• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC P6: Montpellier v Toulon

Congratulations and well done Gaston......you were always positive on this one!!

wth ?! Just took a look at the scores uhmmm...did Toulon just not want to play or smt ?...like srs, did they just "sit this one out" or wtf here ?!

Didn't recognize Toulon...it was like if they were not sure to know why they were on the field.
Montpellier did a decent game though.

Didn't recognize Toulon...it was like if they were not sure to know why they were on the field.
Montpellier did a decent game though.

I would say that MHL had far more than a decent game and that part of the reason Toulon were unrecognisable was the power, drive and desire that MHL exhibited in the first 20 minutes that always had the "galacticos" on the back foot and from which they never recovered. There was only one different result possible and that was MHL scoring more as they left points on the pitch.....

Another point is that, with all the debate going on about Wilko, which way will this game play with him for he had a total shocker and I do take into account that he was brave enough to come back after 20 minutes getting a cut mouth repaired. I would like to think it will inspire him to carry on but kinda hope he goes with the Lions and does not stay on beyond that so he can leave whilst he can still command a regular spot in a top club side, be recognised for what he is and was and not become just an also ran........but then I am an old romantic and Gatland is not!!

Well that was one very emotional day great send off for Eric Bechu magnificent, continuous applause for 15 mins before the game while videos were shown of him on the screen in front of a full house. Then a minutes applause with both teams on the park, many tears were shed most of the crowd in white what a wonderful sport we have, courage respect for a great guy.
Then of course there was the game, Toulon with all their stars are great with the ball in hand but come under pressure things change rapidly, Montpellier learned the lesson from Racing, give them nothing and they produce nothing, 10 mins from time B Laporte left the press stand not a happy bunny! but the attack and defence of Montpellier was unbelievable the guys put their bodies on the line and knocked Toulon back so many times, they throughly deserved the win and their 1/4 final place, looks like Clermont away for the 1/4 final that should be fun they have to loose that home record one day, and with the world watching the TOP 14 LOOKS COMPLETLY OPEN AGAIN AND WOULD NOT PUT TOO MUCH MONEY ON WHO WILL BE 1 AND 2? CLERMONT WILL BE ONE OF THEM AND THE OTHER???????
Thank you Eric Bechu for all you have done for our WONDERFUL game now R I P Eric.

Last edited:

Latest posts