• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hb studios needs to fix this!

Butterytingz

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
Playing the demo I have tested the issue at hand and this needs to be fixed. Kicking the ball over the dead ball line results in a 22m drop out??!! from what I understand the team has the decision to take a drop out OR a scrum from where the ball was kicked. now I know it has been a scrum SOMETIMES so does this mean the computer automatically decides for you or is this just a glitch? either way it needs to be fixed ASAP

I tried kicking the ball over the db line in 1 vs 1 and still wasnt even given an option, just automaticly went to a 22 drop out.

Keep in mind dropped kicks and penalties don't apply to this rule:

Law 13.10A drop out is a drop kick taken by the defeding team. The drop out may be taken anywhere on or behind the 22-metre line.

A drop out is used to restart play after an attacking player has put or taken the ball into the in-goal, without infringement, and a defending player has made the ball dead there or it has it has gone into touch-in-goal or on or over the dead ball line.

AND

Law 22.8

If a team kicks the ball through their opponents in-goal into touch-in-goal or on or over the dead ball line, except at an unsuccessful kick at goal or attempted dropped goal, the defending team has two choices:

To have a drop out,
or
To have a scrum at the place where the ball was kicked and they throw in.

Adding my post from the other thread on this subject:

- - - - - -

Just did multiple testing of this in-game myself...

1a. Kicked directly over the dead ball line = 22m drop out
1b. Kicked over the dead ball line (via bounce) = 22m drop out (mostly) / scrum (occasionally)

2a. Kicked directly over the touch-in-goal line = 22m drop out
2b. Kicked over the touch-in-goal line (via bounce) =
22m drop out (mostly) / scrum (occasionally)

So I have seen a variation in decision for both in-goal lines - but never as an option for selection. Why would there be an inconsistency in the decision... are they trying to simulate the options chosen by the AI? ...if so, there is no option offered to the defending human player when it is a 1v1 match.

The rules themselves state that the defending team have the choice of either a 22m drop out or scrum from where the ball was kicked, whether the ball was kicked over either in-goal line (22.8 Ball kicked dead through in-goal)

- - - - - -

I've also found inconsistency with the rules for running the ball out over your own dead ball and touch-in-goal lines, that being I've had 2 different outcomes to passing/running the ball over the deadball line (scrum & drop out).​

Hey Guys,
Due to the way that our game was designed we don't allow for the choice in this situation unfortunately. So yes the option is chosen for you.
Essentially if the kick is taken within the 40 metres and goes dead we give the drop-out, if its further away the scrum is awarded back where the ball was kicked from so it was a middle ground solution in this instance.

We still definitely appreciate these issues being brought to our attention. We are making note of everything that is brought up and we will be trying to address as many issues as we can for any future updates or ***les that we may produce.

Thanks HB_Glen - I just hope thousands of people buy rwc12 so you can make an all singing, all dancing Rugby 2012 or 2013 whatever it may be!

Hey Guys,
Due to the way that our game was designed we don't allow for the choice in this situation unfortunately. So yes the option is chosen for you.
Essentially if the kick is taken within the 40 metres and goes dead we give the drop-out, if its further away the scrum is awarded back where the ball was kicked from so it was a middle ground solution in this instance.

We still definitely appreciate these issues being brought to our attention. We are making note of everything that is brought up and we will be trying to address as many issues as we can for any future updates or ***les that we may produce.

Thanks for the come back Glen, that explains the variation in decisions perfectly.

Personally, if providing a selectable option to the player wasn't possible, I feel you've taken the right way to implement it.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a defending team take a scrum at the position the ball was kicked from if it was kicked within their 22m line, and I'd expect it to be an infrequent occurrence to take the scrum within the 40m line either.
Further back and the scrum option does offer greater gains in yardage and attacking potential and is frequently chosen by teams in the real.

So as I say, I feel this is an adequate solution within the game.

Any update on the variations found in decisions awarded for running/passing the ball back over your own dead ball and touch-in-goal lines?
Is this a similiar design decision or a bug that you's are optimistic of fixing with a post-release update?

Thanks HB_Glen - I just hope thousands of people buy rwc12 so you can make an all singing, all dancing Rugby 2012 or 2013 whatever it may be!

haha get real. they're making this to cash in on world cup year. the fact that even less effort's gone into making this than went in to updating rugby 06 to 08 implies no more rugby games from HB for quite a while...

A few other things I noticed from the demo:

- After the 40mins, if a penalty kick misses and goes over the goal line, play stops.

- Sometimes the opposition has a knock-on advantage and they kick the ball 60 metres down field and it is called back. I'm wondering in this game, is there two types of advantage or just one? Because once when a had a penalty advantage, it was over very quickly.

- This is just a minor issue, but the commentary doesn't always get it right. For example, when I kicked to the sideline but it wasn't on the full, a commetator was talking about it going all the way back. Another one was when I took a quick lineout and the commentator was on about how it will be such a pressure throw.

Latest posts