Habana may move to saracensSaracens are planning to use their golden South African connection to sig

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by steynboi, Sep 28, 2008.

1. steynboi

steynboi Guest

we may well have a handful of rugby talent africans at the club for the 2009/2010 season.

evidence: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunio...remiership.html

and also daily mail newspaper

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

"750,000 South Africans living in the southeast of England."

I was more startled by this. Is that a real statistic? :huh:
    Anyway, the way Saracens are playing this year, Schalk and Habana will be plying their trade in the Challenge Cup next year.

4. steynboi

steynboi Guest

we have played 2 good games and 2 bad games. It's watford's fault if we lose at home

5. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 28 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah, and their opponents in the first round will be Saints :lol:

However, there are a load of influential people in South African Rugby putting money into Saracens. The word on the street is that they want to bring a South African franchise into the Guinness Premiership through the back door after an original idea was scotched by the RFU.

6. steynboi

steynboi Guest

Well we owned the saints without ease. Just adding habana and schalk to the teamsheet will just be embrassing for the saints.

7. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 28 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Watching the repeat yesterday, it seems that you hardly owned the Saints. The fact you only broke away in the last 15 minutes shows this much at least...

8. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Well by the same measure, Saints weren't exactly cruising comfortably either. In fact they were going to sneak a victory despite all the pressure from Saracens.

9. steynboi

steynboi Guest

we still owned them. Our set pieces was too much calculations for them and they crumbled like bred crumbs falling from the knife onto the board.

ps. why is the title wrong it should just be habana may move to saracens not with all the extra crap on the end.

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 28 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Watching the repeat yesterday, it seems that you hardly owned the Saints. The fact you only broke away in the last 15 minutes shows this much at least...
    [/b][/quote]

Don't rise to it, he's an idiot who clearly didn't watch the game. It wouldn't be the first time he's spouted ********.

11. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

'twas such a tight game and a keen contest. Both sides faults seemed to cancel each other out for the most part in the end to be honest :lol:

12. steynboi

steynboi Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 28 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

Don't rise to it, he's an idiot who clearly didn't watch the game. It wouldn't be the first time he's spouted ********.
    [/b][/quote]

i watched the game.

your the idiot who thought saints would cream the saracens but really it was the saints who was creamed on.

The first half was very boring.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

When did I ever say "Saints would cream Sarries"? Come on, tell me.

I fancied their chances before the game, and in reality they had a good chance of getting a result at half time. It started going wrong when Fox pulled Lamont back for the knock-on that never was.

The team started to self implode with about 18 minutes to go and the scoreline flattered Saracens to the nth degree. Neither team got "creamed on" as you so like to put it, nor did either look particularly poor for the majority of the game. It was only when Saints went down to 13 men that Sarries ever looked like scoring.

And finally, just because Prestwick is taking the mickey in his own unique style doesn't mean that you have to start acting like a knob making derogitory comments.

14. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Oh god, here we go.

CLASH OF THE FANBOYS!

[​IMG]

When I take the mick, I always do it in ways which confuse and baffle, such as spamming Mite's threads with WWE tribute videos.

15. bates

bates Guest

Well according to me this transfer will cost the Saracens a serious £ :D
    Altho I doubt if it's a good thing for SA rugby if 2 of there better Boks player are going oversea. ( Altho Schalk couldn't convience me the last couple of TNC games, but in general he left a pretty good impression)

16. steynboi

steynboi Guest

im not making derogitory comments im just believing in my team. I believe in whats right. Northampton didnt either look close to scoring in fact they didnt and we did just because of 13 men. We was near the try line anyway when u was at 15. Jackson was going to go for 3 but borthwick said no and wanted a scrum so dont say 13 men was an excuse we could of gone for 3 instead of 7.

anyway this thread is about habana and shalk moving to sarries not about saints v saracens whos better :p.

17. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Just as a side-note: Ben Foden must feel like a right prat leaving Sale for Saints at the moment...

18. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Schalk wont leave, his genuine level headedness as a person would surprise me if he left his roots behind in search of money. He's only 25, maybe after the next world cup.

20. steynboi

steynboi Guest

hopefully he will come we've had peeps like jannie de beer and pieonar, brent russell just adding habana and schalk will give me a hard on when i look at the teamsheet to play against teams.

21. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Burger won't leave imo, however Habana has said he wants to play in France so he may join a English team but it'll probably be for a short while, just long enough to secure a retirement fund. Then he'll come back to SA and open a coffee shop like all the other players that have come back.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!