• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Have people who have played the game "MULTI" player enjoyed the game?"

Have people who have played the demo "MULTI" player enjoyed the game?

• Total voters

lionmaull

Academy Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Sharks
This poll is only for players who have played multi player.
Have people who have played the game "MULTI" player enjoyed the game? One thing I found consistent on these forums and of these forums is almost every one who has played the multi player game has really enjoyed the game and had some really close contests. I honestly think HB shot themselves in the foot some, by not including atleast a med difficulty in the demo and different camera angle. I think they would of reduced atleast 50% of the negative feedback. Some people just don't have the vision as to how much a game can change with a more challenging opponent, people who can play multi player can atleast experience some increase in difficulty, but remember that even on multi player the players the AI controls are still on easy put the added user control increases the difficulty some, so imagine how much more fun it would be to play against another person and at least med difficulty, would change the way you play the game completely, forcing you to kick and use your forwards, and tactics, and who knows maybe even set plays:). Changes the game dramatically!!!!
If you would like to add some good multi player stories, go ahead:)
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
One thing i must add is Set plays against 16 year old brothers do not work. He takes a few steps behind offside line and sprints towards my 10 (result is a ruck :p). Set plays could be a little faster, especially to be playing against another person. But the game is hugely fun against friends, played a few friends now and all feedback has been positive. As i've said in another thread, we've all thought that being similar/"copy" to 08 is a good thing; it was a fun fun fun game! Wouldn't be any point playing a game if it wasn't fun. And playing real people means you have to be more "authentic" to real rugby; especially if they know how to play the game (and the sport itself).

Can't wait to get my RWC 11 Drinking game on in Uni (I do not endorse underage drinking, so only play if your 18 or over ;) ;) )

Fun, yes, except when one player seems to have a better stranglehold on the breakdown than the other and gets all the ball. It's also considerably harder to work chips, grubbers, dummies, etc as on the whole I get smashed regardless of what I do, unless I can get around them, resulting in a lot of what I call Gordon D'Arcy-ing, just runing sideways with one player until I find an opening.

Really enjoyed them my favourite match beating my friend 8-7 with a last minute penalty from the half-way line that bounced off the post.

Funny and interesting how some people that voted no, up to now, never mention anything in there posts about playing two players . Just that they played it on easy. ?????<_< I started the thread and I have not voted, because I have not played multi player. This poll is for people that have played multi player. Thats why I added being able to see who voted.
Cheers and Salud

yeh i also agree the game is far more enjoyable with multiplayer, which in turn means better experience on harder difficulties :D

Yupp, and I loved it. Me and my mates were doing it so we'd play 2 halves and just add the scored together, my best win was something like 56 - 12 and worst loss was 54 - 10 with loads of different scores inbetween those. Lots of very tight matches that could've gone either way too. My favourite match had to be one where I went 21 - 0 down as SA against my 2 mates, but scored a nice try with JdV just before half time. Came back in the 2nd half with a penalty and 3 converted tries and their last min try was in vain as it finished 31- 26 :D

Last edited:
Not really actually, I found that whoever played as SA won all of the ball and ended up winning the game. I think that the better rapid button mashers will always have the edge with equally matched forwards, and that annoys the heck out of me. I don't have any suggestions on how to make the breakdown better, but I think they still have it wrong.

Personally, I the most fun I've ever had in multiplayer with R08 is playing co-op and trying to win the world cup on elite level.

Not really actually, I found that whoever played as SA won all of the ball and ended up winning the game. I think that the better rapid button mashers will always have the edge with equally matched forwards, and that annoys the heck out of me. I don't have any suggestions on how to make the breakdown better, but I think they still have it wrong.Personally, I the most fun I've ever had in multiplayer with R08 is playing co-op and trying to win the world cup on elite level.
I actually find multiplayer very fun despite a lot of things that needed addressing for RWC2011!

really really fun on multiplayer, sad its only 1 half lol.. we finally got an updated rugby game...sick nd tired of playing rugby league live on the 360..ill be rippin into this until rugby challenge comes out

It's fun playing most games Multiplayer... Mainly because we all give each other lots of stick! Although i enjoyed it Multiplayer i was still frustrated by the poor quality game. We have more fun playing Fifa multiplayer!!!

Latest posts