• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

H Cup Quarter Final : Toulon vs Leicester

I have a feeling the Armitages feel almost as French as they do English and most people in England hate Leicester anyway.

huh...oh yeah ?? what's wrong with the Tigers ?...I have no clue, I just look at the team from a Rugby standpoint...what, like, extracurricular stuff ? rumors ?..a particular incident ?

It was, Yoe, with Leicester unlucky not to have been further ahead at half time and Toulon were prevented from scoring tries in a very strong second half by them because of a superb defence, their own errors and some marginal ref calls!

Right result in the end but not the best match of the quarters...........ASM/MHL take that honour with the Munster performance a close second!

Well you feel that Toulon can produce some exciting rugby, but they do have those slower forward-oriented grindout matches...I wouldn't have expected anything flamboyant out of this confrontation. I'll still watch the thing though...

huh...oh yeah ?? what's wrong with the Tigers ?...I have no clue, I just look at the team from a Rugby standpoint...what, like, extracurricular stuff ? rumors ?..a particular incident ?.

The Armitage family were brought up in the South of France before moving to back to England................their move to Toulon was like going home!

Leicester are like Manchester United and too successful to be liked by anoyone but their own supporters!!

The Armitage family were brought up in the South of France before moving to back to England................their move to Toulon was like going home!

Leicester are like Manchester United and too successful to be liked by anoyone but their own supporters!!

agreed except the man utd part . Please don't put me in the same book as them !! ;)

huh...oh yeah ?? what's wrong with the Tigers ?...I have no clue, I just look at the team from a Rugby standpoint...what, like, extracurricular stuff ? rumors ?..a particular incident ?

Well you feel that Toulon can produce some exciting rugby, but they do have those slower forward-oriented grindout matches...I wouldn't have expected anything flamboyant out of this confrontation. I'll still watch the thing though...
I actually like the tigers. Genuine rugby team with a lot of history. They along with Exeter are my favorite English team.

I actually like the tigers. Genuine rugby team with a lot of history. They along with Exeter are my favorite English team.

I like you you are my new friend ;)
partly cos u are the only person I've heard say that . Congrats on the win earlier btw :)

Well you feel that Toulon can produce some exciting rugby, but they do have those slower forward-oriented grindout matches...I wouldn't have expected anything flamboyant out of this confrontation.

Biggest points scorers in the Top 14 and sceond to ASM in tries scored this season and, against BO and MHL for instance, being two of their games I have seen, their backs were magnificent........

Yes its true, we are so great everyone hates us! and no before you all say it I am not arrogant

With their record over the last 20 years, at least, there is no reason why you should not be arrogant!!

Got to love a cheeky drop kick from Wilko to win a game.

Very blunt way of putting it, but kind of.

I have a massive amount of time/respect for the guy after reading his autobiography.

No kind of about it, given the lack of pleasure he seems to have taken out of some moments and the amount of pressure he's put himself under, I'm honestly not sure I'd swap lives. I have an immense respect for him, but a very obsessive personality.

I would love it if he got to win the HEC. Love it so much. Allez Toulon Anglais!

p.s. I too have a lot of respect for Leicester; a proper rugby club doing things the proper way.

I like Jonn but I hate what how the media almost like to make it out that the 2003 world cup was won by him and Johnson, completely disrespectful to a great side, it was also ten years ago and he's not the player he was then through injury and age.

As for Leicester I don't like them but I have huge respect for them and would always support them over teams like Toulon, Quins and Sarries, these teams are the scum of rugby in my opinion where as Leicester are a real club.

I don't mind Leicester - a lot of their fans are 'orrible* but they're my local team so I've always had a soft spot :lol:

*I can say that because I'm surrounded by them :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Toulon win it - I'd have backed Quins or Tigers over the others, but now I'm not massively fussed.

cmac - what's your beef with Quins? Is it the Bloodgate thing?

Wilko divides people down to the core of how rugby should be played. If you think that the priority of a fly-half is to control the game and it'll excuse deficiencies in attack, then you're a fan of Wilko. If you believe that fly-halves have a responsibility to attack and engage the backline, then you're probably not. His battle vs. Flood has been had so many times. Farrell and Burns, Stephen Jones and Hook, Beauxis and Trinh-Duc,...

I don't mind Leicester - a lot of their fans are 'orrible* but they're my local team so I've always had a soft spot :lol:

*I can say that because I'm surrounded by them :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Toulon win it - I'd have backed Quins or Tigers over the others, but now I'm not massively fussed.

cmac - what's your beef with Quins? Is it the Bloodgate thing?

Pretty much yeah. It probably sounds petty but and it was more Dean Richards (ironically) but I need to channel my hate. :) Joe Marler, Nick Easter, Danny Care and Mike Brown don't help either.

Fine, you want me to say it? I'll say it

I despise Wilkinson and the dewey eyed notion its 2003 all over again and because of his play A DECADE AGO he deserves to waltz onto the Lions tour.

Its a decade ago now, you need to let it go fella.

Forget that Wilkinson has more World Cup winners medals than Wales will ever own as a nation. It's not his fault.;)

Pretty much yeah. It probably sounds petty but and it was more Dean Richards (ironically) but I need to channel my hate. :) Joe Marler, Nick Easter, Danny Care and Mike Brown don't help either.

Mike Brown's lovely.

Its a decade ago now, you need to let it go fella.

Forget that Wilkinson has more World Cup winners medals than Wales will ever own as a nation. It's not his fault.;)

Bzzzzzzzz .....

Guess again ...

ba3ugyne.jpg

:)

Latest posts