• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro12 Round 6

Even welsh flyhalf reject Tovey is ten times better than Scotlands number two Duncan Weir. Great pass and cross kick for two of the later tries. Treviso defence laughable but Edinburgh will take any positive sign they can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Those 'high tackles' are seen every game and punished less than a 100.

I thought the ref was alright, but yeah the high tackle decisions are made easier to refer to the TMO when the crowd starts howling. Pretty impossible for the TMO to knock it back once referred.

Even welsh flyhalf reject Tovey is ten times better than Scotlands number two Duncan Weir. Great pass and cross kick for two of the later tries. Treviso defence laughable but Edinburgh will take any positive sign they can get.
Tovey had a great game but Weir is certainly not 10 times less a player imo. Weir is better with ball in hand and is sound defensively . Embra will be pleased at the performances of the young home bred contingent . Sorry that Glesca is not live this afternoon . Look for a big one here !

Yeah, I may have exaggerated a little! I posted details of how to get legal live streaming of the Glasgow game above if you can tolerate Italian commentary.

Total respect to the Ospreys last night for what was a very clinical performance at home.

From a Cardiff perspective I think that they will be incredibly upset with the lapses in defence, having really sured that area of the game up in the first few games. I think that Cardiff really missed Corey Allen who has been a key person in organising the defence and it was a big ask to ask Garyn Smith to have his first start at the season in the bear pit. He was a key person missing, and at the game, it was clear that Cardiff had lost their shape.

It's the first time this season I've seen Cardiff chose the aerial game over the running game, and it's something that's never worked for us. They had plenty of possession but it was an equally great defensive performance from the Ospreys.

The other problem Cardiff had was having two 6's in the boiler house. Macauley Cook is a decent 6 but he was up against AWJ and Bradley Davies, who are monsters in comparison to Cook and Turnbull. I think missing George Earle really didn't help Cardiff up front and it showed in the carrying area. I like Earle, he's been playing well and it was sad to see him go off against Leinster.

I'm disappointed, but the Ospreys are a top 4 team and I still feel top 6 is where Cardiff need to be looking to show progress for this year.

Tough job for the TMO! The ball is nowhere to be seen from those angles

Total respect to the Ospreys last night for what was a very clinical performance at home.

From a Cardiff perspective I think that they will be incredibly upset with the lapses in defence, having really sured that area of the game up in the first few games. I think that Cardiff really missed Corey Allen who has been a key person in organising the defence and it was a big ask to ask Garyn Smith to have his first start at the season in the bear pit. He was a key person missing, and at the game, it was clear that Cardiff had lost their shape.

It's the first time this season I've seen Cardiff chose the aerial game over the running game, and it's something that's never worked for us. They had plenty of possession but it was an equally great defensive performance from the Ospreys.

The other problem Cardiff had was having two 6's in the boiler house. Macauley Cook is a decent 6 but he was up against AWJ and Bradley Davies, who are monsters in comparison to Cook and Turnbull. I think missing George Earle really didn't help Cardiff up front and it showed in the carrying area. I like Earle, he's been playing well and it was sad to see him go off against Leinster.

I'm disappointed, but the Ospreys are a top 4 team and I still feel top 6 is where Cardiff need to be looking to show progress for this year.

i wouldnt knock the blues too much as 3 tries came within that sin bin period (albeit a silly pen to concede). we were very clinical, some of the best handling i have seen from us for a long time. lets hope we can keep this form ongoing and the good news is that even with our internationals away we now have decent strength in depth

Silly question: If non munster/leinster fans had to chose between Sexton and ROG, what would they pick?
I thought it was a no brainer but i was told it is actually quite close.

Ringrose turned him inside out for Isa's near miss. He's cost you 8 points.

Leinster just need to stay composed and disciplined and this will take care of itself.

Latest posts