• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership News

Some good news for Saints there.

Teh Mite, or others, any idea who the club might look to bring in as an extra lock?

David Gerard joins Northampton

The official Stade Toulousain website announced today that David Gerard is leaving Toulouse for Northampton.

David Gerard was willing for some seasons now to cross the channel. You'll love him, he's a real nice guy outside and a true warrior inside.

Originally posted by Darhf@Sep 28 2005, 02:23 PM
David Gerad joins Northampton

The official Stade Toulousain website announced today that David Gerard is leaving Toulouse for Northampton.

David Gerard was wiling for some seasons now to cross the channel. You'll love him, he's a real nice guy outside and a true warrior inside.
Looks a good signing. Any player coming from Toulouse can hardly be a bad thing.

There are very, VERY strong rumours that Nigel Melville will be announced as John Connolly's successor at Bath in the next week or so. The player's lounge was apparently empty after the game today as they were officially being told the news.

As a former Wasps and Glaws coach, I'm not sure how it will go down if it is true.

Suspension Round-up:

Andy Higgins and David Barnes both banned for 2 weeks.

Andy Perry of Newcastle banned for four weeks for his red card in the Tigers V Falcons game, while Julian White gets a two month ban for instigating it.

On a happier note, Melville isn't coming to Bath. Hurrah!

Originally posted by Boy@Oct 19 2005, 11:33 PM
Julian White gets a two month ban for instigating it.
Wow, the RFU actually banned an England player!
<

What the friggin' hell is going on?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 19 2005, 02:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 19 2005, 02:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Oct 19 2005, 11:33 PM
<

What the friggin' hell is going on? [/b]
White isn't in the squad. So sadly, they are yet to ban an England player before an international match. Ever. Probably.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 20 2005, 01:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 20 2005, 01:42 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 19 2005, 02:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Oct 19 2005, 11:33 PM

<

What the friggin' hell is going on?
White isn't in the squad. So sadly, they are yet to ban an England player before an international match. Ever. Probably. [/b]
He deserved a six month ban on the basis of his past record. For any player in rugby to rack up 4 Red cards in his career is a disgrace.

I thnk I have only seen 4 red cards given any any player, ever.

Disgrace, is what it is.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 16 2005, 03:46 PM

Disgrace, is what it is.
Mark Robinson has been sent off twice for Saints, both undeservedly.

I wouldn't call him a dirty player.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Nov 16 2005, 05:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Nov 16 2005, 05:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Nov 16 2005, 03:46 PM

Disgrace, is what it is.

I wouldn't call him a dirty player. [/b]
I was at a game where Julian White got sent off, (v Leicester btw), and he did deserve it.

Headbutting is quite dirty.
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Nov 16 2005, 05:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Nov 16 2005, 05:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben

Disgrace, is what it is.

I wouldn't call him a dirty player. [/b]
Stamping on somones face and running the length of the pitch to wipe out 2 players?

His reasons may have been sound, but they were intentional offences.

I know this is the Union section but I was at this match:
Sent_Off_2.jpg

(This was 12 seconds into the match btw).

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Nov 16 2005, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 16 2005, 07:18 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Nov 16 2005, 05:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben

Disgrace, is what it is.

I wouldn't call him a dirty player.
Stamping on somones face and running the length of the pitch to wipe out 2 players?

His reasons may have been sound, but they were intentional offences. [/b]
Wasn't a very good stamp if the bloke got up and required no medical intention, followed by him later admitting he was play acting.

Duncan McRae, the guy he supposedly wiped out (he flapped an arm at him, I watched the reply over and over again) was laying punch after punch into Shane Drahm, along with Andy Hazell and Jake Boer. None of them were sent off.

In the grand scheme of things, both were undeserved IMO.

Mark Regan, don't get me started our end was really shouting BIG time, it was just so stupid to see him rolling around like a baby and until Sharky got a card he was crying away acting like the victim, but then..the card was delivered...he was up and smiling away.

Glos, he ran in to stop fellow saints getting beaten up. Which I think is very noble of him. Might not of sounded like it, but it was like 3 on 1 and the ref didn't even talk to them, it was so disgraceful.

And now, the bleedin ref's are giving all sorts now....

The RFU need to sort themselves out BIG time.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 16 2005, 08:45 PM
Glos, he ran in to stop fellow saints getting beaten up. Which I think is very noble of him. Might not of sounded like it, but it was like 3 on 1 and the ref didn't even talk to them, it was so disgraceful.

And now, the bleedin ref's are giving all sorts now....

The RFU need to sort themselves out BIG time.
Where I was standing, that scrap was directly in front of me.

The reson nothing was said to any Glos player was simple; The ref and touch judge were not watching. I overheard the ref and touch speaking and the Goodlife said "So what happened?"

All the reply was "All I saw was green no. 9 run the length of the pitch and clothesline red 15 - It's a red card" (I can't remember were McRae was playing that day, FB or FH)

A 30 man brawl, and the silly cun't didn't pay attention.

<

Latest posts