TV: BBC2S
Scarlets.png
Versus%20Super.png
Newport.png

Sunday 5 October, 15:00
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli, Wales
Ref: TBC
TV: S4C

Leinster vs Munster will be tight but nothing special. They have lots of injuries and awful tactics. We've lots of injuries and even worst tactics. If you love crash ball this will make you smile.
On plus side hopefully POM comes through tomorrow and can get time off bench

Leinster vs Munster will be tight but nothing special. They have lots of injuries and awful tactics. We've lots of injuries and even worst tactics. If you love crash ball this will make you smile.
On plus side hopefully POM comes through tomorrow and can get time off bench

Is it on Sky?

Barnsey will love it....

"ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh"

Ulster Team:
L Ludik; A Trimble, J Payne, S McCloskey, T Bowe; P Jackson, P Marshall; R Murphy, R Best (capt), W Herbst; A O'Connor, F van der Merwe; R Diack, C Henry, R Wilson.

Interesting they gave Leinster vs Munster in front of a big crowd to such a very profile referee not from the international panel.

the edinburgh team to play Ulster, Solomons is definitely trying something different for this game

Edinburgh: G Tonks, J Cuthbert, S Beard, A Strauss, T Visser, P Burleigh, S Kennedy, R Sutherland, R Ford, J Andress, A Bresler, G Gilchrist, M Coman (captain), R Grant, C Du Preez.
Replacements: J Hilterbrand, A Dell, A Nell, O Atkins, T Leonardi, S Hidalgo-Clyne, T Heathcote, N McLennan.

Why does Payne have to ****ing play 13. It's so obvious to anybody who has watched him play in both positions he's half as threatening in attack and leaves huge gaps in defence. I think I heard he made something like 2 tackles in the whole game the last time he played 13? Yet Cave and Olding are on the bench. (Resting them? Maybe, doubt it though.)

Could it be Payne maybe throwing the toys out of the pram? He said himself he wants to be 13.. and would probably push the matter with BODs retirement, I just can't see how any of the coaches think this is a good way forward. As much of a talented player he is I think he's a headache we're better off not having.

I don't think Payne is there because he's throwing the toys out of the pram and I don't think the stat of him only making 2 tackles in one game is particularly relevant. There's nothing unusual in an outside centre not being particularly busy defensively in a game, it happens, even if 2 is a bit rare.

We are clearly rotating here - nobody thinks Alan O'Connor is nailed on for the big games, right? Or that we'll deffo start Murphy ahead of Warwick? We need more than one outside centre and Ireland need to look at all their options with O'Driscoll gone.

If he starts against Toulon or Leicester, then maybe I'll get grumpy, but this is just whatever to me.

But Payne has stated he wants to play 13, despite being evidently worse off there. Why not play Olding? (Or even Ludik?) He didn't even play last weekend, this is too early to start rotating considering what this and our last fixture was so early into the season.
I really can't see how the coaches themselves have come to the conclusion this is the best option.

Comparison with the forwards is a bit irrelevant considering this is about positional changes not personnel.

If this is just rotating that's fine, but I really can't see how it is.. And I wouldn't be surprised if he starts playing the bigger games at 13.

So far we've played 3 different 12s, 2 different 13s, swapped out both wings, 3 different full-backs, 2 different 9s - I think - all without needing to. I'd call that rotation. I'm not happy that we're rotating in this game as well, but its pretty clear to me that we are.

I know that Payne's said he wants to play 13 - I don't have an issue with that. I'd have an issue if he was being picked by the coaches just to keep him happy, but I don't think Kiss and Doak are like that. I think they genuinely think he's an option there. I don't really agree with it, but it is the most logical answer to me.

5 Sunday games have been postponed. Could anyone tell me what is going on?

Where did you get the fixture list? Which ones are postponed?

The BBC Sport website has a bad habit of listing the Friday night games both at their correct time on the Friday, and then again as "Postponed" on the Saturday, so I'm gonna assume it's just something like that?

Only 2 games are scheduled for Sunday - Glasgow vs Treviso and Scarlets vs Dragons.

Where did you get the fixture list? Which ones are postponed?

The BBC Sport website has a bad habit of listing the Friday night games both at their correct time on the Friday, and then again as "Postponed" on the Saturday, so I'm gonna assume it's just something like that?

Only 2 games are scheduled for Sunday - Glasgow vs Treviso and Scarlets vs Dragons.

Thank you. Now I know that BBC website information is not always reliable.

the glasgow team to face treviso:

Glasgow Warriors: Stuart Hogg, Tommy Seymour, Sean Lamont, Peter Horne, DTH van der Merwe, Duncan Weir, Niko Matawalu, Alex Allan, Pat MacArthur, Rossouw de Klerk, Tom Ryder, Al Kellock (captain), James Eddie, Tyrone Holmes, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Zander Fagerson, Leone Nakarawa, Chris Fusaro, Ali Price, Finn Russell, James Downey.

Eh, that'll do. Nice wee runout. Alan O'Connor looked useful - thanks Leinster - so did McCloskey. Telling them apart isn't easy.

The Warwick-Best-Herbst front row looks disturbing.

Eh, that'll do. Nice wee runout. Alan O'Connor looked useful - thanks Leinster - so did McCloskey. Telling them apart isn't easy.

The Warwick-Best-Herbst front row looks disturbing.
was a really poor performance from edinburgh, we just played absolutely awful. everything went against us. ulster were clear winners today

Edinburgh were shocking, the ulster backs almost as bad.

Front row was good, O'Connor looked the part and McCloskey hints at potential. Much, much bigger hurdles await.

Latest posts