• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Harlequins Thread

True ... I have a season ticket so I think I was only looking at home games!

TBH, it doesn't change much. I'd take two losses to La Rochelle provided we have no more injuries and get a BP win against Worcester.

was just going to ask is this has been reported over there yet, whats the reception like?

I'd say most Quins fans are excited at what it might mean, but it's all quite vague at the moment so I think most people, like me are reserving judgement until we know a little more.

My understanding is that it's been put in place to stop the likes of Sopoaga, TKB etc. leaving NZ indefinitely. If it means that we will get players of that ilk coming to us for a season or too, I'm sure Quins fans will be very happy. Our academy also produces lots of very good young players, so if those guys can also get some SH exposure early in their careers, that would be great.

thats in line with the comments i've read over here, some you ca gon on sabbatical but only to this club we can keep an eye on you at

lots of people saying quins will potentially get a lot more out of it than NZ rugby

thats in line with the comments i've read over here, some you ca gon on sabbatical but only to this club we can keep an eye on you at

lots of people saying quins will potentially get a lot more out of it than NZ rugby
Yeah, I don't really know what they have to gain bar keeping hold of a couple of players. I'm interested to see what happens with the coaching resources though.

Yeah, I don't really know what they have to gain bar keeping hold of a couple of players. I'm interested to see what happens with the coaching resources though.

The player drain recently has been more significant than it has been in a long time and now it's players who are actually in the AB squad like Cruden, TKB, Fekitoa etc. it's become much more of an issue than it was with guys who were nowhere near call-up (O'Connor, the Marshalls etc.).

By setting up this agreement, they can allow their players to get a bit of experience (and a serious boost) in the NH whilst retaining their AB commitment.

As a Quins fan, I'm interested to see how it pans out from a longer term POV. I'm actually most interested in the coaching possibilities and the exposure some of our academy lads will get.

The player drain recently has been more significant than it has been in a long time and now it's players who are actually in the AB squad like Cruden, TKB, Fekitoa etc. it's become much more of an issue than it was with guys who were nowhere near call-up (O'Connor, the Marshalls etc.).

By setting up this agreement, they can allow their players to get a bit of experience (and a serious boost) in the NH whilst retaining their AB commitment.

As a Quins fan, I'm interested to see how it pans out from a longer term POV. I'm actually most interested in the coaching possibilities and the exposure some of our academy lads will get.

I think people over hear are blowing the drain up more than it deserves

Cruden (dropped to 3rd or even 4th choice), TKB (third choice), Fekitoa (second or even thrid choice). Sopoaga is probably the biggest loss but im pretty sure hes still only started one or two games for the AB's

Nick Auterac confirmed for next season, like to know how he'll fare there from Quins fans...

I honestly dont know... It's a weird signing I think because he is essentially third choice behind Boyce and marler, so I dunno

Lambert (a legend and underrated player) is highly likely to be retiring at the end of the season and it seems that Holenstein isn't rated sufficiently highly to step in to his shoes.

That means it's pretty much a straight fight between Boyce and Auterac as Marler's understudy. That gives us an international, an experienced Premiership player who is still young enough to improve and a highly promising up-and-coming youngster. That's the perfect balance IMO.

Lambert (a legend and underrated player) is highly likely to be retiring at the end of the season and it seems that Holenstein isn't rated sufficiently highly to step in to his shoes.

That means it's pretty much a straight fight between Boyce and Auterac as Marler's understudy. That gives us an international, an experienced Premiership player who is still young enough to improve and a highly promising up-and-coming youngster. That's the perfect balance IMO.
Yup, especially seeing as Marler's likely to be away for large parts of the season. I doubt Auterac demands a particularly large contract after being it being clear this 6N that he isn't even 7th in line for England LHP.

Our props are looking pretty good. It's arguably the strongest part of our squad. With the exception of Holenstein they're all English and more than half come from our academy.

Can we just get rid of Kingstone in the press conference post match plz? Just fire him on the spot...

Who is available as a replacement atm?

Latest posts