• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC P4: Northampton Saints vs Ulster Rugby

Johann Muller is out for the next 8 weeks apparently. It'll be interesting to see what Ulster do. Do they bring Lewis Stevenson into the 2nd row or do they shift Iain Henderson up from the backrow and pick Nick Williams at flanker? I'd love to see Ulster do the latter.

Paddy Wallace is only 12 stone....wow...

Ah, not quite that bad...

13 stone 3 according to his Cornerfleg page, 12 stone 10 according to Ulster Rugby.

Still makes him about the lightest guy to play 12 - internationally no less - in the modern era. Giteau's the only guy who comes close I can think of and even he's a couple of pounds heavier.

And he goes around smashing Samoans (25 minutes 15 seconds in on match video) and dumping Tom Croft into touch. He's suffered more blood loss from the head than most packs put together and posts photos of his thumb being operated on twitter.

As far as I'm concerned, he's possibly the most nails man in rugby. Incredible to think what he'd have been like if he was 2 stone heavier - although thats a fair good description of Luke Marshall!

edit:

a -

Johann Muller is out for the next 8 weeks apparently. It'll be interesting to see what Ulster do. Do they bring Lewis Stevenson into the 2nd row or do they shift Iain Henderson up from the backrow and pick Nick Williams at flanker? I'd love to see Ulster do the latter.

Well right now I'm not sure we have the choice as Stevenson's injured as well and our other choices in the second row come down to Neil McComb (hmm) or Robbie Diack (uhmm...)

Personally I'd shunt Henderson forwards but bring on Diack instead of Williams; Williams hasn't been that effective and is a better impact player, while Diack brings an excellent tail option and has been very good this season. But who knows, don't know when the Stevenson Rocket is back anyway - I'd like to see what he looks like in a big game, he was excellent at the start and is incredibly physical. Also, now that I've accepted Fez's shortened life expectancy as a player, Henderson at 6 is a seriously sexy option...

b

I fully intend to collect material from this site to blackmail future politicians.

Last edited:
Ah, not quite that bad...

13 stone 3 according to his Cornerfleg page, 12 stone 10 according to Ulster Rugby.

Still makes him about the lightest guy to play 12 - internationally no less - in the modern era. Giteau's the only guy who comes close I can think of and even he's a couple of pounds heavier.

And he goes around smashing Samoans (25 minutes 15 seconds in on match video) and dumping Tom Croft into touch. He's suffered more blood loss from the head than most packs put together and posts photos of his thumb being operated on twitter.

As far as I'm concerned, he's possibly the most nails man in rugby. Incredible to think what he'd have been like if he was 2 stone heavier - although thats a fair good description of Luke Marshall!
So he's my weight and played international rugby...well **** there goes my excuse.

A lot of new found respect for mincer upon hearing of his diminutive stature

I'll ask this - do we have one of the best scrums in Europe? We obliterated Northampton, a team who pride themselves in shaming other teams and taking them apart in the set piece, in the scrum and maul, away from home.

I'll ask this - do we have one of the best scrums in Europe? We obliterated Northampton, a team who pride themselves in shaming other teams and taking them apart in the set piece, in the scrum and maul, away from home.

Certainly this side of the channel and hell, we went well enough against Clermont too. Difficult to think of a side we'd fear.

Funny to think its all done with two props largely written off as internationals by their country.

Hartley has been cited for striking Rory Best with his forearm/elbow.

diapo6c8f38f5d7a789f3558c426ca3c8ab64.gif

Well, you know what they say about a leopard...

Should, in theory, get a hefty ban - no real provocation (holding a player =/= repeated striking), and has...blemishes...on his record.
Then again, the Six Nations is just around the corner......1 week ban.

Hopefully he doesn't get banned...

and has to face the music in Ravenhill. :hunt::injured:

I so wish I had tickets for that match :( tickets are bloody sold out until Feb. Why oh why didn't I buy a season ticket. They were incredibly cheap.

Latest posts