TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_49123852_tom_cheeseman_get226.jpg

Harlequins have completed the signing of centre Tom Cheeseman.

The former Wales Under-19 international arrives at Quins from Newport Dragons, where he was on loan from Bath.

The 24-year-old, who made 83 appearances in six seasons at The Rec, has been brought in to cover for the injured Ollie Smith.

"He has a huge amount of experience, which will be valuable as we push on to the end of the season," said Quins director of rugby Conor O'Shea.

"With every squad being so stretched at this point in the season, we are delighted to be able to add a player of Tom's calibre to the squad."

Cheeseman added: "I am thrilled to be joining Harlequins. They are an exciting, young and ambitious team who throw the ball round and play attractive rugby. This is not only exciting for the crowd but is also the kind of rugby that I like to play.

"I am especially looking forward to making my reunion with former Bath player and team-mate, Chris Brooker.

"After meeting [director of rugby] Conor O'Shea and [assistant coach] Mark Mapletoft to discuss the move to Quins, the decision was very easy and I am looking forward to working with them and the other coaches."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/harlequins/9408315.stm

Latest posts