• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harris offers Henson league stage

B

Bullitt

_46442749_henson_huw.jpg

The orange spikey haircut in the relm of orange mullets

New Wales rugby league coach Iestyn Harris says he would offer Gavin Henson a stage on which to resurrect his rugby career - if he became available.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8275077.stm

------------------------------------------------------------

In a world of oversized egos, sideways rugby and bottled suntan, Gavin Henson would certainly fit in on the rugby league circuit. However are we seeing a return of the RLs buying all the union players as per the 1990s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 25 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In a world of oversized egos and bottled suntan, Gavin Henson would certainly fit in on the rugby league circuit. However, would his style of play suit and are we seeing a return of the RLs buying all the union players as per the 1990s.[/b]

You rock. :D

Henson's game might fit RL, but we will have to attest to that first hand. His... particular way of conducting his own career will surely suit though. Blimey, he might want to give football a try!

Besides, playing league will save him thousands of pounds in hair gel.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him make the move just for the endless publicity that would come with the move.

If we can just forget the tan, ego etc for a second and look at his rugby playing abilty. I think Gav would be a sucess in league and if he makes the move good luck to him.

The guy needs to get his head together. If League affords him that opportunity, good luck to him. Signing him could be a masterstroke for the Celtic Crusaders and Welsh RL in terms of the media attention it could attract.

Didn't Henson once say he'd 'Rather be a Footballer', but wasn't good enough?

Iestyn Harris can f**k off :angry:
If he moves to League then Wales will lose one of their most talented centres, and I will be peed off.
I love how people say he should switch to football and all :rolleyes: He's hardly a wimp y'know, he doesn't dive either. Though I have seen some rugby players diving *cough* AZAM *cough*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 26 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The guy needs to get his head together. If League affords him that opportunity, good luck to him. Signing him could be a masterstroke for the Celtic Crusaders and Welsh RL in terms of the media attention it could attract.[/b]

He'd never go to Celctic Crusaders.
He'd aim for Australia, get turned down and hope for an english club...probably end up with castleford or someone.

Wonderful, another thread about the world's most overrated rugby player. Is this guy ever actually going to do ANYTHING? Gad he is like a one man soap-opera. Wonderful if he will consider it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 12 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wonderful, another thread about the world's most overrated rugby player. Is this guy ever actually going to do ANYTHING? Gad he is like a one man soap-opera. Wonderful if he will consider it...[/b]
S4C's listening. It's not like they've got anything else to show...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 12 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 12 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonderful, another thread about the world's most overrated rugby player. Is this guy ever actually going to do ANYTHING? Gad he is like a one man soap-opera. Wonderful if he will consider it...[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Con passionate!
A soap, which at various points turns into a musical, all in welsh. Ticks all the right boxes :p

.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 12 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 12 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 12 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Con passionate!
A soap, which at various points turns into a musical, all in welsh. Ticks all the right boxes :p
[/b][/quote]

I'll have you know it had a very interesting program on teh Berlin Wall recently...

yeahh my teacher made me watch it...

and Olyy :p you are a legend

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Sep 26 2009, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we can just forget the tan, ego etc for a second and look at his rugby playing abilty. I think Gav would be a sucess in league and if he makes the move good luck to him.[/b]
Bristol-iain wins the overall best statement in this thread award according to the 2009 O'Rothlain thread calibration test.

When it comes down to actual game play he has been good. Whatever has stopped him from producing as much as people anticipated is probably indeed himself, but if someone has pockets deep enough to lure the Gav out of his cave, then snatch him up and switch the code. He'd suit RL, and always draws an audience. Let it be.

He'd suit league...for the four minutes he'd play until he gets injured by being shoulder-charged by some 19stone prop :p

Latest posts