HB Response on Online Gameplay

HB_Glen

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Australia
Hey Guys,

Firstly thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. We're looking into the issues that are being reported.

One piece of feedback I'd suggest for those who are reading is that our online match ups are peer to peer, so there is no central server that is causing lag. Lag will be down to the quality of the connection between the two players. For now, if you only accept matches that have 5 bars for the connection, you will increase your chances of a better experience. There is presently a bug we have noticed that the connection bars are not truly representative of the correct ping time between players which we are looking to address so I strongly suggest that you only look to connect to games that are a solid 5 bars if you want a better game play experience.

Games like FIFA may have a more consistent experience because there are more players local to you with a consistent connection. The user base is growing for RWC and depending on if there are available games in close proximity then lag should be reduced during game play. Our game is actually set up so that you can play with people across the world so that we increase the chances of finding someone to play against. Though this avenue will also result in potentially connecting to opponents with poor ping time.

It's something we're continuing to investigate however, so if you do see issues, if you can give us an idea of how many bars you had going in to the match it will help us confirm what we’re seeing here in terms of bad ping times resulting in laggy game play.

Also if you are noticing disconnects during games if you could provide information on what was occurring leading up to that it may prove useful in us trying to figure out why these issues are occurring.

Thanks,
Glen

Can you please confirm if anything will be done about being able to select a different stadium online?

How this isn't already included is beyond me. Why not?

You can do it in custom match, can't you? Because then you're hosting the game...

Can you please confirm if anything will be done about being able to select a different stadium online?

How this isn't already included is beyond me. Why not?

We won't be changing this.

You can choose the stadiums when setting up a custom match, well atleast the option is there and you can scroll through them... when doing this myself I didn't actually check if we still ended up playing in Auckland when the match kicked off tho!

There is only the 4 generic NZ stadiums though, I didn't see it possible to change country and pick Twickenham etc and neither of us played as NZ in that match, so its not tied to the teams selected.

Seems to me a strange decision... either that or the RWC license is severely restrictive and does not allow online games to be outside the host country (though as the stadia are unlicensed that hardly makes sense!)

For now, if you only accept matches that have 5 bars for the connection, you will increase your chances of a better experience. There is presently a bug we have noticed that the connection bars are not truly representative of the correct ping time between players
Sorry but while this is not in the slightest bit helpful, that quote above is absolutely brilliant.

It's been fine for me. Though i noticed i grounded a ball in my try area to activate halftime (as france vs south africa), and then after the break i got a sequence where it gave commentary of a france try (which was me grounding the ball for a 22m dropout) and i was awarded 5 points!

Also, i can't remember the events leading to it, but my scrum half/first passer disappeared but i could still play, with this 'ghost' player, and after a short while or some action (like a scrum etc) he appeared again. I've read about that bug so, it's not just me.

Overall, i'm finding online great. Better experience than the first day, as i assume the network is more populated now and you get a better chance of a closer regional connection.

Whats the bet HB do nothing and we get no more patches .... it is truly shocking the number of bugs / glitches considering most of them been round since the last game. They are properly lazy or just dont give a crap or worse yet both !!!

Glen why are your only licences unlincensed outside of RWC mode? Still havent had an answer on that one! Selective reading.

Glen why are your only licences unlincensed outside of RWC mode? Still havent had an answer on that one! Selective reading.

Whats the bet they only paid for a partial license or something like that, which only allows them to use the official kits in the World Cup Mode ? Trying to save on money for licensing so that they can make more money. Capitalism at it's finest. Lets be honest all of this "Lets engage the community" was just a ploy to generate marketing interest when all they care about is the dollars and cents. I understand that the main focus of the game is to be a commerical success, no one does anything for free, however the manner in which that have gone about this is criminal. Shame on you HB Studios.

Funny that its double standards from some of the 'members' of this forum ... when you consider some of you are just flying over the apparent errors and problems in RC and take every opportunity to slate HB and RWC. I don't like sticking up all the time for HB, but I think there are somethings they are currently allow to say and not to say because of restrictions placed upon them by certain people.

Oh wait ... TRF Staff member must mean HB Fanyboy ... oh te lolz <_<

Last edited:
Can you make the game more responsive? i.e when you press the pass button it actually passes the momment you press the button. Currently you have to press it a few times before anything really happens. : (

Funny that its double standards from some of the 'members' of this forum ... when you consider some of you are just flying over the apparent errors and problems in RC and take every opportunity to slate HB and RWC. Oh wait ... TRF Staff member must mean HB Fanyboy ... oh te lolz <_<
Not sure if your meaning me, but I dont actually care for RC. I think it's the biggest piece of crap ever. I think that RWC is the superior game in an otherwise poor market. Also no one has mentioned RC in this thread until you did. This thread has nothing to do with RC and has everything to do with the poor quality of RWC. Perhaps if your intending to post about RC maybe the comparison thread would be more appropriate. As you complained that these forums are getting clogged up with people posting in the incorrect threads. The fact that the ping ratings are not accurate is not helpful as is the fact that the Stadium cant be changed online. Seriously this is very poor.

Last edited:

Latest posts