• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heaviest Player?

A

Arsenal23

By heaviest i dont mean just the fattest but who weighs the most?

i was watching the Sale game today and i cant remember who it was but one of their reserve forwards came on and he weighed 21st, is there anyone who weighs more in the pro game?

Buckley

DOB 8th Oct 1980
Birthplace Cork
Height 1.96 m
Weight 134 kg

Johnston

Born: 01 Jan 1982
Height: 6ft 2in (1.89m)
Weight: 20st (130kg)

(according to Munsterrugby.ie and Saracens.com)

I'm sure Adam Jones used to be 22st. The stats on the O's website is 20st now though. How heavy was Martyn Madden when he used to play? Sure I remember the 23st mark!

I remember this Fijian dude when fiji played the all blacks a few years ago (i think it was the same game leon macdonald got the old concusision lol), he went by the name of big bill
Bill Cavubati (prop)

Full name: Viliame Bose Cavubati
Club: Masterton (Wellington, NZ)
Fiji province: Lautoka
Born: 21 July 1970 in Ba
Height: 1m88 (6'2")
Weight: 165kg

" Had All Black trials in 1993 then played for Wellington Hurricanes 1996-98. Finished 1995 season as top try scorer with Wellington Lions with a tally of 13. Hails from Lau, but went to New Zealand for education in the mid-1980s. Held Fiji schoolboy shot put record for more than a decade." http://www.teivovo.com/team_fiji/profiles/...l_cavubati.html

That guys a monster (belly lol)

I know Os du Randt still holds the record for the heaviest ever Bok at 134kg or 136kg, can't remember, but it's around there.

I remember this Fijian dude when fiji played the all blacks a few years ago (i think it was the same game leon macdonald got the old concusision lol), he went by the name of big bill
Bill Cavubati (prop)

Full name: Viliame Bose Cavubati
Club: Masterton (Wellington, NZ)
Fiji province: Lautoka
Born: 21 July 1970 in Ba
Height: 1m88 (6'2")
Weight: 165kg

" Had All Black trials in 1993 then played for Wellington Hurricanes 1996-98. Finished 1995 season as top try scorer with Wellington Lions with a tally of 13. Hails from Lau, but went to New Zealand for education in the mid-1980s. Held Fiji schoolboy shot put record for more than a decade." http://www.teivovo.com/team_fiji/profiles/...l_cavubati.html

That guys a monster (belly lol)
[/b]

Well he is certainly the heaviest forward to earn a cap according to this http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,18259,9...1852229,00.html

for those who can't be arsed to read the article:

1. Bill Cavubati (Fiji)
Big Bill has a claim to fame when it comes to international rugby - he is the heaviest player to have ever won a cap. But all that fat does little for his boyish looks - he gets the nod on the loosehead side.

Gavin Quinnell was the heaviest premiership player at 21 stone something until he lost weight and Leeds got their new prop?

hes now the heaviest in the guinness prem for sure!!!

Rodzilla (Rodney Blake), he weighs 130kg now, but when he first started he was up around 136 or so

Sweet...I've fluxuated between 21 and 22 stone over the last multiple seasons...maybe that's why I'm such an awesome prop? Or maybe it's just because I'm an awesome prop...maybe we'll never know.

Here in Brazil i have a friend who have 140kg, he is a massive man!(tackle him is a little beat hard)

Here in Brazil i have a friend who have 140kg, he is a massive man!(tackle him is a little beat hard)
[/b]

is he... you know, a fattie ;)? or does he have lots of muscles?

damn, all this talk about heavy front rows make me think that I'm way too light to be a hooker at 105kg...

Yeah Big Bill from Fiji is the biggest of all time..165kgs is about right. Big Joe Vetyaki from the 2003 RWC in the Fijian squad was 136.

Gotta love ya fatties...best personalities in the game.

damn, all this talk about heavy front rows make me think that I'm way too light to be a hooker at 105kg... [/b]
Yes, but you come from a land of little people. There's always one large Oompa Loompa, right? :D
OompaLoompa-192x195.png

Latest posts