• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hands on this morning Toulouse (France)

BOOM!! There goes the sales.......England team seem to enjoy though. So i guess a 30 man positive to 1 person negative is good though right???
Yeah but this is a guy who went specifically to play the game. With the england team its more a case of " will you guys please play this for a minute ". I doubt many if any of them gave a toss about the game to be honest.But who knows everything could be rosy right? Right??

Yeah but this is a guy who went specifically to play the game. With the england team its more a case of " will you guys please play this for a minute ". I doubt many if any of them gave a toss about the game to be honest.But who knows everything could be rosy right? Right??

Not doubting anyone's opinion, especially those that have had the privilege to play the game. I just can't get my head around all this talk of failure that the game is a slight update over 08? 08 (for the most part) was a great game, again this is a personal opinion but a fair few agree.

Anyways, lets enjoy true failure below

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt many if any of them gave a toss about the game to be honest.
I don't get why pro rugby players aren't allowed to be gaming fans

If you get 45 20-30 year olds together, how many of them will have an Xbox or a PS3?
Get 45 sports fans of the same age together, how many are likely to be fans of sports games?

This is no different, and many of the players have spoken in interviews or on twitter about how they play games a lot

Last edited:
I don't get why pro rugby players aren't allowed to be gaming fans

If you get 45 20-30 year olds together, how many of them will have an Xbox or a PS3?
Get 45 sports fans of the same age together, how many are likely to be fans of sports games?

This is no different, and many of the players have spoken in interviews or on twitter about how they play games a lot

Agreed, over in Canada all the young hockey players are gamers to some extent, infact many teams place games on their charters...Their opinions are important, who better to comment on the realism of the rugby game (or hockey game) than someone that plays the sport at the highest level?

I don't get why pro rugby players aren't allowed to be gaming fansIf you get 45 20-30 year olds together, how many of them will have an Xbox or a PS3?Get 45 sports fans of the same age together, how many are likely to be fans of sports games?This is no different, and many of the players have spoken in interviews or on twitter about how they play games a lot
Thats fair comment. However I would say that its highly unlikely any of them wait on or appreciate rugby gaming anywhere near as much as people on this forum. I would say theres some passing middle ground, but nothing more.

Thats fair comment. However I would say that its highly unlikely any of them wait on or appreciate rugby gaming anywhere near as much as people on this forum. I would say theres some passing middle ground, but nothing more.

really, I think you are wrong, although professionals, they are still young men, prone to the same tendancies as other young men.

*Random people on the Internet who haven't played the game, obviously! :p
The guy who started this thread has played the game though, so that comments pretty much invalid.

really, I think you are wrong, although professionals, they are still young men, prone to the same tendancies as other young men.
Are you still talking about gaming now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you still talking about gaming now?

I am talking about all aspects of 20 year old life. Perhaps chasing split ass, drinking beer and playing video games...does it matter, it's not the occupation that totally defines a person. I would reckon that some of them are big gamers and really interested in playing this and RC.

Could be said for the All Blacks that went to play RC ... oddly that no one mentioned this argument when they played it ... oh wait ...

I find it highly amusing that the people also disregard other people's reviews and only focus on the negatives of them.

Could be said for the All Blacks that went to play RC ... oddly that no one mentioned this argument when they played it ... oh wait ...I find it highly amusing that the people also disregard other people's reviews and only focus on the negatives of them.
I have never made any comment on the AB playing RC. Again they would be opinions I would take with a grain of salt. Its easy to have some fun with a game in a crowd, its when your playing against the ai its true long term colours become apparent.

Directed at Pad31.

1. Overall whats your rating of the game out of 10?

2. What was the team ratings for France and England?

I have never made any comment on the AB playing RC. Again they would be opinions I would take with a grain of salt. Its easy to have some fun with a game in a crowd, its when your playing against the ai its true long term colours become apparent.

Just saying you never raised the point on the RC thread ...

These forums are going south quick, I normally don't post much (nothing good to say don't say anything) I just wanted to see what people say about the game hands on, not forum members and mods arguing about another ***le. Come on guys little bit of class

I didnt want that my feedback look so negative.As i said , i enjoy rugby06 so i enjoy this one too despite the common gameplay and animation.I didnt play a lot with the set play and so didnt comment them as i do not like them at all. It is only my feeling but i dont like to see the colputer playing for me . However i was indeed, quickli show the set play for ruck preference. It should have an impact on them but too be honest it is not clear what it is (number of player into the ruck?)i think it is important that all of us including me remind that i may have missed some new features that was not explained to me.Concerning the rating of teams, there 2 points between france and england ( advantage to british..., it was 95 to 97 or 93 to 95)To summarize, YES , i play the game as rugby 06 and may have miss some of the new features.so please take my review as a description of what i have SEEN. Let's see if other feedback can bring new informations.

