• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hape to Bath?

Is he any good??
[/b]

He was. He was one of the best centres in SuperLeague.
He picked up a long term injury last season and hasn't had much impact so far this season.

Well Getofmeland he is a really good league centre but whether that will make much difference in union is another matter. I know he has been looking for a move to the prem for quite a while so this move will be what the guy really wants. He is a replacement for Barkley I imagine but obviously wont possess his nous and kicking game. Therefore he will be used to break the gain-line to release the dangerous Maddock and Banahan. Hard to tell but at 26 has a good shot at doing well. Try to forget Chev Walker.

Cheers Guys

Danny - Chev Who!!!
[/b]
Chev Walker the greatest young player of his generation. Doesnt say much about the rest of his age group. Dont worry we`ve got Vainikolo to help us deal with giant wings like Tuilagi this season.Stick with union signings cos now we have the fitter and more professional players and set-ups. Times have changed, good luck Shontayne(sounds like a new exotic council house name)

Ah, the annual "Hape" wants to switch to union so he's joing <strike>Gloucester</strike> <strike>Saints</strike> Bath...

Ah, the annual "Hape" wants to switch to union so he's joing <strike>Gloucester</strike> <strike>Saints</strike> Bath...
[/b]
He`s finally got his wish. Big bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
He`s finally got his wish. Big bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b][/quote]

Haha He wishes, there ain't no big bucks at Bath, alot of the money for Bath has been put aside for the rec redevelopment which should now be going ahead, if what I have heard is true!

We'll welcome Shontayne down at Bath, he's joining a team on the up, who are playing great rugby

Plus with the ELVs in play next season there should be less kicking and more running, which might make the switch easier for him

<div class='quotemain'>
Cheers Guys

Danny - Chev Who!!!
[/b]
Chev Walker the greatest young player of his generation. Doesnt say much about the rest of his age group. Dont worry we`ve got Vainikolo to help us deal with giant wings like Tuilagi this season.Stick with union signings cos now we have the fitter and more professional players and set-ups. Times have changed, good luck Shontayne(sounds like a new exotic council house name) [/b][/quote]

:lol2tn:

Yeah, lets not get onto this League v Union ******** again...

It's an old debate restarted 100 times over, nobody ever gives way, nobody can use a sense of reason, 90% of the muppets who start them have never even watched the other code and did I mention this old debate is boring?

I agree. Why can't people either enjoy both codes or remove the chip on their shoulder about opposite codes.

Lighten up guys... there is nothing wrong with having a friendly 'dig'.

I love both codes but am more than willing to have a little jest at both.

I wish Shontayne all the best at Bath. The man is class and I'm sure he will have the Bath fans on his side in no time. His partnership in SL with Lesley (it's a girls name ;) ) was a wonder to behold at times and for that he has my thanks even when he was tearing Wigan apart down that left flank!

Give him the necessary time to settle in... he's a great player.

After watching him last night, he'll never do much in Union. To slow to avoid contact, a bit naff at passing and regularly put on his arse by players half his age/size. He also plays like a league centre - Spending his life out wide on the wing.

Still, he can offload well when he's being bundled into touch.

Well, we were linked with him 2 years ago. And last year for that matter.

A bullet well and truly dodged there.

Latest posts