• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Halloween/Bonfire Night

S

St Helens RLFC

Is a tasteless, trashy rubbish festival that gets ignored by me totally.

Discuss.

Awesome. I did nothing for it, but it allowed my friends to dress up in costumes of characters from shows and books I've never heard of. Fantastic for everyone. Oh wait: not so much for me. :rolleyes:
I agree with you, though. It's a 'holiday' I wouldn't mind seeing the back of.

I shoot the little f***ers if they look over 12... Pests the lot of them...

I know you do things differently down your way Charlie, but I don't tend to shoot them. I just turn the lights off (who says I don't get into the spirit of things?) and if the door goes, don't answer it. I have a "don't answer the door" policy from October 24th - November 6th. No trick or treating, no eggs, no Penny for the Guy....

Just peace and quiet.

Well they don't learn down here the egg the house if you don't answer... So the best way is to sit upstairs with the BB Gun and shoot at their feet, they don't come back then, last year I shot at 3 lots and this year had none knock the door...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 31 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is a tasteless, trashy rubbish festival that gets ignored by me totally.

Discuss.[/b]

Agreed.

But the kids have to get through a security locked foyer or shimmy up 5 storeys to get to my flat.
I'm safe from trick or treaters, which is nice.

Yes RC, you are nicely ensconced away from the fellony of Cardiff's trick or treaters. I have a spotty guardian. His (disproportionate) bark tends to scare them off and scare them from doing anything else.

Well I am cautious leaving the dog to deal with them, especially after last year the caretaker at work had someone chuck a firework through the door, blinding the dog...

Dillon just stands by the door barking. I wouldn't let him out on his own anyway. If anyone wants to try and steal MY mini bags of Mars Planets, they have to get past me!

That is a gobshite's trick quite frankly. Its one of the big reasons I hate Bonfire Night to be honest. I'm lucky as if someone was to post a firework through my letterbox then there's a sort of little porch in the way that would stop it getting to anyone in the house or Dillon, but millions of other people don't have that security block.

The problem is, in my view, that fireworks aren't stigmatised enough and are too easy to lay your hands on. Not even sparklers should be sold to under 18's.

I've been holding up trains by gunpoint all evening. Photos to follow.

Happy Halloween!

Make sure there are photos to follow!

Meanwhile, this thread can cover the other cancerous excuse for destruction - Bonfire Night.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 1 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've been holding up trains by gunpoint all evening. Photos to follow.

Happy Halloween![/b]
:D Make sure you get a shot of Baldrick as you ride him.

Bonfire night is an anti-papist, pro-royalist, unionist, up yours Jonny Foreigner, type of celebration thingy. Halloween is a pagan saturnalia for people too young to have sex. The fact this all goes on for a week is because it's very profitable for manufacturers of gunpowder, makeup, and trashy costumes. Only in Britain.

Does Wales go through the same kind of thing? Scotland? They probably burn more effigies in Scotland.

I hate halloween. Just an excuse for kids to beg and dress up and also for shits of all ages to vandalise and trash stuff in the name of 'fun'.

Just a point: Psycho is on Sky Classics right now for any movie connoisseurs who are interested. :p

My house is different that theres a gate then open area bit then stairs to the deck and front door. But usually when the kiddies walk past they hear the dog bark and walk on.. Didn't get anyone come in.

Halloween aint that big here thankfully. All I did last night was go to the park and let off a soda bulb sparkler bomb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 31 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bonfire night is an anti-papist, pro-royalist, unionist, up yours Jonny Foreigner, type of celebration thingy.[/b]

shtove once again displays a complete lack of any knowledge about the UK. Well done.

That holiday never really caught on here in SA. I wonder why sometimes, but besides the fact that if you walk in the street at night here you come back home with no shoes and screw driver stab wound in your kidney, I've never known why.

I love Halloween. We all dressed up and had a big messy party in our tiny house last night. Was brilliant. It may well just be an excuse for a spot of meaningless celebration, but then again most holidays are in my eyes so I had no problem indulging this one.

Latest posts