Club or Nation
Leinster
Ospreys v Edinburgh
Treviso v Dragons
Glasgow v Munster
Cardiff v Leinster
Zebre v Connacht
Ulster v Scarlets

If Munster could begin to pull their weight the playoffs could become a mini All-Ireland series because I see three wins for the other provinces, as it's going though I think they could find themselves playing challenge cup rugby next season.

Leinster

15. Zane Kirchner (57)
14. Fergus McFadden (137)
13. Garry Ringrose (12)
12. Ben Te'o (29)
11. Isa Nacewa (140) CAPTAIN
10. Ian Madigan (139)
9. Eoin Reddan (131)
1. Cian Healy (148)
2. Sean Cronin (104)
3. Tadhg Furlong (40)
4. Mick Kearney (0)
5. Hayden Triggs (6)
6. Rhys Ruddock (104)
7. Jordi Murphy (70)
8. Jack Conan (28)

Replacements

16. Richardt Strauss (122)
17. Peter Dooley (13)
18. Mike Ross (126)
19. Tom Denton (47)
20. Dan Leavy (10)
21. Nick McCarthy (2)
22. Noel Reid (54)
23. Adam Byrne (3)

Second row looks week but I love the look of the backrow, strong side considering international duty. Are Luke McGrath, VDF and Ross Moloney injured or being rested? They'd all be improvements.

McFadden drops one over the line after a perfect kick from Madigan, then gets yellow for an "illegal" tackle. Not a good 60 seconds, we need to score some points with the wind before half-time playing with a gale so it's not looking good. This could be a waste.

Leinster not really using the wind as they should have first half. The arms park always swirls the wind so it really isn't as straightforward as with it or without it.

Cardiff playing very sensibly and have broken a sterling Leinster D once or twice from their own half.

Anscombe looks very good at 10. He's really pulling the strings and I'd like to see him at 10 permanently after the 6N.

Looking forward to the second half. Although Cardiff frequently lose to Leinster I always enjoy this fixture. Good fans too.

Leinster playing with a lot more structure this half, suits Reddan and Madigan a lot better!

Great at work by Conan there, love seeing Isa score!

Corey Allen, K Dacey, Anscombe all off and Cardiff have lost their shape completely. Wingers in the centre and Patchell is weak in his organisation of the game. There isn't the depth to cover those players at Cardiff at the moment.

This game is over.

Another harsh yellow, Blues 6 did exactly the same in the 1st half and got away with a penalty. Call made purely on the current circumstance of the game.

Another harsh yellow, Blues 6 did exactly the same in the 1st half and got away with a penalty. Call made purely on the current circumstance of the game.

Sorry buddy, first yellow was harsh with the tackle, but that time ball was in the ruck and he came around and took to out from an offside position to stop a counter attack. Very much a yellow for me.

Cardiff have to start winning these games. These last two have really put us out of the top 6 area, which will impact on our recruitment ability.

It was there today. There were a few times where it could have been taken there at the end. Leinster didn't really do much in attack today and came away with the win after a very good defensive effort. Very disappointed, but on to Ulster next week.

Sorry buddy, first yellow was harsh with the tackle, but that time ball was in the ruck and he came around and took to out from an offside position to stop a counter attack. Very much a yellow for me.

Cardiff have to start winning these games. These last two have really put us out of the top 6 area, which will impact on our recruitment ability.

It was there today. There were a few times where it could have been taken there at the end. Leinster didn't really do much in attack today and came away with the win after a very good defensive effort. Very disappointed, but on to Ulster next week.
Harsh after the precedent set in the first half, basically the yellow card count should have been 1-1 rather than 2-0.

I think we were good money for the win, defence was brilliant when mistakes could easily be made, Zebre and Glasgow in the next two weeks, two more wins and top spot should follow.

Harsh after the precedent set in the first half, basically the yellow card count should have been 1-1 rather than 2-0.

I think we were good money for the win, defence was brilliant when mistakes could easily be made, Zebre and Glasgow in the next two weeks, two more wins and top spot should follow.

Possibly, but then I'm not sure there was anything quite as blatant as that. Id go with 1-0 . Good set of fixtures for Leinster now, nicely timed as well during the six nations.

Stability made a bit of a difference for Leinster. I think some of the Cardiff changes weren't necessary and were at crucial times or in crucial positions.

