Habana retires

mania

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Samoa
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...winner-and-springboks-record-holder-to-retire
i coach under 11's , i've been coaching kids for the past 10 years.
when i talk to the kids about hard work i tell them to watch Bryan Habana. i tell them that this guy chases probably a thousand kick offs and only one ever pays off with a play or a try. next kick off and again Habana is at it again. one of the most hardest working wingers ive ever had the privilege of watching

Habana would be welcomed into any ABs side

wow 67 tries. this despite during the PDV / player revolt (smit, matfield and Fourie du Preez`) /4 year era era where not once did they have a move that would get the ball to the Habana, yet he still managed to score tries . Habana was under utilised as smit, matfield and Fourie du Preez opted for the kick and pressure game, which by 2010 was outdated and obsolete.

He claims that he was forced into retirement due to the fact that he wasn't getting any game time at Toulon despite being fit and ready to play after sustaining an injury. He was one of the best wingers to ever play for the Boks, if not the best. The wingers the Boks have now are bloody average in comparison to him.

Never liked Habana, always seemed like he was very 'up himself'

Never liked Habana, always seemed like he was very 'up himself'

He might have seemed that way, but he is genuinely one of the most humble guys you'll ever meet. I think what made him look like that was because he had a lot of confidence in himself and what he could do, and he tried to show that in how he played.

I agree with heineken. He appeared to be extremely confident but humble too, even when those two qualities rarely meet.

Latest posts