Friday, 1 April
Dragons v Ospreys
Edinburgh v Zebre
Ulster v Connacht

Saturday, 2 April
Scarlets v Cardiff Blues
Treviso v Glasgow
Leinster v Munster

I've given the four of you who'll comment dates! I promise times when we get to six, I just don't want to spoil you too much!

The interpros will have a huge bearing on league standings this week, losses would most likely condemn Munster and Ulster to a year without a knock-out rugby match which would be a first in many years for one of the "traditional provinces" whereas Leinster and Connacht can virtually guarantee their home semi final with a win. Hopefully we see the two civilised provinces bounce back and record comfortable victories and allow the champions elect take that much coveted top spot which isn't one bit better than second anymore. Elsewhere Glasgow will continue their late and impressive drive to the playoffs and Scarlets could ensure they have something to play for at the end of the regular season too with their second Welsh derby win in two weeks.

Its the best weekend of pro 12 rugby of the year, take part right here on TRF!

(I'm also giving biased and obvious write ups from now on, you should be so lucky)

Connacht team to face Ulster, Friday April 1st, Kingspan Stadium, 7:35pm
15 Robbie Henshaw
14 Niyi Adeolokun
13 Bundee Aki
12 Peter Robb
11 Matt Healy
10 Shane O'Leary
9 John Cooney

1 Denis Buckley
2 Tom McCartney
3 Rodney Ah You
4 Andrew Browne
5 Aly Muldowney
6 John Muldoon (captain)
7 James Connolly
8 Eoin McKeon

Replacements:
16 Dave Heffernan
17 Ronan Loughney
18 Finlay Bealham
19 Ultan Dillane
20 Sean O'Brien
21 Caolin Blade
22 Cormac Brennan
23 Danie Poolman

Ulster team and replacements to face Connacht, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 1st April, 7.35pm:

(15-9): J Payne, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy, P Jackson, R Pienaar
(1-8): C Black, R Best ©, R Lutton, P Browne, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson.
(16-23): R Herring, K McCall, B Ross, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Olding, D Cave.

Ulster's should win well, Leinster may not have beaten Connacht but they all but ended their chances of topping the league by inflicting those injuries.

Ulster *should* but Ulster are currently like a skier that has forgotten how to turn, so we'll see how that one goes.

Can see Pat Lam's Mighty Ducks pummelling Les Kiss' snooty Eagles (or Iceland of you prefer Mighty Ducks 2) up front because let's face it, Ulster's star forward is a guy Munster booted because of his fondness for burgers. Connacht have a very tight game up there and if Ulster's recent performance is anything to go on, Buckley will have a field day. Very physical centre pairing in Robb and Aki and Henshaw in his best position. The wings are both defensively weak though, the line out a bit dodgy, and the Out-half is third choice. Expect Ulster could cut them open out wide but should get no change up the middle. Jackson and Pienaar's game management should give Ulster the win though. A decent 10 would have given Leinster the win last weekend.

MunXV*Zebo; Conway, Saili, RScannell, Earls; JHolland, Murray; Cronin, NScannell, Archer; DRyan, BHolland; DO’C, TO’D, Stander(c).

Replacements*Sherry, Kilcoyne, JRyan, Copeland, O’Donoghue, O’Leary, Keatley, Sweetnam.

Very good team for us and form being rewarded all over. Only guy unlucky to loose out is R. O'Mahony but his competition is on form also

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (62)
14. Isa Nacewa (145) CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose (17)
12. Ben Te'o (34)
11. Dave Kearney (97)
10. Johnny Sexton (121)
9. Eoin Reddan (134)
1. Jack McGrath (90)
2. Sean Cronin (108)
3. Tadhg Furlong (45)
4. Devin Toner (177)
5. Hayden Triggs (11)
6. Rhys Ruddock (107)
7. Jordi Murphy (74)
8. Jamie Heaslip (212)

16. Richardt Strauss (125)
17. Cian Healy (151)
18. Mike Ross (129)
19. Ross Molony (18)
20. Josh van der Flier (21)
21. Luke McGrath (44)
22. Ian Madigan (142)
23. Fergus McFadden (140)

Different league than Munster, anything but a comfortable win would be under performing. It's time to step up after struggling towards the end of the 6n period.

