17:15
Dragons vs Scarlets
19:35 Ulster vs Leinster

Sun 30
15:00
Munster vs Connacht
17:00 Cardiff Blues vs Ospreys
19:00 Zebre vs Benneton

Losing the end of season game to Ulster is practically a tradition for Leinster by now. Presumably both teams will lash out the second string with semis guaranteed for next week.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)

15. Rob Kearney (218)
14. Hugo Keenan (14)
13. Rory O'Loughlin (67)
12. Ciarán Frawley (25)
11. Cian Kelleher (14)
10. Ross Byrne (85)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (89)
1. Ed Byrne (53) CAPTAIN
2. Seán Cronin (182)
3. Michael Bent (136)
4. Devin Toner (245)
5. Ross Molony (95)
6. Josh Murphy (32)
7. Will Connors (16)
8. Max Deegan (63)

16. James Tracy (108)
17. Michael Milne (8)
18. Tom Clarkson (0)
19. Rhys Ruddock (172)
20. Scott Penny (13)
21. Rowan Osborne (4)
22. Harry Byrne (9)
23. Jimmy O'Brien (17)

Munster
Shane Daly; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Jack O'Donoghue, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O'Sullivan.

Connacht
Tiernan O'Halloran; Colm de Buitléar; Sammy Arnold, Tom Daly; Matt Healy; Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade; Paddy McAllister, Shane Delahunt, Dominic Robertson-McCoy; Niall Murray, Quinn Roux (C); Eoghan Masterson, Conor Oliver, Abraham Papali'i

Replacements: Johnny Murphy, Conor Kenny, Matthew Burke, Ultan Dillane, Seán Masterson, Stephen Kerins, Peter Robb, Conor Dean.

Connacht are sending out the seconds here in reality, a couple of players aside. Munster should really win and win well here with that team. Munster opting with 6 forwards on the bench is interesting. Not sure who covers a back three player if one goes down. Would have liked to see a young lock on the bench. Billy doesn't scream impact, but to be fair when he came off the bench during the Champions Cup he was absolutely clutch (the Exeter game in Thomond he won us the game with a steal or two). With that said, I don't think there's any huge need to be conservative here. I think we will give Connacht real grief at the breakdown with how it's now being read and the backrow we have.

A good side on paper, exciting prospects in Max Williams and Will Talbot-Davies on show for the Dragons.

Ken Owens makes his 250th appearance for the Scarlets. Incredible servant. Strong pack and another chance for Williams to shine in the middle of the park.

Interesting sides. Sam Moore and Matt Protheroe on their respective teams benches. Will be exciting to see both take the field.

Glasgow ends their season with a 15-3 victory over rival Edinburgh. :)

Great start. Was thinking this would be the end to the winning streak but good signs.

Edit: Mark Robson loves Madigan more than @The Alpha Bro

Great start. Was thinking this would be the end to the winning streak but good signs.

Edit: Mark Robson loves Madigan more than @The Alpha Bro
Nah

Decent Ster performance, the back row of babies just murdered Ulster's back row of old useless fucks, best performance I've seen from Josh Murphy. Harry will take over from Sexton in 12 months I reckon.

Stockdale looked comfortable at 15 which is great, Lyttle has potential but needs to calm down a wee bit and with little opportunity to show much it's hard to say anything else for Ulster bar McCloskey being noticeably bad.

I've never been convinced by Josh Murphy, always thought he'd end up the odd man out coming through at the same time as a bunch of potential superstars in his position but he was really excellent tonight. Connors and Deegan were also excellent and should be on the bench next week. The entire pack did really well overall.

The back three next week is hard to call with Dave out, none of them really put their hand up today.

De Buitlear not having a great time tackling there. It's one thing being fended off by DDA but being bounced by POM?!

Murphy is being very strict and arguably harsh. Don't think he's being completely consistent either.

Pack absolutely manhandling Connacht so far. Stander with two great turnovers. Some bright stuff from Connacht though. Their new 8 is a bull and the ball carrier they've definitely lacked. Murphy taking no prisoners so far with the decisions...

14 penalties in 25 minutes is mad.

Think that's definitely high, I'd have said yellow but red is hard to argue. Papali'i does look like he'll be a talisman for Connacht though.

Hate to see that red card. He's a league guy but you can't hit like that in union.
Edit: Jesus Christ another red. This is mad.

Last edited:
This is absolute madness. Murphy doesn't have a choice after the TMO tells him it's an elbow straight to the neck but two reds in the first half is rough.

I'm amazed Cloete didn't get a yellow for his late tackle.

Murphy had six years in Galway, I'd say he's lost most of his fans haha.

Murphy losing control if there's 5 ******* cards in the first half. That was never a penalty against Beirne.

Latest posts