Hand of God goals

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by dobrien7, Jun 10, 2007.

1. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Man this kid is a reincarnation of the great man, and while maradona's still alive...

Messi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m1cQ78KrCk

Maradona http://www.youtube.com/v/u0zjx4MAHzk

There's also this as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vokEFFCtpBY

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

it does seem the case as long as he doesn't do the hand of god goal against England or Liverpool...

4. guy

guy Guest

Messi should play striker in my opinion. His crossing isn't that good and he's wasted on the wing.

5. dorgasm

dorgasm Guest

amazing how he was compared to maradona for his "wonder goal" and again here!!! maradona at his best and worst!! <_<

6. Rugby_Cymru

Rugby_Cymru Guest

Did he not get cited after the game for using his hand? Did he get fined in any way, or as soon as the match is over in football nobody cares anymore?

7. BigTen

BigTen Guest

It was a fantastic run by Messi - he just ghosted into that gap. The defenders had no chance of defending it.

I bet the 'keeper wishes that he just cleaned Messi up - he could have gotten a glove to the ball and then straight into the face of Messi. No more "hand of god" goals for Messi!

I was playing indoor football last night and one of the opposition's players kept on trying to charge down my long distance shots at goal - every single time he clipped me as he charged the kick down. I pulled my shot each and every time because it is only indoor football and not worth hacking people. The referee was ignoring it so on the fifth or sixth time I decided that I wasn't going to stop the follow through.

Bang! I got him good and he went flying. He was a bit reluctant to charge my kicks down after that. Sometimes you need to take a more proactive attitude.

8. Hazey

Hazey Guest

What he was doing was 'gamemanship' - what you did was retaliation, and was probably the entire point of his gamemanship in the first place, because you're concentrating on him rather than the shot on goal, pass, etc.

Hook, line and sinker.

9. jmmontoro

jmmontoro Guest

neither, maradona is a disgrace (don't care what he ever did) and messi is an imitator

10. Masauron

Masauron Guest

Its pretty disgraceful the way he celebrates the 'goal' when he knowingly punches in with his hand.

11. Darkest Wish

Darkest Wish Guest

I have to admit I was a bit annoyed at his overly ridiculous celebrations for a goal that shouldn't even have counted.

12. guiguiom

guiguiom Guest

messi will be the new maradonna

13. Karthago

Karthago Guest

funny how people want to compare Messi with Maradona :D
    "Diego Armando Maradona is the legend of football"

14. BecKoU

BecKoU Guest

he is his secret son :p

15. Eternal Idol

Eternal Idol Guest

What a pair of cheaters! Those are the worst actions in football history (after the 1966 World Cup of course).

16. ferenzo

ferenzo Guest

Messi is in the way to the trone !!!!!

17. n4d4

n4d4 Guest

messi have a great future,but compare with maradona :p is very very dangerous for your carrer

18. LFC4Life

LFC4Life Guest

There was another hand of God goal in the Middelsbrough Reserves vs Liverpool Reserves recently. It was shameful - I don't understand how both a ref & his linesman fail to spot these sort of things!!!

19. Zimboy

Zimboy Guest

I remember Messi's hand of god the funny thing is that the referee gave some of the opposition yellow cards because of the way they surrounded him in protest. Poor performance on behalf of Messi and the officials

20. Cymro

Cymro Guest

As it has been mentioned above both players gloat in the fact they cheated to score which cost the other side!

21. axemurder

axemurder Guest

messi is the best player right now, nex wek my country, Chile, is going to play agains argentina in buenos aires for the world cup elimination and i am so scared of him, he could win the match alone

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!