• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 14 - Round 15

A good side on paper, exciting prospects in Max Williams and Will Talbot-Davies on show for the Dragons.

Ken Owens makes his 250th appearance for the Scarlets. Incredible servant. Strong pack and another chance for Williams to shine in the middle of the park.

Some good rugby on display between both sides. Scarlets pack was to powerful for the Dragons, the young props had a hard time at scrum time. Scarlets got the rub of the green in this fixture. Refereeing was dire, a real drop in quality with some awful and inconsistent decisions. Dragons at time can play some nice rugby but are far to inconsistent.

Connacht are goosed. It's a pity Snyman did his ACL I'd love to have seen Beirne getting use in the backrow.

Will be Leinster as expected so. Not ideal having a short turnaround against a fully rested Leinster side. Don't fancy our chances, but there's definitely a few more gears in that side.

Benetton beat Zebre 16-9. The first half was very competitive, but the second half bogged down due to excessive penalties. :(

Regarding the possible move of the four Super Rugby (South African) teams to Pro14. I personally hope it doesn't happen. I agree with those who think 18 teams is too much.

Last edited:
Regarding the possible move of the four Super Rugby (South African) teams to Pro14. I personally hope it doesn't happen. I agree with those who think 18 teams is too much.
It's three South African teams in addition to the Cheetahs so it'd be Pro 16. Once there's no more than 22 regular season games I'd be happy with it, competitive South African sides will take the league to the next level.

It's three South African teams in addition to the Cheetahs so it'd be Pro 16. Once there's no more than 22 regular season games I'd be happy with it, competitive South African sides will take the league to the next level.

Thanks, I forgot that the Southern Kings recently pulled the plug. But who are the three teams from Super Rugby? There's the Stormers, Bulls, Lions and Sharks, so which one will be left out? This article has all four of them joining Super Rugby. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/report-south-african-super-rugby-poised-to-join-pro14-by-early-2021/

If it happens that would make it Pro17. Pro14 minus Southern Kings = 13 plus Stormers, Bulls, Lions and Sharks = 17.

Last edited:
Thanks, I forgot that the Southern Kings recently pulled the plug. But who are the three teams from Super Rugby? There's the Stormers, Bulls, Lions and Sharks, so which one will be left out? This article has all four of them joining Super Rugby. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/report-south-african-super-rugby-poised-to-join-pro14-by-early-2021/

If it happens that would make it Pro17. Pro14 minus Southern Kings = 13 plus Stormers, Bulls, Lions and Sharks = 17.
I can't find the first article I read but this is the gist.

I can't find the first article I read but this is the gist.

Thank you. I hope it doesn't happen, I like Super Rugby better with the South Africans involved. Oh well, I don't have a say in the matter and they don't care what I think. :p

Ospreys have been really dire ever since their unexpected loss to Benetton in April 2017. Wtf is the matter with them?

Latest posts