• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harbour 2012 ITM Cup Squad

Keithmurdoch

Academy Player
Country Flag
Congo
Club or Nation
Northland
Looking healthier than expected actually, with some unexpectedly juicy scraps falling of the (not exactly laden) Blues table. I've put the likely starters first

>Props
Ben Afeaki
James Afoa
Salesi Manu (from the W.Force)
Tai Vea
Alex Woonton

>Hookers
James Parsons
Manu Leiataua

>Locks
Filo Paulo
Chris Smith (looks to have come on really well in the last year with Taka - bulked up a bit)
Apisalome Ratuniyarawa

>Loosies
Glenn Preston (U20s blindside this year - looks good)
Malakai Ravulo
Solomon King
Irwin Finau (also lock cover)
Vili Fihaki
Jim Tuivaiti (beast)
Sam Hayes Stephenson (tool)

Brenton Helleur
Bryn Hall (we'll miss Chris Smilie unfortunatly)

Michael Hobbs (almost makes up for losing Ben Botica)
James Semple

Nafi Tuitavake (been awesome at 12 for Massey this year)
Rudi Wulf (I thought he'd gone to Toulon, apparently not so he can play centre)
Cory Aporo (hmm all three are really converted wingers, maybe some defensive concerns here)

Pita Ah Ki
David Raikuna
Francis Saili (best news of the week!!)
Codey Rei
Luke Devcich

The new contracting system for Super Rugby has made all the teams far more even... Harbour hasn't especially benefited from it directly, but other teams being diluted makes them a relatively better team.

With Afeaki, Hobbs and Saili you have a couple of good youngish players to build a team around. Throw in guys like Wulf and it's not too bad a team. Wouldn't compete with Waikato/Canterbury etc. for a ***le, but will hold their own in the Championship division.

I fully expect consistancy to be an issue yet again, and because of this I think just making the semis would be a really good effort, where I expect we'll be jioned by the likes of BOP, Canterbury, Taranaki and maybe Wellington or Hawke's Bay. We'll give Waikato a pasting first up at Albany though, aside from the loose fowards and halfback we're a better team all over the feild.

Last edited:
Haha, you're dreaming... Harbour may well beat Waikato first up, in fact if I had to bet on a team to win it WOULD be Harbour. Player for player though, Waikato is far superior. They need a few weeks to iron out the imbecilic behaviour they usually start the season with (and sometimes continue with throughout...), but once they get their act together they'll be quite hard to stop.

Plenty of young talent (again) for North Harbour, it is just going to be a matter of putting it altogether. It will be interesting to see what their first choice backline looks like, as they have plenty of players that can cover multiple positions. I think Heuller will start the season as the number 1 halfback, but I would expect Hall will have overtaken him by the middle of the season, as I believe Hall's ability to control the game with his astute kicking could be vital for North Harbour.

Good idea. There will be a couple of previews up by the weekend (1 for each division), and I will add a vBookie to each of these.

Good idea. There will be a couple of previews up by the weekend (1 for each division), and I will add a vBookie to each of these.

That's great ... i want to put all my vcash on the Makos to beat the Cantabs :D

... right, on the topic, i'll be interested to see how Harbour go this season, and particularly how Rudi Wulf goes ... if going by his efforts to get out of his contract and return to France is any indicator, i'm just wondering about his motivation to play

Latest posts