• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hands on this morning Toulouse (France)

Pad31

Academy Player
Good morning
Rwc11 is presented in different town in France with tournament.
I was lucky to try it this morning in Toulouse ( to be precise in the shop micromania in Blagnac).
Quick feedback after playing France-England with hardest difficulty.
Graphically, it looks better that the horrible trailer but worst that Jonah lomu rugby challenge. However, I will wait to try Sidhe's game to confirm it. Every player has a complete shadow, detail 3d model , that really look as the real player.For the gameplay, take rugby 06 & 08 , add a few tweaks and that it! For someone as me who really enjoyed rugby06 gameplay, it still as good as it was! But, it look that Hb have been a little bit lazy...A lot of animation are exactly the same, and some holes in the defense are exactly at the same than rugby 06. After 4 years waiting for a new game , playing rugby06/08 regularly, I was expecting something better!I have been show some different game mode. It is for example possible to do some "tournée" ( i dn tknow the english word... It is when for example french team is coming in Nz fot a couple of test mathc). You need to win the first tournee ( for example against fidji+samoa) to unlock a new one against new zeland)Concerning the ruck, i was a little bit worried about the new mechanism, but finally, it doesn t change to much compare to previous game. As explained in other topic, you need to press the X button (on ps3) very fast to fill a gauge taking car not to exceed its limit. If you fill it quicker than your opponent you win the ball.It means thbt you do not control the number of player in the ruck neither addition or removal, it is managed automatically and is not linked directly to the X button.If you have other questions, I can try to answer!!For information , the winner of the tournament yesterday in Bordeaux (france) was a regular,playerof rugby 08... i think it summarize quite well my feedback.Regards Pad

Last edited:
Really, the same holes in defense even?

The code literally must be a straight port across.

great review! is the hardest AI difficulty genuinley hard? Sick of beating NZ convincingly with Russia hahha

Seriously ? the supposed "Great new rucking system" that every preview were making a fuss about is just a button mashing competition ?

Last edited:
Seriously ? the supposed "Great new rucking system" that every preview was making a fuss about is just a button mashing competition ?

From what info we got it's more of a threshold sort of system. If you go too hard you ll hit red and are more likely to give away a penalty. We'll find out for sure soon enough.

Just thank our lucky stars there is a DEMO coming out. I get the feeling HB was trying to make a quick buck here. The game should be priced the same as God of War Collection on PS3..

Just thank our lucky stars there is a DEMO coming out. I get the feeling HB was trying to make a quick buck here. The game should be priced the same as God of War Collection on PS3..
And you think the way to make a quick buck is to bring out a demo that people can see what they are buying????MMMHHH

I just dont get some of the logic though. They think the best way of handling rucks is not by choosing how many players to commit, but how quickly you can press a button? Where has the thought process been on technical aspects like that?

Concerning the difficulty, i lost 24 to 0 playing France against england....BUT, i didnt play rugby 06 since 4 month, and after the game i really feel that it shouldn t be too hard after playing a couple of match. It look like i havent mount my bycicle ( here it is rugby 06...) for year, i just need a little bit of training to reach my previous level.It is a pitty that I do not have the time to play the tournament ( which last for the whole afternoon) as some player from the Toulouse team were awaited!!! The rewards for the winner is a ball signed by some peopke i forget... ( maybe developper team)

An additional remark, as a lot of people i'm really impressed by the gameplay video of rugby challenge. But i prefer not to be too much enthusiast. All of us know how difficult it is to develop a good gameplay for a rugby game. On the other hand it is very easy to built a video compiling the best of a bad game...
I know now the rwc11 , even if not as good as expected, has the same solid gameplay that previous game i enjoyed.
I hope RC will be better but let s be cautious... An hands on is organised in ireland tomorrow, we should have some interesting feedback.
At the end , i will buy both game for sure!

Last edited:
From what i see, it look to be mainly the same. But there is certainly a few new one.

I will definetly buy it but maybe not at full price....It is Pending a lot on the feedback and release date for RC.Multiplayer is really a big addition compare to rugby 2006 which justify to buy it even if looking as rugby08 HD

pad, is there any new hand off, shoulder charge and sidestep animations as they were pretty bad in other rugby games

I will definetly buy it but maybe not at full price....It is Pending a lot on the feedback and release date for RC.Multiplayer is really a big addition compare to rugby 2006 which justify to buy it even if looking as rugby08 HD

Will you be getting a crack at RC?

@spies8: all animation for special move ( control by right analog stick) look exactly the same than previous game... Even the reaction with defenser are the same.

Anothet remark, the game really look as a gold version as there was nowhere any reference to a beta version as it is frequently done. Release date was confirmed for the 26 of august by the representative.
It was a nice guys, but he said me that RC has just been delayed until the 15 of november... That is competition, small lies are allowed!

Last edited:
@pad31: thanks for answering my last question but what was you favourite part of the game ?

Latest posts