TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
conrad_2501043.jpg

The half-time break for the Tri-Nations will be extended from 10 to 12 minutes to help teams prepare for this year's World Cup.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3821_6982471,00.html

"The change has been made to assist the All Blacks, Springboks and Wallabies in adjusting to a longer half-time break during the forthcoming Rugby World Cup," Sanzar chief executive Greg Peters said.

Surely an extra 2mins doesn't take a ridiculous amount of adjusting to

I'm stunned. You might as well have an hour between the two halves now. This is going to change the game forever.

If anything should the players not be keeping the shortened break in order to be working a tad bit harder and having shorter rest periods? so that when the Wc comes around the extra minute or two may have some boost or an effect...that said 2 minutes is hardly a huge thing...Hard pressed to boil an egg or even spank the monkey in such a short timeframe

If anything should the players not be keeping the shortened break in order to be working a tad bit harder and having shorter rest periods? so that when the Wc comes around the extra minute or two may have some boost or an effect...that said 2 minutes is hardly a huge thing...Hard pressed to boil an egg or even spank the monkey in such a short timeframe

Richie McCaw would beg to differ. Hence it being brought in.

Suppose a man living his hectic lifestyle he must try get his 5 a day somehow :/

Probably just an excuse to stuff another two to four commercials in at half-time.

I have a feeling my GF will write to SANZAR and the IRB to complain about this! hehe

Its to bring in more ad's and therefore more sponsors, it all abouth the money, relisticly 2 min's will have no affect on the players body.

Latest posts