• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC P2: Ospreys v Leicester Tigers

Have you noticed how the loosehead Mako Vunipola who is seen as England's second best and was benching for England in November, can't get past Rhys Gill to start for Saracens?

Always nice to see (from a Wales perspective) that one of England's most hyped young players and international squad members can't get past a player who is probably fourth or fifth choice and not really required too often for Wales.

Sky will push him for the Lions, behind Sheridan, of course.

Saracens have a rotation policy, always have - it's the reason Farrell gets as many starts at 10 as he does, despite Hodgson's run of form.
Mako has started 8 premiership games this season, Gill 3.

Have you noticed how the loosehead Mako Vunipola who is seen as England's second best and was benching for England in November, can't get past Rhys Gill to start for Saracens?

Always nice to see (from a Wales perspective) that one of England's most hyped young players and international squad members can't get past a player who is probably fourth or fifth choice and not really required too often for Wales.

I don't know why you choose to make your points in such a deliberately combatative way, especially when your basically inaccurate, as Olyy pointed out above. What are you even really trying to say anyway? That Mako isn't a good player? I know it was a nothing comment but when you've got nothing to go on other than the fact that he's English, and naturally being that you support Wales that means you have to dislike English players or find these things to say about them.

It's hardly as if Wales don't hype their players... in fact we've had it drilled into our brains for ages now how great every single Welsh player is. JD's Lions is basically Welsh.

Maybe I should reply with something similar like isn't it funny that the 'Best loosehead in the world' Gethin Jenkins is being kept out of the Toulon starting team by Andrew Sheridan...?

Bevington is developing as a scrummager, and as he does he get's closer to a Welsh starting spot. We've got to remember that today the Ospreys were missing their two starting locks, instead playing an ageing Gough and a young King who is seen as more of a blind side. They were down over 2 stone from their first choice partnership of Evans and Jones, and that usually effects scrummaging.

Bevington may be a little inconsistent on occasion, but he is improving. He offers a lot in both attack and defence.

I don't know why you choose to make your points in such a deliberately combatative way, especially when your basically inaccurate, as Olyy pointed out above. What are you even really trying to say anyway? That Mako isn't a good player? I know it was a nothing comment but when you've got nothing to go on other than the fact that he's English, and naturally being that you support Wales that means you have to dislike English players or find these things to say about them.

It's hardly as if Wales don't hype their players... in fact we've had it drilled into our brains for ages now how great every single Welsh player is. JD's Lions is basically Welsh.

Maybe I should reply with something similar like isn't it funny that the 'Best loosehead in the world' Gethin Jenkins is being kept out of the Toulon starting team by Andrew Sheridan...?

Every country hypes their players.
Warburton for Lions captain...

Gethin isn't even the best Welsh loosehead.

Gethin isn't even the best Welsh loosehead.
Uh oh!

C5rOF.jpg

Last season means diddly squat, considering that was Vunipola's first full season of pro-rugby and he spent part of it at Bedford.
I bet Matt Stevens started more games at 1 than him.
I don't believe that Gill is ahead of Vunipola - I think they're on equal standing.
and if we're making daft statements we could then go on to talk about how the much more experienced player, in Gill, is being kept out of regular club starts by the guy in his, for all intents and purposes, first full season.

Actually that was an old team selection by JD. His new one on his HSBC video includes 2 Englishmen, 6 Welsh, 6 Irish and 1 Scottish.
The English were Danny Care & Sheridan.

Latest posts