• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Halfpenny heads home

C

Cymro

Leigh Halfpenny is to return home after a reoccurrence of a thigh injury ruled him out of the rest of the British and Irish Lions tour.

The Wales winger was a late arrival on the tour, having remained in Cardiff to receive treatment on the problem.

After joining the tour, Halfpenny played against the Cheetahs on Saturday and was due to be on the bench to take on the Sharks on Wednesday.

The Lions, who already have Gordon D'Arcy as part of the squad as cover, will not be calling up a replacement for Halfpenny.

http://www.skysports.com/lions-09/story/0,...5371847,00.html

What a wuss! Seriously though, the guy has 2 more Lions tours in him. Good luck to the youngster.

Shame.

They are all starting to clock up now. We could start to put a fantasy team together of players that WONT be available for the tests.

Could've been worse. He could have left the tour uncapped. As Jericho says, he'll have more chances in the future.

Gutted for the lad. I feel he deserved his place.

It's a shame things haven't transpired for him.

Thom Evans should be been picked to replace him, fair enough he's not needed but I'd like to see him.

Thom Evans.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 10 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thom Evans should be been picked to replace him, fair enough he's not needed but I'd like to see him.

Thom Evans.[/b]

Read the article ... or the 4th line ....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The Lions, who already have Gordon D'Arcy as part of the squad as cover, will not be calling up a replacement for Halfpenny.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 10 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thom Evans.[/b]

Thom Evans.

Thom Evans. I do like his name too I must say.