I didnt want that my feedback look so negative.As i said , i enjoy rugby06 so i enjoy this one too despite the common gameplay and animation.I didnt play a lot with the set play and so didnt comment them as i do not like them at all. It is only my feeling but i dont like to see the colputer playing for me . However i was indeed, quickli show the set play for ruck preference. It should have an impact on them but too be honest it is not clear what it is (number of player into the ruck?)i think it is important that all of us including me remind that i may have missed some new features that was not explained to me.Concerning the rating of teams, there 2 points between france and england ( advantage to british..., it was 95 to 97 or 93 to 95)To summarize, YES , i play the game as rugby 06 and may have miss some of the new features.so please take my review as a description of what i have SEEN. Let's see if other feedback can bring new informations.

Yea, I got the feeling that would be the case, as I would probably do the same thing, after so much time with 06,08, i would just get in there and play, and probably go back to old style of play, like in 06, 08, but I am pretty sure from the description of changes, that if the new stuff is implemented I am hoping it will make the game play more realistic, now in saying that, they could of made some changes in there scrums, mauls, line outs, that is the only category that I wonder the true dedication to the game, 4 years is a long time, where we could of had some changes in those categories, hopefully there are some slight adjustments at least. TO THE PEOPLE TESTING THE GAME, PLEASE TEST OUT THE NEW FEATURES, WE KNOW THE OVER ALL GAMEPLAY WILL BE SIMILAR TO 06,08, WE ARE INTERESTED IN THE NEW STUFF, AND IF AND HOW IT CHANGES THE WAY YOU PLAY. NEW FEATURES: QUICK BALL AT RUCK, SET PLAYS ARE MORE NATURAL, NEW DEFENSIVE MECHANISM TO FACE UP OPPONENT, RUCK STRATEGIES ON THE FLY,(WILL THE PLAYERS JUST STAND AROUND AND LOOK AT RUCK LIKE O6,08, OR JOIN RUCK ON THE FLY IF YOU PRESS FIRST PLAYER TO RUCK TACTIC,WHEN CAN THESE TACTICS BE CHOSEN BEFORE THE PLAY BEGINS ONLY OR ON THE FLY AS YOU SEE YOUR TEAM GOING OUT WIDE,THIS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!), CHIP KICKS, NEW GRUBBER, THE AI RUNNING LINES, OFFLOADS SUPPOSED TO BE IMPROVED, THE HANDS IN RUCK FUNCTION SHOULD HAVE SMALLER WINDOW BUT ALLOW FOR MORE CHANCE WITHOUT PENALTY, KILL THE BALL FUNCTION DIFFERENT FROM HANDS IN RUCK, (THEY SAID THE REF WILL BLOW THE WHISTLE AND EITHER GIVE THE OFFENSE THE BALL OR DEFFENSE THE BALL, IN THE PAST IT WAS ALWAYS OFFENSIVE TEAM TO WIN THE PENALTY) THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT COULD CHANGE THE GAME CONSIDERABLY AND WE SHOULD LOOK FOR. OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN!!!!
CHEERS AND SALUD
PAD31, great job in any case, I respect your honesty, and I to like 06, and, 08, so I know there is a good chance, I would like this game. Some other questions?
How long where the games you played when score was 24-0? Did you see any Mauls at all? MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS IN PAST GAMES YOU WHERE AFRAID TO BREAK TO MANY TACKLES BECAUSE YOUR BACKS/FORWARDS SUPPORT WOULD NOT SUPPORT YOU IN THE RUCK AND YOU WOULD TURN THE BALL OVER AT THE RUCK, in other words you had to be conservative with your breaking or avoiding tackles, this FEELING is what I liked least about 06, 08. SORRY FOR THE, RANT OVER, FIRST TIME RANTER THOUGH:)
CHEERS AND SALUD

Last edited:
Yea, sorry mod Cymro, first time I have done that. I am just tired of the game getting negative publicity when the true new features of the game have not really been tested, if you see the poll I had of, if people like 06,08, most people liked it by far, so why so much negativity?? I think most of us have enjoyed there past games, and just because there may or may not be a better game in the horizon, I don't think people should say negative things about game play untill they have had some time with the game, and I am not talking about 15 minutes with game, if they are good added features they will take more time then that to master and discover. Look, I am just trying to be fair here, I am sure AJ and the rest of the team are sick of all BS being said here. GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!! Oh sorry again.
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
just a comment on professional athletes and gaming:

I am following @QuadeCooper on twitter and he ofter tweets about playing fifa with kurtley beale and james oconnor so there is one example of 3 amazing rugby players who frequently play video games so im sure their opinion on RC is valid. this shows me if people on the england squad like RWC2011 we should take their opinion just like we would of one of our friends who had played the game

Latest posts