I'm wondering how long Wales requested than Anscombe stayed on the pitch. I felt it swung from that point. He's going to be important for Cardiff in the latter of the season.

Only saw the last 20 - 30mins of the Blues - Leinster match. Typical Blues getting in the position to win and not being able to actually clinch it.

Thought Leinster were very very lucky not to concede a penalty in the last phase of play, couple of players definitely looked the wrong side of the offside line at times! Doesn't help that Fitzgibbon is a bloody useless referee. BOD and Martyn Williams both commented online how poor he is apparently. Actually baffles me how he is considered an elite referee!

3rd very entertaining game of the weekend that I've seen in Belfast now, also the third one I watched! Want Scarlets to hold on for selfish reasons but I don't see it happening.

3rd very entertaining game of the weekend that I've seen in Belfast now, also the third one I watched! Want Scarlets to hold on for selfish reasons but I don't see it happening.

And I woke up just in time to see this. At least I didn't bother getting up early I guess. I see everyone is blaming Wee P, no idea if that's true.

And I woke up just in time to see this. At least I didn't bother getting up early I guess. I see everyone is blaming Wee P, no idea if that's true.
Went for the corner once or twice when he should have taken the points, came in a period of 15 minutes when they're were in and around the Scarlets 22 and only came away with three points in the end. Thought PJ was the opposite of Mads yesterday, good stuff when Ulster weren't quite organised but struggled a bit worse with more structure to the side. I'd still probably throw him in next week as a starter or 22. Marshall and Gilroy stuck their hands up too, the tackling from the backrow was horrible to watch...

Went for the corner once or twice when he should have taken the points, came in a period of 15 minutes when they're were in and around the Scarlets 22 and only came away with three points in the end. Thought PJ was the opposite of Mads yesterday, good stuff when Ulster weren't quite organised but struggled a bit worse with more structure to the side. I'd still probably throw him in next week as a starter or 22. Marshall and Gilroy stuck their hands up too, the tackling from the backrow was horrible to watch...

It's a horrible back row. Wilson's the walking dead, Henry doesn't look properly fit and Diack, bless him, is not a front liner. Sean Reidy, god help us all, may be Ulster's best back rower after Nick Williams.

In fact, Ulster's starting pack was a bag of balls in general and hopefully young Captain Jackson has learnt a few things about trusting them (i.e. don't). Thought it was a good enough outfit to beat the Scarlets though :mellow:

weeP was largely at fault - but by no means solely to blame.

The management should have hooked him earlier.
PJ should have taken his points.
RW, CH and RD didn't cover themselves in glory.
DC had an off day defensively.
SO kicking wasn't great.
Scrum got mullered a couple of times.

John Andrew threw well, as did Johny Murphy. Lineout functioned very well (albeit under very little pressure). Craig Gilroy was the only creative outlet for us for much of the game.

Missed Alan O'Connor's cut - our pack is far too nice (and stupid) - he'd a virus apparently so was a shadow of himself for the 20 mins or so he lasted on the pitch before the coaches realised it wasn't working.

- - - Updated - - -

Sean Reidy, god help us all, may be Ulster's best back rower after Nick Williams.

Not wrong.

He's doing quite well at the min and don't know why CH came back into the starting side to be honest.

On Ulster.
2 things stood out. I've great time and respect for Chris Henry but since his health scare he really has struggled a bit like just doesn't seem to be fully fit yet.

The other was on PJ. Was he the 1 that made the call to trust forwards over shot at goal? Like I know he was captain but did call come from line.

Or, if you must have Henry back in the starting side, start them both. Diack offers sfa apart from the lineout and a steady work rate. I really hope he's left behind this summer for some proper fitness, this is doing no one much good it seems.

Maybe he was ill/injured/rested considering he wasn't on the bench at all.

I do like the ambition shown by Kiss' team but there needs to be a bit more reality about what they can achieve. Scarlets at home in the 6N is not a time for passing up shots at goal.

Scarlets at home in the 6N is not a time for passing up shots at goal.

It would if the maul was working (which is how Connacht beat them down in Galway).

But ours wasn't - which was plain early in the first half.

Hopefully a lesson learned. But I'll not hold out much hope. I think leadership and clarity of decision making is something sorely lacking in Ulster, and indeed Ireland. It says something for the onfield management of Roger Wilson, Chris Henry, Franco Van Der Merwe and Robbie Diack that Paddy Jackson was picked as captain.

Latest posts