Harlequins v Northampton

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Harlequins.png
Northampton.png

Harlequins v Northampton (Sat)
</div>

England wing David Strettle returns for Quins after almost four months out with a foot injury, replacing Ugo Monye, who is on international duty with England.

Danny Care and Nick Easter are also on England duty and are replaced by Andy Gomarsall and Tom Guest respectively.

Northampton are without Scotland prop Euan Murray, who has a rib injury, suffered against Toulon last weekend.

Barry Stewart deputises, while Saints are also without England elite squad members Ben Foden and Dylan Hartley.

Harlequins: Mike Brown; Tom Williams, De Wet Barry, Jordan Turner-Hall, David Strettle; Nick Evans, Andy Gomarsall; Ceri Jones, Gary Botha, Mike Ross, Ollie Kohn, George Robson, Chris Robshaw, Will Skinner (captain), Tom Guest.

Replacements: Aston Croall, Mark Lambert, Jim Evans, Neil McMillan, Jnr Polu, Chris Malone, Seb Stegmann.

Northampton: Bruce Reihana (captain); Paul Diggin, Jon Clarke, James Downey, Sean Lamont; Stephen Myler, Lee Dickson; Soane Tonga'uiha, Paul Shields, Barry Stewart, Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe, Juandre Kruger, Mark Easter, Scott Gray, Mark Hopley.

Replacements: Brett Sharman, Tom Smith, Courtney Lawes, Neil Best, Alan Dickens, Barry Everitt, Chris Mayor.

From - BBC Sport

Well another week and another loss for Saints.

I think next season Mallinder will just unveil a single, billboard sized objective for his squad to achieve next season: JUST WIN A BLOODY AWAY GAME!

:D
Damn straight. They'll achieve **** all if they don't win their away matches. The talent is there, as the Gardens seem to be impregnable; no reason why they can't transfer that form to away games...

Went to this match. Right waste of time and money, we were simply awful and it was feckin freezing. We missed Hartley, Foden and Murray, while some of our usual good performers had off days. Definately need to invest in the squad for next season though, we need more strength in depth if we are really going to compete for anything.

I also made the journey into the capital, although in retrospect i shouldn't have bothered. It is very bizarre how the exact same players can be outstanding on their own pitch but awful away from home.

Still, the Guinness Red was nice.

Latest posts