a league fan, but I cant.
It's definately something that detracts from the game and makes it far less impressive than it would have been... but I personally don't find it THAT debilitating, and still get quite a lot out of rugby league 2. [/b]
I can understand people still playing RL2, if you can get past the control then there is probably some game there. For me I think RL1 is one of the most re-playable sports games I have ever played. Its as fresh to me now as it was when I got it.

RL2 control wise, is it something you put up with but know it was a big bollock dropped ? Or do you just not see it as an issue full stop ?

Just interested.

Originally posted by lionmaul+Jan 21 2006, 12:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lionmaul @ Jan 21 2006, 12:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 20 2006, 07:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Jan 19 2006, 11:18 PM
I know that it is pretty hard to make a decision on a game after only one game but the fact that you said it feels good straight away is a plus and things are sounding more and more positive.

I am sure there will be issues like all rugby games but if the game play is good those will easily be overlooked.

Thanks  Saint
<
  ............................................ (Helens RFC)

I actually think first impressions mean a lot, although not everything as lurking bugs etc will only be uncovered with time.

However on first play of RL2 and seriously within the first 30 seconds the words out of my mouth were " Ohhhhhhhh this is **** "

On first play of 06 I was like a giddy schoolgirl
<
Soooooooooooooooo much fun !

It wont be the be all and end all of rugby games and I would prepare yourself some pitfalls but unlike RL2 I think its another step in the right direction.

Note to Lionmaul. You will LOVE contesting the high ball
<

P.S SHRLFC did get owned and thats how it should be for someone who has never played. It proves there is some skill to the game. I remember lox telling me he played an absolute novice gamer on RL2 and he could hardly score against her. That to me says even after a lot of playtime you never really get the control you should have to become competant enough at the game to whack a newbie.

A pro 06 player would wipe the floor with a new gamer and that says a lot to me.
I am looking forward to playing this game and checking out contesting the High Ball, Although I did liked the mechanics of contesting the high ball better in Rugby 2005 then Rl2, I enjoy doing it more in Rl2, it was just to easy in Rugby 2005, the outcome in Rl2 is much more realistic, in Rugby 2005 you would regather about 80 to 90% of the time. Hopefully they have been able to tweak this aspect of the game. And Knows, remember this is Ea's second attempt at contesting the high ball, while it was Sidhe's first. Although I respect your opinion, you evidently really do not like Rl2, I really, really enjoy it. The question for me will be, will I like Rugby 2006 more then Rl2, because I enjoy Rl2 heaps more then Rugby 2005.
<
If you want to now why I like Rl2 so much, I will create a topic at the Sidhe forums ***led, Why I like Rl2 so much. Cheers and Salu [/b]

Lionmaul.

Not meaning to be a smart arse, but would you like a feature built into rugby games called "Kick-off Contest"?

In this game, all you would do is contest the high ball from kick-offs, the aim being to successfully retain possession more often than your opponent?

The winner is the first to take the high-ball 10 times.

There are some on the forum who would experience some serious ecstacy/nirvana/orgasm over such an event.

Not I. I just like to watch.

I am not a league fan and yes there are massive game play issues response being one of the main ones but for some reason and I am a game play die hard, because of the issues with Rugby 2005 I prefer RL2( not saying it is fantastic) jsut the better of the 2 and I am a die hard union fan.

Just wish there were more people playing online PS 2 version I can never get a game
<

P.s If I was a Die hard league fan I would be slightly dissapointed as the next release will be at least 2 years away.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 21 2006, 02:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 21 2006, 02:14 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 21 2006, 12:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 20 2006, 11:11 PM
I just cant excuse the lack of control on RL2. I wish I could being a league fan, but I cant.

It's definately something that detracts from the game and makes it far less impressive than it would have been... but I personally don't find it THAT debilitating, and still get quite a lot out of rugby league 2.
I can understand people still playing RL2, if you can get past the control then there is probably some game there. For me I think RL1 is one of the most re-playable sports games I have ever played. Its as fresh to me now as it was when I got it.

RL2 control wise, is it something you put up with but know it was a big bollock dropped ? Or do you just not see it as an issue full stop ?

Just interested. [/b]
Definately see it as a probablem, but mostly in defence when players are running every which way and it takes forever to get them to change direction... in attack it doesn't feel too bad, because the players are generally moving forward and the passing works really well if you don't try and over do it.

Latest posts