Votes: 99 41.8%
  • I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 but now will

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • I was planning on buying RWC 2011 and still will

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 and still wont

Votes: 40 16.9%

• Total voters
Did any of guys that played the actual game commented on the demo? Basically I want to kow how the demo compares to the actual game?

Some comments;

Its just the demo version - although by now the dev team and publisher are probably well finished mastering the final version.
We're all expecting the full range of options to set-up as we'd expect in the full version. We can bash the product when we see the final version - rate it when you see the finished product after you've been able to set-up for your preferences.

This will be (I hope!) the 1st time we can play rugby online - this is a major milestone for rugby gaming. We're all used to working out our own set-ups and tactics - now we see how good they are against others. As an England supporter - I can't wait to take on some Blacks and Bokke fans. And if we have headset and chat support - OMG

We've all seen some bugs, I had a dropped ball by the CPU during the try sequence awarded as a try - but IT CAN BE PATCHED BY ONLINE UPDATES - something we've never had before.

The biggest problem I have is - we're now dependant on HB Studios/EA/MS for our updates - on the PC we had woosaah‎ and others that made the game great and updated. Now we don't have that option any more.

I hope for they are committed for the long term - we need Rugby to be a franchise with yearly updates and improvements like FIFA or Madden.

TBH, you want the game to improve - buy the game and get others to. This generates the sales for EA and justifies the future investment.

what about the the sick replays though guys!.... lol.They have taken 08 and made the drop goals easier and put it back on the market using the world cup to sell it.they could of least put the 6 nations/tri nations and the world league tornament on there like 08 and i would have bought it

TBH, you want the game to improve - buy the game and get others to. This generates the sales for EA and justifies the future investment.

But what if the next incarnation is just as disappointing? Hand over the cash again with crossed fingers that the next one will be something worthwhile? Would an alternative be to not accept this regurgitated crap and hope that from poor sales they would either get their act together or leave the arena with the possibility another developer may take up the mantle?

But what if the next incarnation is just as disappointing? Hand over the cash again with crossed fingers that the next one will be something worthwhile? Would an alternative be to not accept this regurgitated crap and hope that from poor sales they would either get their act together or leave the arena with the possibility another developer may take up the mantle?

OK, but the big studios that work for EA on sports games (Tiburon/EA-LA) are just not going to pick up the rugby franchise without a proven return, Sidhe may be able to take the spoils if RWC is any good but I doubt it.

OK, but the big studios that work for EA on sports games (Tiburon/EA-LA) are just not going to pick up the rugby franchise without a proven return, Sidhe may be able to take the spoils if RWC is any good but I doubt it.

This ***le has nothing to do with EA at all, they are not involved. I actually see rugby gaming as a real opportunity as there is still massive ground to be made in giving the rugby gaming public the game they want. I am hoping SIDHE has taken a stride towards this with RC, but certainly if any other developer feels they could improve on what has been produced so far then its there for the taking as far as I can see.

I did this thru the EA ***les. And I'm serious when I say that those games taught me a valuable lesson about not getting my hopes too high, and not just about rugby games (which we all feel passionate for) which is hard not to do. I reached the 'enough is enough' point after R06.
And in saying that, I was still surprised at what HB have produced, and not in a good way.

This ***le has nothing to do with EA at all, they are not involved. I actually see rugby gaming as a real opportunity as there is still massive ground to be made in giving the rugby gaming public the game they want. I am hoping SIDHE has taken a stride towards this with RC, but certainly if any other developer feels they could improve on what has been produced so far then its there for the taking as far as I can see.

I'm sure you play many other sports games on your XBOX or PS - and you know EA makes the best (e.g. has biggest budgets, etc.) You won't get EA-size publisher funding if you can't show the returns on the investment.

We ALL see rugby as a massive gaming opportunity - the demographic that follows (and therefore games) rugby is an untapped market - but it's a unit sales issue. We don't generate the sales - we won't get the big publishers funding the development.

I really like all the Sidhe games - inc. their AFL and RL games - but they have the same problem - budgets are defined by projected & actual sales.

