• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hard Difficulty - What kind of scores are people getting?

Thingimubob

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
Was just wondering what kind of scores people are getting against various teams on Hard Difficulty. Find that the get the more realistic scores I need to do 10min halves. Pretty much only played as Wales so far :p The lowest ranked team I've played on hard is Namibia beat them 34 - 12 first attempt then 73 - 3 second attempt, which is my highest score so far. Played 3 against Argentina, losing the first two 34 - 29 and 27 - 16 then managed to beat them 14 - 13.

Did a 'Down Under Tour' with Wales too, some very very tight, tense games for me there!
SA 13 - 7 Wales - couldn't get the ball for most of the match, went 13 - 0 down before I managed to score off a scrum with 10mins to go, but didnt quite pull it off.

Australia 5 - 17 Wales - Discovered a secret Welsh weapon... Luke Charteris, his line-out rating is 90 and seems to dwarf opposition locks (especially the NZ no.5) and nicks quite a bit of ball at the line out! Used this to my advantage and got a try off a maul, then scored an awesome try in the corner with North after building up play from the half way line to secure it.

NZ 27 - 12 Wales - Well and truly got my arse handed to me tbf, they were 13 - 0 up at half time without me even getting a sniff of a scoring chance, they scored a 60m try after the break with a winger when he had a quick steal after Halfpenny (use him as a FB usually) got isolated to go 20 - 0 up. Then to rub salt in the wound a dodgy drop goal attempt by them bounced straight to their no.13 to but the winger over again. At the 60min mark it was 27 - 0 and only then I managed to get tries with North and Lydiate to make it look respectable.
Really enjoyed the contests though, such a huge improvement on the Elite difficulty of Rugby 06 and 08.

Last edited:
Just played a world cup with england on Hard-lost to argentina 20-18, beat georgia 38-10, beat romania 66-3, beat scotland 29-17, beat new zealand 9-3 (QF), lost to SA 20-17 (SF) still to play the Bronze match. Got robbed against sa at the end made a dangerous tackle in their 22 and the penalty was brought up to the halfway and steyn slotted it! Have heard others have also had that problem.

Haha anyone who knows how much I hate O'Gara won't believe this.....I was playing the WC as France (Not gonna play as Aus or NZ with those **** players, haven't edited all 30 yet), and I got to the semi-final which was against Ireland. 7 - 7 on full time....and the ******* O'Gara slots a 45m drop goal :( God must have had a good laugh there

Haha anyone who knows how much I hate O'Gara won't believe this.....I was playing the WC as France (Not gonna play as Aus or NZ with those **** players, haven't edited all 30 yet), and I got to the semi-final which was against Ireland. 7 - 7 on full time....and the ******* O'Gara slots a 45m drop goal :( God must have had a good laugh there

I actually managed to do a 42ish meter drop goal with O'Gara vs my mate earlier, though did bounce off the crossbar. Epic game in general that one, came back from 21 - 3 down (him as France) to win 29 - 28 with a last gasp O'Driscoll try :D

Ireland 68- USA 3 but I have edited Irish player to what I consider fairer ratings was probably a bit overzealous.

I actually managed to do a 42ish meter drop goal with O'Gara vs my mate earlier, though did bounce off the crossbar. Epic game in general that one, came back from 21 - 3 down (him as France) to win 29 - 28 with a last gasp O'Driscoll try :D

An O'Gara kick off the post, gee what a shock ;)

Ireland 68- USA 3 but I have edited Irish player to what I consider fairer ratings was probably a bit overzealous.

what type of ratings you done? Apart from changing one player to another haven;t done that much. Been quite conservative too, my Scott Williams is around 76ish, not very good on the field really either. Made my Andy Powell strong and fast (for a forward anyway), seems to be very good off the back of a scrum but made his rucking and other forward skills quite low. Does seem to make a difference whether he's in a ruck or not, so only really use him as an impact player or against lower ranked teams.

Some are a bit biased but keep in mind John Smit is rated 90. This is how it ended up.

Healy 90
Best 88
Ross 89 (mostly through strength and scrummaging)
O'Connell 93 (fairer then original rating didn't change DO'C)
Heaslip 95
Reddan 88
Sexton 99 ( increased defense and kicking)
Fitzgerald 93
D'arcy 92 (joke)
O'Driscoll 99
Kearney 99 (strangely only increased defense tacling and handling which I think many can agree on he's very good at)
Ferris 95 (fairer than the original 76 rating)

Some are a bit biased but keep in mind John Smit is rated 90. This is how it ended up.

Healy 90
Best 88
Heaslip 95
Reddan 88
Fitzgerald 93
D'arcy 92 (joke)
O'Driscoll 99
Kearney 99 (strangely only increased defense tacling and handling which I think many can agree on he's very good at)

Agree with some, wouldn't have so many 99s though :p steered clear of having too many 99 rated players. Did some more editing just upped George North to 82 because I felt he seemed a bit too slow in game, upped Shane Williams to 90 and made Rees into Ken Owens taking his stats down to 79. Made Ngwenya too for USA, got him at 89 (Speed and Acceleration of 96).
Want to make Manu Tuilagi too, not sure what player in the English squad to use for him or what stats he needs.

I added Manu Tuilagi for Shontayne Hape, who shouldn't be near an England jersey in any case. I can live with artistic license.. and it's a video game, so why not. It's not like Hape is gonna sue me for saying he's as useful as a one legged donkey.

Just managed to beat NZ with France on hard 39-0!:D Should've been 41 but I hit a post with a conversion but i'll not complain! Nice way to finish off the Southern Hem tour. Rather pleased/shocked lol I even went to the bother of taking a picture of the score at the end. Im a sad sad man lol

Healy 90
Best 88
Heaslip 95
Reddan 88
Fitzgerald 93
D'arcy 92 (joke)
O'Driscoll 99

Haven't Ireland just lost four in a row?

He had said he was bias and they were only warm up games and I don't think anyone would rate players on warm up games. Nice cheap shot though. :p

Beat Ireland with Argentina 34-3 yesterday in quater finals of the world cup, on hard. THE GAME IS NOT HARD ENOUGH...

On my First play through of the World Cup I beat Ireland 10 - 7 in the Quarters then lost 2X - 14 against Wales.

Doing a Tour with SA I got 60 points against Nambia, could of got more but was trying to get the Showboat 2 achievement and got pushed out a couple of times, also knocked a few pointless chip kicks on and kicked dead even with no one in front of me lol.

fair play getting those scores but i'm really struggling. playing with ireland at hard in the world cup i'm hammering all the tier 2 and 3 teams then when i play the big guns i just can't break them down and end up either loosing 3-0 or winning 3-0 with a jammy drop goal or penalty.

what should i do more of? I've tried mixing it up between flashing it wide and keeping it in the forwards and also using more of a kicking game but just don't seem to be able to get the linebreaks i need. very frustrating, AI always seems to have a man corner flagging it no matter how fast the ruck ball is

Latest posts