• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gym Shorts?

cactus

Academy Player
Country Flag
Great Britain
Hi lads, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been lurking but just not posting!

I need to buy myself some gym shorts, and it's taken me ages to decide on a pair. I'm trying to choose between some shorts made by Under Armour, which are polyester and in the black colour:

http://www.kandco.com/under-armour-...798,4294935514/s/bestsellers,0&totalResults=1

Or some shorts made by Nike, in the black colour which are cotton:

http://www.kandco.com/nike-jersey-m...2798/s/bestsellers,0&trail=2780-2781-2798-175

My mate said he'd definitely recommend the Nike shorts over the UA ones, but which would you choose? Do you find a difference if they are cotton or poly? If you had any other recommendations for shorts please share!

Cheers!

I'd get the UA ones, because they're cheaper.
At the end of the day shorts are shorts. I have a pair of B&I Lions gym shorts and the rest of the time I just wear rugby shorts

Where is your wife or girl friend?

Aha, unfortunately I don't have one yet mate!

Olyy, thanks for the help, I have some old rugby shorts I used to wear at school but I think they might be a bit too short! I think they're both good brands, I'm just not sure yet.

Shorter the better, how else are girls supposed to 'mire your quads ;)
:lol:

But yeah, either/or - they'll both be of similar quality so just go for whichever you prefer the look of (or whichever's cheaper!)

I wear Rugby shorts or tracksuit bottoms in the gym they are just as handy IMO

And rugby shorts make you look built as hell while squatting..

And rugby shorts make you look built as hell while squatting..

I don't think so for me, at least if I wore my ruggers shorts I wouldn't have to buy some gym shorts! Once I've built up my quads then maybe :lol:
I'm starting on a few workouts and protein powders later this year, here's hoping!

The powders will help recovery time and aid in the building of muscle , provided you lift regularly and eat above maintenance every day , best of luck though mate

Aha, unfortunately I don't have one yet mate!

Olyy, thanks for the help, I have some old rugby shorts I used to wear at school but I think they might be a bit too short! I think they're both good brands, I'm just not sure yet.

Just asking. Might give a suggestion which one and then you look like a outdated Pat Cash and be forever pee'd off. Best thing go fit them on and take the one that feels good on you.

Thanks man! I'm going to buy some weights and perhaps a bar so I can get started properly. Gyms over here are so expensive I've found a few weights will pay for themselves in about 2 months! I'm not sure which weights to get yet, I might just buy a whole kit.

I've actually ordered both pairs of shorts, and I'll see which ones I prefer when they arrive! I should post a pic of me in the shorts once they come so you can see how scrawny I actually am.

Thanks for your help anyway lads :)

Under armour they look cooler and look better for free movement, they look very airy. Expert advise :)

If you want bulking up get a product called serious mass, i took it and the first 3 weeks i put on nearly 3 kg :)

:O, wow that's really good. Well done man!

The UAs look really light and a review said they were very airy so we'll have to see when they arrive!

My friend is going to give me a sample of "Kinetica" which he uses and says is really good.

Cheers 04!

Yeah Kinetica is meant to be tasty as well so atleast you won't be vomiting everywhere haha. I like the nickname 04 Its kinda catchy :)

If you are going the way of a home gym then a power cage and Olympic bars are the way forward , I got a bench press thing once and all it was really good for was , you know...Bench press..

Powercage and good equipment would be top knotch.

Powercages are pricey as f**k unfortunately.
Definitely getting one when I've got my own gaff though.

Powercages are pricey as f**k unfortunately.
Definitely getting one when I've got my own gaff though.

Yeah they are pretty steep .. I'm going to chance getting a bloke I know who is pretty slick on a welder to chance making one.

powercage.jpg

Look at that style...

Thanks guys, I'll have a look for a few bars and weights to see what's good. My mate has given me a few recommendations so I'll have a look around. Unfortunately I don't have the money or the room for a power cage but it looks like torture. I imagine it's a good kind of torture though ha!

Latest posts