Club or Nation
Northampton

Heineken%20Cup.png

Toulouse%20alternate.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Ospreys.png

Stade Ernest Wallon - 08/12/2012 - 14:35

ckycanal.png

It's going to be tough for the O's without Adam, Hibbard, Ian Evans, Alun-Wyn Jones, Jarvis and Biggar (probably).

I think Johnstone is a decent short-term signing in the wake of losing their first 3 choice tightheads. Hopefully he can hold the scrum, he doesn't have to do any more. O's are going to be short at lock, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan Jones starting there with Stowers, Tips and Bearman in the back-row. James King, Gough or Peers the other second-row?

Big game for Morgan at 10 if Biggar does indeed not make it (Gats really took a chance having him on the bench v Aus if he's still not ready this weekend). Big game required from Morgan. I have quite enjoyed the combination of Fotoali'i and Morgan though, Fotoali'i controls the game quite well, with Morgan bringing in those around him into the game well. I want to see more awesome breaks from him though. Morgan kicking well too.

It's going to be tough for the O's without Adam, Hibbard, Ian Evans, Alun-Wyn Jones, Jarvis and Biggar (probably).
I think Johnstone is a decent short-term signing in the wake of losing their first 3 choice tightheads. Hopefully he can hold the scrum, he doesn't have to do any more. O's are going to be short at lock, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan Jones starting there with Stowers, Tips and Bearman in the back-row. James King, Gough or Peers the other second-row?

Big game for Morgan at 10 if Biggar does indeed not make it (Gats really took a chance having him on the bench v Aus if he's still not ready this weekend). Big game required from Morgan. I have quite enjoyed the combination of Fotoali'i and Morgan though, Fotoali'i controls the game quite well, with Morgan bringing in those around him into the game well. I want to see more awesome breaks from him though. Morgan kicking well too.

I am concerned a lot about this scrum area. Not necessarily because Campbell Johnstone is woeful, but just because the Toulouse scrum has made a lot better opponents toil in this area.

This is what happened the last time Campbell Johnstone faced Toulouse in the Heineken Cup by the way and that was with French international Fabien Barcella alongside ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ianto out for 6-8 weeks, but Biggar looks to be alright. I'm really, really not confident about this one, but then we've caused bigger upsets. Umm, haven't we?

Pluses for Toulouse......loss of many players for Ospreys, Johnstone at tight head for Ospreys, return of Medard and strength of scrum....
Pluses for Ospreys....return of Biggar, McCallister playing 10 for ST and that is about it!

Toulouse by 10/15

And they have a Frenchman reffing a French team at home.

Rolland can do one

If Steenkamp bound correctly would be something.

Gough put a good tackle in early then misses the crucial one for the try.

Some shoddy Ospreys tackling. You cant hope to beat Toulouse at their gaff if you tackle like that

And they have a Frenchman reffing a French team at home.

Rolland can do one

He is irish as far as the French are concerned and just been described as one of the best refs about by Sky's usual sycophantic commentators who cannot read the criticism he has had for the last several years. Would not say he is pro French...just a crap officious little man!

Avalanche is just starting from Fritz.......Ospreys must learn to tackle!

Last 3 scrums ... Steenkamp has put the 'hit' in and just either stood up / driven upwards, with him popping up first.

Last 3 scrums ... Steenkamp has put the 'hit' in and just either stood up / driven upwards, with him popping up first.

Rolland sees it now....and there is example of McCallister at his worst!!

Toulouse crowd showing know knowledge, they commit a stonewall penalty and their fans boo and jeer.

Thats a big try for the Ospreys, theyre still in this one

Ospreys TRY, failed lineout but managed to get possession back and Fotuali'i quick tap allowed the Ospreys to get a try.

Toulouse crowd showing know knowledge, they commit a stonewall penalty and their fans boo and jeer.

Agree but which crowd would not boo and jeer a decison from the ref that goes against them!!

Ospreys showing really character and agree this match far from over.....McCallister again!! They played like ST for first 20 minutes and Biarritz for last 15 minutes!!

Edit - All over now with bonus point win for ST who just had too much power in their 23. Ospreys showed some great defence and a lot of spirit but they were just not strong enough to match the power of ST. Look out everyone with a decent 10 because Toulouse will be shopping with their money and clout as McCallister had another crap game and Dussain cannot kick consistently!

Last edited:
Huge pity that so many front 5 forwards are out injured for the O's, couldve been one hell of a contest if they'd been at full strength

Disappointing result, but hardly unexpected considering several injuries and less depth than the Ospreys had previously.

I doubt the Ospreys will win at home next week as well, although hopefully with a few players returned to the pack they can spoil Leicester's chances of topping the group.

Seems like Baldwin was good around the park, but not as good in the scrums as Hibbs. Being 190cm as a hooker can cause issues.

HaHa.................shall we adjourn to the new thread!!

Latest posts