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (62)
14. Isa Nacewa (145) CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose (17)
12. Ben Te'o (34)
11. Dave Kearney (97)
10. Johnny Sexton (121)
9. Eoin Reddan (134)
1. Jack McGrath (90)
2. Sean Cronin (108)
3. Tadhg Furlong (45)
4. Devin Toner (177)
5. Hayden Triggs (11)
6. Rhys Ruddock (107)
7. Jordi Murphy (74)
8. Jamie Heaslip (212)

16. Richardt Strauss (125)
17. Cian Healy (151)
18. Mike Ross (129)
19. Ross Molony (18)
20. Josh van der Flier (21)
21. Luke McGrath (44)
22. Ian Madigan (142)
23. Fergus McFadden (140)

Different league than Munster, anything but a comfortable win would be under performing. It's time to step up after struggling towards the end of the 6n period.

Haha different league my arse. More passengers on that team than you realise. We'll see how the cards play out but I think we'll win this. Regardless of how optimistic that is it won't be a run away either way.
Regardless I'm happy we're playing so many homegrown players and if we get nothing else from this season, a lot of guys like the Scannells, O'Donoghue, DOC2.0 have all stepped up a level, and I'm glad we've backed Holland. Could be crap for all we know but we need to try something.

Last edited:
Alpha I hope Leinster think like that because genuinely it'll mean all pressure on ye.

Overall I'd rate our back 3 better than Leinster by a bit.
Leinster have better centres.
Ye have the better 10 but Holland playing well. Murray totally outclasses Reddan.
I think we have the better back 5. Leinster win front row but being honest I don't see how you'd think it's a different league it's actually a poor Leinster team in some ways

Haha different league my arse. More passengers on that team than you realise. We'll see how the cards play out but I think we'll win this. Regardless of how optimistic that is it won't be a run away either way.
Regardless I'm happy we're playing so many homegrown players and if we get nothing else from this season, a lot of guys like the Scannells, O'Donoghue, DOC2.0 have all stepped up a level, and I'm glad we've backed Holland. Could be crap for all we know but we need to try something.
Nah, Leinster might lose this themselves like last week but Munster don't have the team capable of going out and beating a competent Leinster side. There's parity in the second row and Back three, although I think as a unit Leinster shade it here especially if Kirchner keeps his good form up and Munster's back row aren't too far behind because Murphy, who has been in better form of late, is in ahead of VdF. Leinster's front row, half backs (mainly due to the man against child 10 match up) and centres are comfortably better. Less duds on Leinster's bench as well. Recent shaky form is the only reason I have for saying this isn't a foregone conclusion.

Nah, Leinster might lose this themselves like last week but Munster don't have the team capable of going out and beating a competent Leinster side. There's parity in the second row and Back three, although I think as a unit Leinster shade it here especially if Kirchner keeps his good form up and Munster's back row aren't too far behind because Murphy, who has been in better form of late, is in ahead of VdF. Leinster's front row, half backs (mainly due to the man against child 10 match up) and centres are comfortably better. Less duds on Leinster's bench as well. Recent shaky form is the only reason I have for saying this isn't a foregone conclusion.

I take it you haven't seen much of Munster lately?

I take it you haven't seen much of Munster lately?
I've skimmed through incompetence v Cardiff and Treviso and watched them beat a very poor Dragons. I didn't watch Zebre last week admittedly but that's not really important unless they incorporated a completely different style of play which I highly doubt. Leinster have collected losing bonus points against the other two ***le contenders this season in the last two weeks despite playing badly, I just don't see what there is to worry about a mid table side at home with our best players returning other than the team itself under performing.

