• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 14 - Round 14ish

Rough scenes. Gavin Thornbury knocked out while trying to make a tackle. Two really good tries from Connacht in the first half though, they're saying some really nice stuff. No sign of Madigan yet.

Heffernan's been good. Probably worth an Ireland spot in a few weeks.

Heffernan's been good. Probably worth an Ireland spot in a few weeks.
Definitely been better than Herring who couldn't hit snow off a rope. Aki just bullied over his try very well. Have to say Carty has been excellent. Some of the Connacht tackling is savage.

Well done Connacht. Definitely the better side. Didn't see the game last night but by all accounts both Irish games were really high quality which is great!

Interesting ending to the Ospreys-Dragons match. Ashton Hewitt scores a try, Sam Davies misses the conversion, there is time for a final charge, knock-on leaves it all square at 20-20. I wonder if George North will appeal against his red card for dangerously tackling Hewitt too?

Why no extra time, or what we call over time here in the states?

Last edited:
Was in stadium on Saturday and it is horrible these games played in empty stadiums but is better than nothing.

On Saturday we were just short but the injuries and well new combinations were part of reason and well we will be able to have right cut off semi if we get there.
The real winner from weekend was Andy Farrell. A lot of fringe Irish lads are really putting the pressure on now. And we all look capable of causing shocks on a day.

This season is as I said before just a fancy preseason. Yes we will all like to go as far as possible and are taking it serious but it is diluted.

Why no extra time, or what we call over time here in the states?
It's not a knockout game so the game just ends after 80 and both sides get 2 points. You would go to added time in a knockout game. I know in American sports they generally play to have a winner except in NFL where you really rarely have a draw after OT, but although it's relatively rare in rugby draws happen.

It's not a knockout game so the game just ends after 80 and both sides get 2 points. You would go to added time in a knockout game. I know in American sports they generally play to have a winner except in NFL where you really rarely have a draw after OT, but although it's relatively rare in rugby draws happen.

Thanks for letting me know. I've never been a fan of draws (or ties as we say over here). I've been watching the Super Rugby games this summer and they've used extra time.

Last edited:
ballix on the rg injury.
hope kleyn is ok. Not the first time he's had neck injuries.

big chance now for some of the younger lads. I'd be slow to go down the joker route tbh. Let Coombes and Wycherley have the minutes. Aherne perhaps too. Will beirne make a sf?

Kleyn, Beirne and Snyman all injured. It's enough to make you feel sorry for your biggest rivals.

Hopefully gives Wycherly a proper chance though.

Wycherley has been on a good trajectory tbf. He got a lot of minutes last year. Not sure if there's a superstar there but a very solid player. Might be a little undersized for the type of game he plays at the elite level.
Him and billy isn't a great lineout partnership though unless you play a line out option at 6 due to lack of height but they're solid around the park. Pom Coombes or beirne I suppose.

I wonder how much of Tom Ahern we'll now see. Silver linings and all that. He's into his second academy year and judging by the photos he's bulked up a lot during the 6 months off. I think pom even mentioned it

Latest posts