• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Haka? - what is it? I from Russia and i dont know?

The Tall Blacks... Classic! [/b]

Well it is not as bad as the Badmington team...they were called the "Black C*&^s"

No I think it's every Springbok's dream to face the haka, and really I think it adds more to the game then it distracts, it's the ultimate intro to a rugby match. [/b]

The Springboks in 1926 used to do a war dance and Jake White wanted to bring it back last year. Gee they should have done that as well as given Jake the keys to all their cities.

The Springboks in 1926 used to do a war dance and Jake White wanted to bring it back last year. Gee they should have done that as well as given Jake the keys to all their cities.

[/b]

I know of this, but It was more of a once off thing it would seem, wouldn't mind us trying it again though :)

I also caught wind of this. It was coined the Zulu Haka by the media. What ever happened to that song they used play before and while the Boks ran onto the field? Got me pretty pumped up

Oh is that what GG was talking about, I was thinking of another 5 letter word that starts with c and ends with s. Lol @ the reference article in wiki: 'NZ finds Black Cocks hard to swallow'. The media must of had a field day

I'd love to see a Zulu dance it could be quite fierce as the Zulu are well known warriors but have a very beautiful culture. They should do it like how the All Blacks came out and suprised everyone when they did Kapa O Pango.

I'd love to see a Zulu dance it could be quite fierce as the Zulu are well known warriors but have a very beautiful culture. They should do it like how the All Blacks came out and suprised everyone when they did Kapa O Pango. [/b]

I too would love to see them do it....it would go a fair way to bringing down the barriers some S.A people have towards the Springbok emblem and the conotations that go with its past.

I used to live in Rotorua, the home of the biggest Maori society of NZ.
For me the Haka has something special and like mentioned before it adds fire, stamina and energy to a game.

Yeah its a great tradition we have.

I think it was the Olympics or the recent commonwealth games where the NZ team started Haka's for practically everything till the point it almost devalued it, e.g white guys being un co and doing the Haka because someone came third or whatever lol

Hello Russian
Kak zela?
I am from Georgia and as you know we play rugby here in a very good way
What is haka?
Haka is the historical war dance of New Zealand Aborighens, Maori people made it against the people they were to fight against.
Very interesting text is about the ways "god will help them in a fight and they will devastate their enemies"
I recommend you to visit www.allblacks.com>haka history
video downloads are there too for free of course
Have nice time Druzhishe!
:cheers: :cheers:

Hello Russian
Kak zela?
I am from Georgia and as you know we play rugby here in a very good way
What is haka?
Haka is the historical war dance of New Zealand Aborighens, Maori people made it against the people they were to fight against.
Very interesting text is about the ways "god will help them in a fight and they will devastate their enemies"
I recommend you to visit www.allblacks.com>haka history
video downloads are there too for free of course
Have nice time Druzhishe!
:cheers: :cheers:
[/b]

Hello GEORGIAN!!!
YOUR CITY IN GEORGIA?
:bravo:

Yeah I just watched that video and that dude looks like an idiot he'd be scared like f*** if a real Maori went to his house and showed him the proper way to do it.

Hi again Russian yeah I am from Tbilisi
and best regards friend
well lets say something bout Haka
For me Haka is the great thing I see every match from NZ especially (but Fiji, Samoa, Tonga icluded too) this is the oldest tradition of these remarkable nations and adds more fire to the most beautiful and amazing play Rugby
as well as Rugby is the "intellectual worriors' play" I think such a great war tradition added to this play adds more charm to Rugby
But I think Haka is uniwue to the Southern nations and it must stay so.
I am a personal fan of tana Umaga and I remeber his amazing haka against Springboks where he was so artistic and agressive :rahh: :rahh: :rahh: I think NZ did really feel themselves on the war arena :wall: :%#%#: :%#%#:
best wishes mates :cheers: :lol2tn:

haka.jpg

so let these amazing people add more charm to this fascinating game

Yeah this is my favorite foreign player his higherness Tana Umaga

Tana-Umaga-Try.jpg

5997376.jpg

051105_haka_getty.jpg

As I say he is the Phenomenon

I actually enjoy the Haka but if I was playing against the AB`s(fat chance) I dont think I would be too keen. IMO it gives too much time and respect to the all blacks without giving anything to the opposition. Now if all the All Blacks were Maori`s I wouldnt have any problem with it as its a cultural issue.
[/b]

Show me a Full-Blooded Maori from New Zealand... ... ... ... ... uh.. yeah. (it's harder than you'd think)

Tha Haka is a tradition (Maori or otherwise) it is an amazing spectacle, and something that gives a great sense of pride and power to the All Blacks. I say, let them have it, and do it until the end of time. It is beautiful, and scary. (I had a 110 Kg Maori forward perform the Haka "AT" me at a club function, and it blew me away. )

That being said....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHh0hT6mQ

Latest posts