• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hape to Stains?

Did you hear this rumour in the same place that Stevie Myler is allegedly switching back to join St. Helens?

Hape joined Bath this year. He's Ãœbershite at playing union, but he'll have a long time on his contract yet. Plus the LBNW Mafia will e determined to have him wearing an England shirt sooner or later, he can't do that if he switches codes.

He wants out of Bath, that much has been established. So far only Leeds Rhinos have been in contact and I think they only wanted a loan deal. It makes sense for Saints to sign him (in a perverse sort of "any centre is better than no centre" sort of way) but I can't see it happening. And if a transfer fee is due, absolutely no chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 16 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He wants out of Bath, that much has been established.[/b]

Where did you hear that load of old cobblers from? He's just ****, not unhappy.

Anyway as he signed a 3 year contract with 2 1/2 still left, all he can do is sit on his arse if he's finding union a bit too tough. They would have put in cross code stipulations considering his career history and Baths history with code swappers (ie. Robinson and Walker).

Supposedly he's told his mates back at Bradford that he wants out. And there are no secrets in the world of rugby league. Something is going on with Hape. He would, presumably, have to buy himself out his contract unless Bath are eager to get shut of him.

They can't be eager to get shot of him, they're playing him now! Gawd knows why however.

I think you've heard a rumour and that's all it is. If there's owt on the Sport Network boards, you're pretty much assured it aint the case.

Out of interest Vambo, where has this come from? It has been doing the rounds since before Christmas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 16 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Out of interest Vambo, where has this come from? It has been doing the rounds since before Christmas.[/b]
d

Seen it mentioned here and there. The Bath board has a 'from the horses mouth' denial on it but it's a bit quiet around here so I thought I'd encourage some traffic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 16 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did you hear this rumour in the same place that Stevie Myler is allegedly switching back to join St. Helens?[/b]

I'd be very suprised to see Myler return to RL.
He's already a far better Union player than he was a League player.

There's no comparison. He was never anything special for Saints, he has been impressive more or less every time I've seen him play for Northampton.

Forget that mare he had with the boot on Saturday Dan, just remember the cute an, dare I say it, "Mercurial" work he did with the ball in hand.

It was still ******** that Barnes gave MOTM to Foden. It was Digger (or maybe Lobbe) by a country mile.

Latest posts