B

Bullitt

<div align=\'center\'>
Harlequins.png
Vs
Saracens.png

Twickenham Stoop, Saturday 19th September 2009
</div>

Been to both Quins games so far and they did could have won both imo. Should grab a home win against Saracens and looking forward to being at the Stoop on saturday.

Harlequins V Saracens, Saturday 19th September. Kick off 3pm
1 CERI JONES
2 GARY BOTHA
3 MARK LAMBERT
4 LEWIS STEVENSON
5 JIM EVANS
6 CHRIS ROBSHAW
7 WILL SKINNER (CAPT)
8 NICK EASTER
9 STEVE SO’OIALO
10 NICK EVANS
11 GEORGE LOWE
12 JORDAN TURNER - HALL
13 TOSH MASSON
14 DAVID STRETTLE
15 UGO MONYE

16 ASTON CROALL
17 TANI FUGA
18 JOHN ANDRESS
19 TOM GUEST
20 NEIL McMILLAN
21 GARETH WILLIAMS
22 RORY CLEGG
23 JOSH DRAUNINIU

Right Said Fredicens

15 Alex Goode
14 Noah Cato
13 Kameli Ratuvou
12 Brad Barritt
11 Chris Wyles
10 Derick Hougaard
9 Neil de Kock
1 Rhys Gill
2 Schalk Brits
3 Carlos Nieto
4 Steve Borthwick ©
5 Tom Ryder
6 Michael Owen
7 Andy Saull
8 Ernst Joubert

16 Fabio Ongaro
17 Tom Mercey
18 Richard Skuse
19 Hugh Vyvyan
20 Justin Melck
21 Justin Marshall
22 Glen Jackson
23 Richard Haughton

Poor match, a lot of kicking. Great DG from Hougaard from just inside quins half (probably 52 metres or so). Quins tight five not competitive enough - looks like they're gonna have problems there this year. Monye/Strettle/Lowe were excellent once again.

Harlequins (6) 9
Pens: Evans 3

Saracens (6) 22
Tries: Ratuvou
Cons: Hougaard
Pens: Hougaard 3
Drop-goals: Hougaard 2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 19 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Poor match, a lot of kicking. Great DG from Hougaard from just inside quins half (probably 52 metres or so). Quins tight five not competitive enough - looks like they're gonna have problems there this year. Monye/Strettle/Lowe were excellent once again.

Harlequins (6) 9

Saracens (6) 22
Drop-goals: Hougaard 2[/b]

Is Ugo been groomed as #15 for long-term or just covering injuries. Is Strettle not a more recognized 15 although i know Ugo has made great start there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 19 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harlequins (6) 9

Saracens (6) 22

Is Ugo been groomed as #15 for long-term or just covering injuries. Is Strettle not a more recognized 15 although i know Ugo has made great start there
[/b][/quote]

Mike Brown is their usual 15 (and a very good one at that) but he's injured for the first couple of months i think. Monye should replace Lowe at 11. Strettle is playing absolutely superbly, if he stays injury free should reclaim the England no. 14 shirt and Cueto's jersey at some point this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 19 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harlequins (6) 9

Saracens (6) 22

[/b][/quote]

Mike Brown is their usual 15 (and a very good one at that) but he's injured for the first couple of months i think. Monye should replace Lowe at 11. England also have injury concerns over Quins players Jordan Turner-Hall, who required a shoulder X-ray, and David Strettle, who has another foot problem.

England play their first autumn Test against Australia on 7 November, with matches against Argentina and New Zealand to follow on consecutive Saturdays.

Saracens director of rugby Brendan Venter admitted the loss of Borthwick would be a major blow for both club and country given his impressive start to the season.

If you talk about a disciplined, honest, hard-working individual then Steve Borthwick fits that bill 100%

Brendan Venter

"Steve is a little bit of a worry for us," Venter said. "He will have a scan and we will see how his rib is. He is just so courageous. He hurt his rib but he stayed on the field for which I am massively thankful.

"It would be a blow (if it turns out to be a broken rib) but we will deal with that if it comes. It is very hard for a coach to set a standard and a culture if you don't have a captain like that."

Borthwick, 29, has been the England captain since the 2008 Six Nations, retaining the job in manager Martin Johnson's first season in charge.

"If you talk about a disciplined, honest, hard-working individual then Steve Borthwick fits that bill 100%," added Venter. "I have been very blessed to have a captain like that.

"In our first two games this season Steve had the most contributions and the second most contributions. We measure everything - tackles, ball carries, his rucking, his defensive play - and he is right at the top of our team."

England are already without injured centre Riki Flutey and full-back Delon Armitage for the autumn Tests.

