• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins - Gloucester Rugby (14/01/2012, 18:00)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Heineken Cup.png

Twickenham Stoop (14/01/2012, 18:00)
Harlequins.png
Versus H-Cup.png
Gloucester.png

Live on Sky Sports/Sky Italia/Sport+​

Last edited:
D'oh, put the Gloucester logo twice! Changed it now :)

Should be a good game - I'm never normally that fussed about same-league matches in the HEC (aviva vs aviva, etc.) but I'm quite looking forward to this one

The play leading up to the first try was better than the company of any woman whom I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Great try by Hopper, I've been very impressed with him anytime I've seen him play, pace and skill.

Completely agree, he's really come out of nowhere and established himself as a great #13.

Really enjoying this match - Hamilton playing very well, Tindall going well, Freddie Burns controlling and kicking from hand is good.

Neither kicker is doing too well at the tee though.

Last edited:
Nasty little shove from Care but can't say I blame here. Gloucester will be unlucky to concede from that play.

Wow.

Massive calls by Robshaw to keep going for the scrums, and then no try for Care being offside at the scrum!
Great passage of play that, even if it was just 10 minutes of reset scrums.

Gah, really thought Gloucester were going to sneak it at the end then.

Last edited:
After watching that match, and even being a Quins fan all my life, I really cannot see why Turner-Hall is in the EPS squad. What would he add? He's fine on defensive, OK on the crash ball (though he tends to go in a little high sometimes and just gets taken round the legs.) I suppose his offloading game is good...

Hopper is a really classy player.

Would have put Smith or Steggman in the team over Williams .... but that's because they both went to my school ...

Jonny May was good at 15 actually. I thought he'd be slightly shaky, but he had composure so credit to him.

After watching that match, and even being a Quins fan all my life, I really cannot see why Turner-Hall is in the EPS squad. What would he add? He's fine on defensive, OK on the crash ball (though he tends to go in a little high sometimes and just gets taken round the legs.) I suppose his offloading game is good...

I agree, he strikes me more as a club player than international, I wouldn't be surprised if after a few caps people will not like his lack of creativity and want him out similar to Shontayne Hape

Gloucester should of won that game. The Care push should of been seen so there should not of been a yellow card so we would of won the 7 man scrum and scored in the corner with May. Also at the end one of the Harlequins players should of been given a yellow, the referee should of been playing advantage and therefore the knock on should not of counted. Ridiculous.

You're not allowed have a 7 man scrum a wing or someone would have moved in.

Hopper is a really classy player.

Would have put Smith or Steggman in the team over Williams .... but that's because they both went to my school ...

Jonny May was good at 15 actually. I thought he'd be slightly shaky, but he had composure so credit to him.

haha they went to my school to interesting if your member name is anything to go on i know who you are...

I agree, he strikes me more as a club player than international, I wouldn't be surprised if after a few caps people will not like his lack of creativity and want him out similar to Shontayne Hape
I second this he just isn't anything special

You're not allowed have a 7 man scrum a wing or someone would have moved in.

You are allowed a 7 man scrum as long as front row and second row are filled. And they did use a 7 man scrum at the end of the game when Gloucester were on the attack after winning a penalty. The scrum turned into a Harlequins penalty and the game ended soon after.

Great try by Hopper, I've been very impressed with him anytime I've seen him play, pace and skill.
Great in attack, but poor in defense. He doesn't cope well against bigger players - seems to get flattened by one in every game he plays, and missed the JSD tackle to allow him in for a try. If he can get better in defense, he could be a great player.

Also, I repeat: why the hell isn't JSD involved in England? He's clearly still the best winger in England. Seems as if it's age holding him back, but despite his injuries, he seems to stay classy, and could go on until 2015. I'm also very excited about May. I hope he stays in the outside backs, it suits him more.

Great in attack, but poor in defense. He doesn't cope well against bigger players - seems to get flattened by one in every game he plays, and missed the JSD tackle to allow him in for a try. If he can get better in defense, he could be a great player.

Also, I repeat: why the hell isn't JSD involved in England? He's clearly still the best winger in England. Seems as if it's age holding him back, but despite his injuries, he seems to stay classy, and could go on until 2015. I'm also very excited about May. I hope he stays in the outside backs, it suits him more.

Preach it brother!

Gloucester should of won that game. The Care push should of been seen so there should not of been a yellow card so we would of won the 7 man scrum and scored in the corner with May. Also at the end one of the Harlequins players should of been given a yellow, the referee should of been playing advantage and therefore the knock on should not of counted. Ridiculous.
I almost would of agreed with you, but.... :mad:

Latest posts