• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hat's off to the fantastic French

R

RoyalBlueStuey

The best side lost tonight, make no mistake about it. They must have been gutted but they still played Wonderwall etc etc for the English fans. Proper, PROPER class.

Vive la France!

We stole it from you so we'll try and do you proud next week....

...now as I was saying : WORLD CUP FINAL, WORLD CUP FINAL, WORLD CUP FINAL

Undoubtedly up there with the Aussies as top tournament hosts. Have carried off the game's greatest spectacle with aplomb.

Undoubtedly up there with the Aussies as top tournament hosts. Have carried off the game's greatest spectacle with aplomb. [/b]

I reallt do think this world cup has been the best ever...the support the French fans gave the minor nations has been awesome.

IRB take note.

<div class='quotemain'> Undoubtedly up there with the Aussies as top tournament hosts. Have carried off the game's greatest spectacle with aplomb. [/b]

I reallt do think this world cup has been the best ever...the support the French fans gave the minor nations has been awesome.

IRB take note.
[/b][/quote]

NZL 2011 take note. I think the difference has been all the close and unpredictable games which has made it so enthralling, kind of like watching a Football World Cup. You have no idea who will win it.

well done france for going one step further than the all blacks. they have been fairly good hosts and you can defintely tell there is a rugby world cup on in france.

Thanks all for your congrats, at least won't we have missed something.

Beyond a very bad cover from TV, this RWC is a real revelant of what people wait from this sport and his values.
It has definitely left the south west of our country to widespread the whole nation. All matches even in cities as Lens (wich is pure football oriented) had been fulled of more than 90% of their capacities, that has certainly helped the "growing rugby nation" in showing what they did.

Hope this will definitely IRB to maintain a 20 nation WRC and make them forget the reduction project to 16.
For New Zealand, here is your first new challenge: make this possible in showing that you're able to accomodate 20 nations teams and supporters.

For me, I already have a local invitation !!

This has been a superb tournament. The idea of having local brass bands in the crowd was sheer genius. The lone trumpeteer playing a Spanish chord followed by "OLE!" was fantastic.

Everything about this tournament has been fantastic, packed crowds, lots of good rugby and everyone giving their last 10% for glory.

As a kiwi it is sad to say, but Europe is the best place for the tournament, as it so easy for so many different fans to access, and at short notice.

I think NZ will be great hosts, warm and friendly (if a bit one-eyed), but will miss the colour of so many DIFFERENT types and nationalities.

I hope there will be a lot of travelling fans (no Aussies of course :p ), and the locals support all the matches too.

I guess they'll all be played at night too...

I think too that this world cup was one of the greatest ever, it really was a great event here, thanks to all 20 nations !

Latest posts