If you look at the best player on the pitch by the unit they play in it reads like this:

Front row - Jack McGrath
Second Row - Devin Toner
Backrow - Jamie Heaslip
Half Back - Jonny Sexton
Centre - Garry Ringrose
Back Three - Isa Nacewa

Leinster have a different class of player, Earls and Stander are the only ones close to what Leinster have here. Neither team are anywhere close to being in a rich vein of form but Leinster will be rewarded better with the return of their internationals. It probably sounds arrogant but I think it's a fair reflection of where the teams are at. Leinster are simmering and ready to start winning trophies again once form is found, Munster are grinding out results against weak sides to qualify for Europe and this should be a step too far for them especially now that Leinster have a 10 again.

I've skimmed through incompetence v Cardiff and Treviso and watched them beat a very poor Dragons. I didn't watch Zebre last week admittedly but that's not really important unless they incorporated a completely different style of play which I highly doubt. Leinster have collected losing bonus points against the other two ***le contenders this season in the last two weeks despite playing badly, I just don't see what there is to worry about a mid table side at home with our best players returning other than the team itself under performing.

If you look at the best player on the pitch by the unit they play in it reads like this:

Front row - Jack McGrath
Second Row - Devin Toner
Backrow - Jamie Heaslip
Half Back - Jonny Sexton
Centre - Garry Ringrose
Back Three - Isa Nacewa

Leinster have a different class of player, Earls and Stander are the only ones close to what Leinster have here. Neither team are anywhere close to being in a rich vein of form but Leinster will be rewarded better with the return of their internationals. It probably sounds arrogant but I think it's a fair reflection of where the teams are at. Leinster are simmering and ready to start winning trophies again once form is found, Munster are grinding out results against weak sides to qualify for Europe and this should be a step too far for them especially now that Leinster have a 10 again.

I'd say Stander better than Heaslip. Alot would agree with me.
On form Murray probably the better half back.
I'd also argue Ringrose is gone off boil slightly.
And back 3 I'd totally disagree but again the talking will show tomorrow. The way you going on ye should have a BP win secured by half time. I'm just amazed ye have next weekend off.
On trophies issue. Munster have had a lot of injury issues and regardless we aren't ready to win trophies. We need a 10 to lead that. But realistically that's where we are. But don't kid yourself thinking Leinster are back near top. Yeah they may win a ****e Pro12 this year and it's because we are all ****e this year but they've gotten slightly worst and the gap between us Celtic teams and Anglo French clubs has grown. Leinster are no more closer to being a serious team again than Caitlin Jenner is of riding Bruce Jenner.

I'd say Stander better than Heaslip. Alot would agree with me.
On form Murray probably the better half back.
I'd also argue Ringrose is gone off boil slightly.
And back 3 I'd totally disagree but again the talking will show tomorrow. The way you going on ye should have a BP win secured by half time. I'm just amazed ye have next weekend off.
On trophies issue. Munster have had a lot of injury issues and regardless we aren't ready to win trophies. We need a 10 to lead that. But realistically that's where we are. But don't kid yourself thinking Leinster are back near top. Yeah they may win a ****e Pro12 this year and it's because we are all ****e this year but they've gotten slightly worst and the gap between us Celtic teams and Anglo French clubs has grown. Leinster are no more closer to being a serious team again than Caitlin Jenner is of riding Bruce Jenner.
Schmidt wouldn't, I'd wager most international coaches wouldn't either, Heaslip was Ireland's best player in the latter (read winning) rounds of this six nations. I've predicted a comfortable win, when two sides that aren't on great form meet the side with the stronger players usually win and that's what I see tomorrow the fact that one side has been someway better than the other this season only helps that, all it is is an opinion, no need to get so upset.