If nobody buys these games (from either Studio) - we won't have a RWC 2015

You can keep hoping for a new developer to take a punt (excuse the pun) on a rugby game but it's not going to happen - too much financial risk

You can keep hoping for a new developer to take a punt (excuse the pun) on a rugby game but it's not going to happen - too much financial risk

Not really a financial risk if as your suggesting we should buy any old crap just to keep our hopes alive. I would say that would be a very good deal for any publisher. No matter what product they put out there, people buy it anyway. I think the term is " cha-ching" ?

I'm sure you play many other sports games on your XBOX or PS - and you know EA makes the best (e.g. has biggest budgets, etc.) You won't get EA-size publisher funding if you can't show the returns on the investment.

We ALL see rugby as a massive gaming opportunity - the demographic that follows (and therefore games) rugby is an untapped market - but it's a unit sales issue. We don't generate the sales - we won't get the big publishers funding the development.

I really like all the Sidhe games - inc. their AFL and RL games - but they have the same problem - budgets are defined by projected & actual sales.

If nobody buys these games (from either Studio) - we won't have a RWC 2015

Yes, I definitely agree that EA have the largest budgets, but they most definitely do not make the best sports games.
Nba2k11 - which made EA kack in their pants
Get urself a roster patch and ESPN NFL 2k5 still bests Madden11 in gameplay
PES for simulation footy - Fifa for arcade at best, hold that pressure button and sprint for 90mins. (Plus PES' masterleague-the best thing ever created for a sports ***le)
But EA do have the current NHL games.
This is a whole different discussion tho, but what I'm saying is that HB have an EA business mentality - a few tweaks+updated rosters = full priced game.

Not really a financial risk if as your suggesting we should buy any old crap just to keep our hopes alive. I would say that would be a very good deal for any publisher. No matter what product they put out there, people buy it anyway. I think the term is " cha-ching" ?

Nice thing about a free market - you don't like the product, don't buy it.

If you don't like what's available in the market - do it yourself.

I look forward to Pickle Rugby WC 2015

A somewhat turn around from your earlier suggestion of not only us buying it, but tell everyone else to buy it too.

Those who agree with you, probably won't buy it.

Those that agree with me probably will.

Suspect when the RWC kicks off - you'll still want to play it and it will end up in your collection.

Let me know where you are after 9/9

Those who agree with you, probably won't buy it.Those that agree with me probably will.Suspect when the RWC kicks off - you'll still want to play it and it will end up in your collection.Let me know where you are after 9/9
Can let you know right now, unless RC appears before then and is fun to play, I will be playing RL3.

I wouldn't say changed,it rather reiterated how I thought the game would turn out

People complaining about it being similar to rugby08 look as stupid as people who say "omg FIFA11 looks similar to FIFA 10". I honestly don't know what anyone else would expect from the game. It is a massive jump in one generation of the game and it plays totally differently.
You are the biggest idiot EVER to join this forum......... U just pipped me at the post

We get it, you don't like the game, you're not going to buy the game
Why continue to post on the threads about this? You're not going to convince other people not to buy it, you're not going to get HB to change the game, what exactly are you hoping to achieve?
I'm not saying you aren't free to criticise the game, everyone has their opinion, but you have 34 posts, I'd wager that the majority (if not all) are roughly the same thing: "This game looks ****" - so why not leave it at one or two posts, in the relevant places, expressing your displeasure at the game, rather than constantly trying to derail all threads with it? I noticed you posted in the Argentina license thread - why?

We get it, you don't like the game, you're not going to buy the gameWhy continue to post on the threads about this? You're not going to convince other people not to buy it, you're not going to get HB to change the game, what exactly are you hoping to achieve?I'm not saying you aren't free to criticise the game, everyone has their opinion, but you have 34 posts, I'd wager that the majority (if not all) are roughly the same thing: "This game looks ****" - so why not leave it at one or two posts, in the relevant places, expressing your displeasure at the game, rather than constantly trying to derail all threads with it? I noticed you posted in the Argentina license thread - why?
I am ****** off basically. Ur completely right I may have gone too far over the edge. I'm not trying to convince people not to buy the game, I'm buying it myself, I'm just severely annoyed that it is useless. I left a post on the argentina thread cus i thought it was the biggest waste of time to put those pics up which show off the cool graphics of the game which hb are trying to do to make people think the game is going to be worthwhile. U actually seem like the only sound mod on this forum since all the other guys r just pricks. Cheers

Latest posts