Turner-Hall is one of the candidates to replace Flutey at inside centre.[/b][/quote]

Oh ********.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 19 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 19 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harlequins (6) 9

Saracens (6) 22

[/b][/quote]

Mike Brown is their usual 15 (and a very good one at that) but he's injured for the first couple of months i think. Monye should replace Lowe at 11. England also have injury concerns over Quins players Jordan Turner-Hall, who required a shoulder X-ray, and David Strettle, who has another foot problem.

England play their first autumn Test against Australia on 7 November, with matches against Argentina and New Zealand to follow on consecutive Saturdays.

Saracens director of rugby Brendan Venter admitted the loss of Borthwick would be a major blow for both club and country given his impressive start to the season.

If you talk about a disciplined, honest, hard-working individual then Steve Borthwick fits that bill 100%

Brendan Venter

"Steve is a little bit of a worry for us," Venter said. "He will have a scan and we will see how his rib is. He is just so courageous. He hurt his rib but he stayed on the field for which I am massively thankful.

"It would be a blow (if it turns out to be a broken rib) but we will deal with that if it comes. It is very hard for a coach to set a standard and a culture if you don't have a captain like that."

Borthwick, 29, has been the England captain since the 2008 Six Nations, retaining the job in manager Martin Johnson's first season in charge.

"If you talk about a disciplined, honest, hard-working individual then Steve Borthwick fits that bill 100%," added Venter. "I have been very blessed to have a captain like that.

"In our first two games this season Steve had the most contributions and the second most contributions. We measure everything - tackles, ball carries, his rucking, his defensive play - and he is right at the top of our team."

England are already without injured centre Riki Flutey and full-back Delon Armitage for the autumn Tests.

Turner-Hall is one of the candidates to replace Flutey at inside centre.[/b][/quote]

Oh ********.
[/b][/quote]

Damn injuries but good to see Quins back on track after bloodgate scandal but will be interesting to see how ye go as season goes along but Turner-Hall will be a big loss if injury serious

1. Great result for Sarries, I was at the same fixture last year where we weren't really outclassed so much as out-consistented, so it shows something that we've come up with a convincing away win, even if it says more about Quins than us. Confidence will be very high atm, which I don't think we've had in the Premiership for a long time.

2. On the injury side, it's f***ing irritating. Flutey and Armitage's performances were the highlights of last season for England and they're both out. Turner-Hall and Strettle to me have a quality that could translate well to international level, which makes injuries a big irritation. People talking about Barritt at 12 for England are joking, if everyone is injured then Hipkiss and Tait will have to get the nod in the centres.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 20 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Apart from being hyped up and 1 run in 1 game, what has Tait ever actually done?[/b]

Well he did manage a passble impersanation of Henson's man-bag one time.

Tait's problem is he never gets a run of games in 1 position as he's in and out at times and versatile so moved around frequently.

But he very much hit-and-miss as is Toby Flood so must be something with Newcastle academy B) (with exception of Johnny of course)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 20 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wilkinson isn't 'hit & miss', he's "Hit + 6 months off"![/b]

That what i saying when Johnny plays he seems to always give a good account but Toby and Tait are nowhere near the potential they were hyped up to be.

Also why do England seem to struggle to produce a fly-half like there alot of oversea or welsh/scottish/irish fly-halves in Premiership

It's not that we can't produce them, it's the selectors ignore them for club nepotism - Hense the utter ******** of Ciprianis "greatness" despite never accomplishing anything internationally except making an acceptable performance against a shite Irish XV. When you consider the talents who either haven't been given little or any chance such as Myler, <strike>Geraty</strike> <strike>Gereghety</strike> Geraghty & Jackson.

Then there's the likes of Flood and Hodgson - both capable of equalling any 10 in the world on their day - who've been played enough times but suffered because of week ass backlines not up to the job.

Then there's the final nail in the coffin - The continual selection of Harry Ellis or (until recently at least) Shaun Perry, neither of whom are remotely capable of supplying decent ball to whoever is at 10. It's enough to make anyone realise just how good, and important, Matt Dawson was. And at the end of the day, a 10 is only as good as the ball he's provided.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 20 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's not that we can't produce them, it's the selectors ignore them for club nepotism - Hense the utter ******** of Ciprianis "greatness" despite never accomplishing anything internationally except making an acceptable performance against a shite Irish XV. When you consider the talents who either haven't been given little or any chance such as Myler, <strike>Geraty</strike> <strike>Gereghety</strike> Geraghty & Jackson.

Then there's the likes of Flood and Hodgson - both capable of equalling any 10 in the world on their day - who've been played enough times but suffered because of week ass backlines not up to the job.

Then there's the final nail in the coffin - The continual selection of Harry Ellis or (until recently at least) Shaun Perry, neither of whom are remotely capable of supplying decent ball to whoever is at 10. It's enough to make anyone realise just how good, and important, Matt Dawson was. And at the end of the day, a 10 is only as good as the ball he's provided.[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry. Are you mad?

Latest posts