As for the rest Leinster are far from a fully fit squad and haven't been for much of the season. Without Fitz and O'Brien Leinster are down two of their five best players, throw Kearney, Conan and McCarthy in there and you have five players well up to the standard of European rugby. With Henshaw coming next year and McGrath having more time to hone his game Leinster will have one of the strongest backlines in Europe, we'll probably struggle in the second row until Moloney and/or Ryan mature but that's not a long way out.

I also disagree this has been a ****e pro 12, overall the quality has improved as the season has gone on. The Scarlets and Connacht are two brilliantly coached sides who are stronger than the sum of their parts, Leinster have been a dominant force outside the international windows, only losing one game in those periods iirc and Glasgow have gotten over and look like ***le contenders and even Munster are seeing improvements in the new year. The World Cup favoured the English and French with their shorter World Cup, in England's case, and more influential foreign imports next year will be different.

Schmidt wouldn't, I'd wager most international coaches wouldn't either, Heaslip was Ireland's best player in the latter (read winning) rounds of this six nations. I've predicted a comfortable win, when two sides that aren't on great form meet the side with the stronger players usually win and that's what I see tomorrow the fact that one side has been someway better than the other this season only helps that, all it is is an opinion, no need to get so upset.

As for the rest Leinster are far from a fully fit squad and haven't been for much of the season. Without Fitz and O'Brien Leinster are down two of their five best players, throw Kearney, Conan and McCarthy in there and you have five players well up to the standard of European rugby. With Henshaw coming next year and McGrath having more time to hone his game Leinster will have one of the strongest backlines in Europe, we'll probably struggle in the second row until Moloney and/or Ryan mature but that's not a long way out.

I also disagree this has been a ****e pro 12, overall the quality has improved as the season has gone on. The Scarlets and Connacht are two brilliantly coached sides who are stronger than the sum of their parts, Leinster have been a dominant force outside the international windows, only losing one game in those periods iirc and Glasgow have gotten over and look like ***le contenders and even Munster are seeing improvements in the new year. The World Cup favoured the English and French with their shorter World Cup, in England's case, and more influential foreign imports next year will be different.

Again it's not what Schmidt or any international coach matters. Just what alot of people's opinions are. In predictions for SA tour alot went for POM/Stander/SOB. But again it's not a right or wrong just alot of opinions. And again I'd disagree about Heaslip being best player for Ireland in latter games. Yea he was good but not best in my view. Not upset either just saying.

Regards rest I think it has been a more exciting Pro12 yes but not better quality. And regards comments of Leinster I'd agree that yes ye have players coming in but it's how they're used is key. And I'd disagree on shorter RWC being a form of argument. Wasps embarrassed Leinster away and did double as Leicester did to us and Saracens did to Ulster.
Leinster also have poor try scoring account this season against top teams. Just my opinion as I say. But well I will be going up with confidence as Scannell has been up there as find of season and Holland playing superbly. And we'll our back 3 are all scorers. And I saw state some where they've more tries than all Leinster backs. That means nothing tomorrow but I'd also disagree Leinster will have 1 of best backlines next year. They have a 10, a 12 in Henshaw and potential at 13 but outside that they haven't anything major been fair. I'd consider Ulster as having a better line potentially

Last edited:
Pathetic penalty called
Oh look it's Dudley Phillips. Was talking to him on Tuesday for the IRFU tag competition he's a lovely guy but a shambolic ref.

Last edited:
Old Luke Marshall. That's what happens when you let a Northern Protestant whose never played Gaa kick the ball.

What about Chris Henry?? ;)

This could be a heavy win for the Ulster men, Connacht look so disorganised compared to last week.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Callum Black has joined Dan Cole and Samson Lee in rugby's hall of sexiness

Ah You really having a shocker in front of his new team. Muldoon has been class so far. Adeolokun has been impressive. Everyone else is ****house for Connacht.

Connacht maintaining the ***le of most frustrating team in the world. So much done right but get the fat boys out of the backs for lords sake.

Latest posts