Happy St. Georges day...

Prestwick

Airhornsman
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Saracens
..England, Georgia, Bulgaria, Barcelona, Perpignan, Genoa, Lebanon, Newfoundland and so on...

england-flag-pic-.jpg

large_flag_of_ge&#111.jpg

barcelona_flag..gif

All Patron Saints stories are ********;

St. Patrick wasn't Irish and there were never any Snakes in Ireland to begin with. And for that matter, he never once drank Guinness.
St. Andrew never played Golf.
Dt. David never made the earth rise beneath his feet.
St. George never slayed a dragon.

The whole concept of people remembering St. Georges day come with the constant erosion of English identity, symbols such as the St. Georges Cross deemed racist by the wishy-washy media towards "ethnic minorities". Of late the only times anyone was allowed to do anything "English" without being accused of being BNP members was during sports events, so this whole movement does seem a new phenomenon similar as a similar move to Australia day or every-other-day in Texas.

Sadly it's going completely the other way again as the lout element of society are once again stealing the flag and what have else as they're own symbols.

So happy St. Georges day everyone. Try not to start a fight with anyone "a bit foreign looking".

They should revert back to St Edmund as the patron Saint of England, at least he did something believable and/or awesome (died fighting with Vikings)

Been wearing my England world cup 2003 replica shirt today... bit small but it's the only England shirt I've got!

Still, no sign of anything remotely St George's around my area. I was at my Grandma's in Buckinghamshire earlier this week and her village is completely covered in England flags.

It's a shame that it's only parish councils that seem to care about it anymore...

It's sad that England doesn't embrace it's national day to a greater extent. It's nice tpremember your roots and a little bit of patriotism never hurt anyone.

It's sad that England doesn't embrace it's national day to a greater extent. It's nice tpremember your roots and a little bit of patriotism never hurt anyone.

I understand this but why to celebrate a Saint that has no connection with England even if Dragon hunting is cool?

Probably because of the olde myths of Camelot, wizards and dragons roaming the land. Add a few generations of chinese whispers and BOOM!

Maybe.

All Patron Saints stories are ********;

St. Patrick wasn't Irish and there were never any Snakes in Ireland to begin with. And for that matter, he never once drank Guinness.
St. Andrew never played Golf.
Dt. David never made the earth rise beneath his feet.
St. George never slayed a dragon.

The whole concept of people remembering St. Georges day come with the constant erosion of English identity, symbols such as the St. Georges Cross deemed racist by the wishy-washy media towards "ethnic minorities". Of late the only times anyone was allowed to do anything "English" without being accused of being BNP members was during sports events, so this whole movement does seem a new phenomenon similar as a similar move to Australia day or every-other-day in Texas.

Sadly it's going completely the other way again as the lout element of society are once again stealing the flag and what have else as they're own symbols.

So happy St. Georges day everyone. Try not to start a fight with anyone "a bit foreign looking".

I've the same problem. I can't throw pipe bombs at the British embassy anymore without being called a member of the IRA... Political correctness gone mad!!

And then there are those that claim I am a monkey for hurling faeces down Downing St!

Latest posts