• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB has let TRF down

Rothrich

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
So here we are, almost 12 months after the game was first announced, and we're still none the wiser as to what we can expect (although to be fair, we know what we CAN'T expect). Whatever assurances HB made in terms of it's partnership with TRF clearly fell by the wayside a long time ago. It's as though HB won't post on here without some big fanfare first. HB Glen has made 6 posts in 10 months! Compare that to Mario over at the Side forum (and it's a fair comparison to make) - well, there is no comparison. Mario is an active member of the forum - why can't HB do the same? It's a slap in the face to TRF and it's members.

Lets hope it's a good sign that we aren't hearing anything because HB are working so hard on the game! Yes, it would be nice to have regular updates like on Rugby Challenge but I'm sure our comments are read and considered by HB.

Why are there so many threads set up to complain about hb the game isn't coming out for 8 months. Look up fifa 12 there is less info on that althogh we know what to expect from fifa give hb 5 or 6 months if there is still no information then complain just be patient knowing what's going to be on the game isn't going to make it better

Will all these haters and QQers please just shut up. We are no where near the release of the game yet so I wouldn't be expecting much. You should be very very thankful that HB are posting anything, most company's don't post on forums and don't take into account what the public want they just do what they think is best and hope it works out. Be thankful that HB are posting and stop complaining when we are not near release.

where is the admins to come along and try and reasure us ? eg. hb are doing all they can to get us informed on new details be patient etc.

IM STILL GOING TO BUY THE GAME BUT A LITTLE INFO WOULD BE NICE

Over the top that Rich.

HB will be the first to admit that information hasn't come out as quickly as they'd like it to. However, there will be a good reason for such information being suppressed. It could be down to a publisher wanting to keep a tight lid on things, it could be down to tying up loose ends with licensing, it could be down to ongoing legal issues... I don't know myself. I have 100% faith in HB Studios to come up with the goods. I want to hear the news as much as you, all I know is that you should be able to remember back to the Swordfish days of this forum. It took them an eternity to come up with some information about the game.

The video game industry is a funny thing - who's to say this cloaking is down to HB? With licenses likely being discussed, the publisher (whoever that may be) might have locked HB down. I know that HES did that with SIDHE over the Rugby League ***les. It might not be in their hands. It's certainly not in ours.

You know me, I've been around long enough to know the score. I have every faith in HB. The delay is frustrating, I agree, but I would also suggest that it's frustrating for HB as well. I can't say anything for certain, this is all guess work. But if a publisher has put a lockdown on information, what can HB do about it?

I urge you all to be patient a little while longer.

Over the top that Rich.

HB will be the first to admit that information hasn't come out as quickly as they'd like it to. However, there will be a good reason for such information being suppressed. It could be down to a publisher wanting to keep a tight lid on things, it could be down to tying up loose ends with licensing, it could be down to ongoing legal issues... I don't know myself. I have 100% faith in HB Studios to come up with the goods. I want to hear the news as much as you, all I know is that you should be able to remember back to the Swordfish days of this forum. It took them an eternity to come up with some information about the game.

The video game industry is a funny thing - who's to say this cloaking is down to HB? With licenses likely being discussed, the publisher (whoever that may be) might have locked HB down. I know that HES did that with SIDHE over the Rugby League ***les. It might not be in their hands. It's certainly not in ours.

You know me, I've been around long enough to know the score. I have every faith in HB. The delay is frustrating, I agree, but I would also suggest that it's frustrating for HB as well. I can't say anything for certain, this is all guess work. But if a publisher has put a lockdown on information, what can HB do about it?

I urge you all to be patient a little while longer.

Further to elaborate on this, when St Helens RLFC and myself went to see the new cricket game Codemasters game (Ashes 2009) we were told there by Codemasters that the limiting of information and screenshots is as St Helens RLFC tied down to a variety of reasons. The lads at Codemasters at the time were also developing F1 2010, and said to issue screenshots they had to ensure that every F1 team were represented, every sponsor on the cars and stadium agreed to have their logos on the screenshots, not only that having to go through legal processes took time. Codemasters also said that publishers hold the final say on information being released, so you can have all the screenshots signed off for show, if the publishers say no, its a no. It is often as they said in Codemasters why screenshots become limited now because of the cost it involves but also time constraints.

Patience is key.

Last edited:
Every image of F1 released prior to the game coming out had to be approved by 21 companies if I remember the boys at Codies rightly.

A quick blurring on photoshop could take care of that in two minutes. As annoyed as I am over the very poor comunication I do understand keeping their cards close to their chest I just fear of it becoming an epic fail.

I dont post in the rugby 2012 part of the forum much but what I've gathered is this much; as soon as anyone asks a question about the game in a thread they are referred to the FAQs (which tell us nothing) and then the thread gets blocked...

Discuss

A quick blurring on photoshop could take care of that in two minutes. As annoyed as I am over the very poor comunication I do understand keeping their cards close to their chest I just fear of it becoming an epic fail.

Don't be so silly, can't blur, by the time you blur everything out whats left in the image? You'll be moaning again when you can't see anything in the image!

I dont post in the rugby 2012 part of the forum much but what I've gathered is this much; as soon as anyone asks a question about the game in a thread they are referred to the FAQs (which tell us nothing) and then the thread gets blocked...

Discuss

Plenty of information there so don't be a WUM and start saying nothing there, there is plenty of information there. All the information TRF has been given is planted there for people to see.

Last edited:
To be fair, D'arcy has a point. No one is blaming anyone here at TRF, but HB have done little to keep the public informed. It wouldn't be too much of an effort for a HB representitive to come on and say 'sorry guys, we can't release any new info but it's on the way.' The silence on their behalf is deafening.

To be fair, the guy who made the comparison to Fifa 12 is spot on,
It only seems like HB are purposefully keeping quiet because Sidhe are being comparatively loud - The majority of games are releasing a ton of info this far in advance, there's no reason for Rugby 2012 to be any different
I would've been surprised if we'd've heard anything at all before the summer, but any of the Q&As etc. so any news is a bonus for me

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating not to have heard anything... It's not TRF's fault though, the guys are very active members on the forum. I do think that HB could be doing more but I guess that their call, by the sounds of it they've lost a lot of support and potentially a lot of sales.
But to be honest they could be the biggest bunch of !@#?'s on the planet. But if they make an awesome game I'll be buying it.
At this stage I don't want a real update, I'd just be happy to hear that the guys at HB are still breathing, and that the game hasn't been shelved...

I take on board your point St Helens, but an update doesn't have to be a screenshot. I am sure ANY communication from the guys at HB would be welcomed.

Latest posts