Harlequins set to name Conor O'Shea director of rugby

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Dec 15, 2009.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    A bit of a bolt from the blue.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Good choice. Has always come across as a keen and knowledgeable figure in my opinion. Hope he does well.

4. I know the article tries to, but can someone fill me in on this guy? what brand of rugby, honours etc.

much appreciated

5. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Havent a clue to be honest. he has little coaching pedigree but he is very well respected in the game both here and across the pond.

Hes always seemed to sit naturally in the administrative roles.

I'd imagine him doing the role Rob Andrew has failed to do quite well.

6. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Wow, I bet that was expensive.

7. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Dec 15 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Played full-back or wing for London Irish, remember him scoring a great solo try against us at the Mem. Ran from 60 odd meters, chip over defense collected and skinned the fullback. I would say like Geordan Murphy in the style of play.

8. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

While I don't know much about his coaching pedigree, he is highly intelligent and easily the best TV analyst in Ireland or Britain (but that's not saying much).

Will follow this with interest, he definitely knows the game very well, hope he does well.

9. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 16 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    With the ulternative of Ian McGeechan, I'd imagine they saved a bit of money.

10. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 15 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh ........ he was definately a fullback but he was more of a Girvan Dempsey, though not as good under the high ball.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!