• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Has Britain fallen out of love with lager?

In a pub: the local draught ale please.

In a 'modern' pub/ bar: ale on tap (up here that'll be Belhaven Best) or a nice(r) lager - never Fosters or Carling or Carlsberg - Becks, Heineken, Grolsch, 1664, Stella, Peroni are nice.

At home: Crate of Tenants/ Strongbow/ 2L of Lidl dry Cider (£1.95, 5.8%) for a predrink before a night out. Or the 3L cider from Tesco leaves a little bit to drink when you get home and costs about £2.50.

Hopefully people will start drinking proper beer in pubs and pay proper prices, and when they want to get drunk get the cheap **** from the supermarket. I can't afford to get drunk in a pub so I'm happy to have one or two pints of nice stuff.

I love me some Cobra or Tiger at the moment. I'd love me a smooth delicious Cobra at the moment. Think i'll get some chips and a pint and watch some fo the Munster match before I go back to study.

I love me some Cobra or Tiger at the moment. I'd love me a smooth delicious Cobra at the moment. Think i'll get some chips and a pint and watch some fo the Munster match before I go back to study.

Nerd.

Desperadoes ...yes yes a million times yes kangaroo court this evening was had , I want to go to bed but I fear vomiting would be near my stomach is on ribbons

In the summer-Cider or pale ale (harvest pale or Sundance)
In the winter-Any good beer.
I do drink lager if its a day out/stag do/big drink and I do sometimes have it if I am not sure if the proper stuff is any good (weatherspoons)

Desperadoes ...yes yes a million times yes kangaroo court this evening was had , I want to go to bed but I fear vomiting would be near my stomach is on ribbons

Can someone ban me from posting after 3 o clock in the morning please...As usually I am an incoherent mess If I post at this time.

I know how to troll everyone on this thread.

What is the difference between lager and cider?

every ******** with a shitty moustache, skin tight jeans and a fixed wheel bike drinks cider, sangria or pimms over here. i'm not sure what is wrong with society these days

I know how to troll everyone on this thread.

What is the difference between lager and cider?

Cider is a alcoholic beverage which has apple in its contents... whereas beer uses hops...

Biggest difference between the 2 though is Cider is a pussy drink which gives people heartburn and Beer is Awesome...

this thread has got me thinking as to what everyone is drinking when they're watching rugby, or any sport for that matter... sounds like most guys are beer drinkers here... but in South Africa I know beer is closely followed by Brandy & Coke as a favourite drink while watching the game...

The drop in larger sales might simply be due to a wider range of available drinks. As long as it stays good value I'm sure "younger" people will continue to drink it.

When I go out I start with larger/ale and eventually move onto "spirit" drinks or shots. Then finish off with carona's and a kebab :D

Cheers...Because anytime I come home from a night out I always end up posting tripe on TRF and Facebook...

I think the majority of people old enough to get drunk and some of those who dont post tripe on Facebook its like an official site for it :lol:

Latest posts