Hair Removed from Elite Panel

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by An Tarbh, Nov 4, 2006.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Darrel Hair has been removed from the elite panel in the wake of the controversy surrounding the 4th test at the Oval between England and Pakistan.

I think it's only right, especially when he asked for the money to resign, he certainly didn't do his cause any favours with that one even if he did eventually withdraw it the damage had already been done.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

I saw the first two words of this thread and immdiately thought it was another Gavin Henson thread:"Hair Removed."

4. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

well it's not surprising he was the umpire who awarded that final test to England.

6. BronskiBeat

BronskiBeat Guest

he went by the rules though pakistan should have taken the field after their initial protest, im not saying he was right on the ball tampering issue but both umpires were right to award the test to england

7. woosaah

woosaah Guest

8. The Flash

The Flash Guest

Hair gets discussed all the time, but the ball tampering itself was never covered one way or the other. The evidence that lead to his decision was never publicly discussed and there was outrage at his decision.

I would've liked to have seen more on the actual issue and less of it being made personal.

Hair may have had nothing and that would've been a better way to expose him. IF he was wrong.

We are talking about a cricket nation which clears drug cheats.

9. woosaah

woosaah Guest

and they have a long history of ball tampering anyway

10. The Flash

The Flash Guest

Yeah, but they stopped all that! How dare you! I'm outraged, etc!!!!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!