• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Harlequins.png
Leinster.png

Harlequins v Leinster</div>

Well with the league now gone for Leinster this is the only trophy left to play for, despite the immovable object that more than likely awaits in the semi-final.

Quins have certainly shown some class form in recent weeks and Leinster will have to pull out one of their best performances under Cheika to get the job done.

Sexton's suspension doesn't help matters nor does CJ missing out but at least Fitzgerald is back which is something.

Should be a cracking game though with Quins taking it by a score.

Chances are these spoofers will have our number at scrum time and the match up at Scrum Half is almost laughable... They've home advantage and look dangerous out wide to boot.

Having said that, we've two little fat blokes in the centre who'll win it for us by running past their defenders at pace repeatedely... and we've Rocky...

Leinster by 5

The way we are playing at the moment I reckon we can take on anyone, especially at the stoop!
With Evans back, I reckon Quin's by 10 :)

Care and Evans going up against Dr Phil and Whitaker is what swings this match in Quins favour, especially if Contepomi brings his Munster form to the party.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daylightfire @ Apr 9 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The way we are playing at the moment I reckon we can take on anyone, especially at the stoop!
With Evans back, I reckon Quin's by 10 :)[/b]

I kinda agree. For Leinster to get anything from this everything has to click. Absolutely everything. The pack is more than good enough but the backs just havent functioned off any kind of phased possession. Weve been dangerous off turnovers all year, but that wont do it this weekend.

I believe Leinster have the capability to win but similar to teams like Glouster or the Ospreys they dont usually deliver. Maybe they will this weekend, maybe the Ospreys will turn over Munster. Its possible but not probable.

Harlequins to win by 8-10.

Incidently it was great to see them ignore the money and keep the game in the stoop

was also a pain in the arse but that's purely selfish reasons, good to see especially in the current climate.

Leinster side has been named for Sunday with both Fitzgerald and O'Driscoll returning as expected.

Leinster XV: 15: Rob Kearney, 14: Isa Nacewa, 13: Brian O'Driscoll, 12: Gordon D'Arcy, 11: Luke Fitzgerald, 10: Felipe Contepomi, 9: Chris Whitaker, 1: Cian Healy, 2: Bernard Jackman, 3: Stan Wright, 4: Leo Cullen (cpt), 5: Malcolm O'Kelly, 6: Rocky Elsom, 7: Shane Jennings, 8: Jamie Heaslip.

Replacements: 16: John Fogarty, 17: Ronan McCormack, 18: Trevor Hogan, 19: Sean O'Brien, 20: Simon Keogh, 21: Jonathan Sexton / Girvan Dempsey, 22: Shane Horgan.

That's a hell of a team if Contepomi can remember how to kick. Shame about Whitaker ruining any chance of a very scare back line and backrow causing much damage.

Any news on the Quinnies team?

This is Healy's chance to shine and I'm looking forward to his battle with Mike Ross and I wouldn't be surprised to seee them starting together in the Summer internationals and maybe Chuchill Cup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 9 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Incidently it was great to see them ignore the money and keep the game in the stoop[/b]
They more than made up for keeping the game in the Stoop by ramping up the price of tickets for the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Leinster XV: 15: Rob Kearney, 14: Isa Nacewa, 13: Brian O'Driscoll, 12: Gordon D'Arcy, 11: Luke Fitzgerald, 10: Felipe Contepomi, 9: Chris Whitaker, 1: Cian Healy, 2: Bernard Jackman, 3: Stan Wright, 4: Leo Cullen (cpt), 5: Malcolm O'Kelly, 6: Rocky Elsom, 7: Shane Jennings, 8: Jamie Heaslip.

Replacements: 16: John Fogarty, 17: Ronan McCormack, 18: Trevor Hogan, 19: Sean O'Brien, 20: Simon Keogh, 21: Jonathan Sexton / Girvan Dempsey, 22: Shane Horgan.[/b]
Bar CJ van der Linde, that's Leinster's strongest team with tremendous impact to come off the bench. I'm really looking forward to this now. It's be tight - too close to call.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 10 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is Healy's chance to shine and I'm looking forward to his battle with Mike Ross and I wouldn't be surprised to seee them starting together in the Summer internationals and maybe Chuchill Cup.[/b]
Perhaps this is my Leinster bias showing but i think Healy is the form 1 in Irish rugby at the moment. Marcus Horan has really upped his game over the last couple of months but Healy has been even better. Perhaps Healy, Horan, Court and Wilkinson are spurring each other on in the battle for the Irish loosehead shirt.

On their Premiership form, demolishion jobs of Sale, Wuss and Bath, 'Quins should have no problem against Leinster. Especially with home advantage.

Think it'll be close though. 'Quins by 5 - 7.

Can see this being a great game. I like Leinsters style of play and I wish them luck. They're going to need it to get over that away factor!

When I see the lineups that every team puts out in the quarter final stage of the HC, it riminds me why it's the greatest club competition on earth. That Leinster team is impressive, with a phenomenal backline (bar Whitaker and possibly Nacewa). Up front, CJ will be a big loss and could be Leinsters downfall. Another great game in prospect here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Apr 10 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When I see the lineups that every team puts out in the quarter final stage of the HC, it riminds me why it's the greatest club competition on earth. That Leinster team is impressive, with a phenomenal backline (bar Whitaker and possibly Nacewa). Up front, CJ will be a big loss and could be Leinsters downfall. Another great game in prospect here.[/b]
Quite right, it is an awesome competition and how did we manage without it all those years ago. I remember sitting at home watching the first final between Toulouse and Cardiff and how it has grown since those days. Its gaining some history and has to be unrivalled as a cup comp.

Quins Team -

15. Brown, 14. Strettle, 13. Tiesi, 12. Turner-Hall, 11. Monye; 10. Evans, 9. Care; 1. Jones, 2. Botha, 3. Ross, 4. Percival, 5. Robson, 6. Robshaw, 7. Skinner (capt), 8. Easter.

Replacements -

16. Fuga, 17. Lambert, 18. Evans, 19. Guest, 20. Gomarsall, 21. Malone, 22. Williams.

Would love to see quins take this one, but it's going to be a close call either way

How is Brown rated? I'ne never paid him much attention, what kinda player is he?

right then onto this one, hopes are very low for me, can't see us getting the win, our recent form in England has been dreadful.

Latest posts