• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC Semi Final Draw

still though the fact that there's even a mention of the hurling finals being played there wouldn't go down too well with members if they turned around and played the finals in Thurles and had a potential semi final in Croker, regardless of them not having any intention initially to play the hurling finals at Croker.

I still think regardless of the opposition the game will be played at the RDS

If it is Leinster I would expect it to be played in the ground with the largest capacity which would be Thomond no? :huh:

That'd be like Rangers playing their home Champions League game at Celtic Park...

Leicester and Toulouse to win their games, Toulouse to win the semi and the final and once again be crowned European Champion.

Perhaps they'll just put some posts up in a large farm, paint some lines on and tell everyone to bring there own chair and fork over a twenty if they wanna watch. Problem solved.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 30 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 28 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thomond's not an option.[/b]

If It is Munster V Leinster then surely the RDS wouldn't be an option either?
[/b][/quote]

well it can't be Thomond since that's Munster's home ground, unless it's Croke Park the only option in Ireland is the RDS.

so who pays the rent to the GAA in the event that it does go ahead, the IRFU, the ERC or the Munster Branch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 30 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
so who pays the rent to the GAA in the event that it does go ahead, the IRFU, the ERC or the Munster Branch?[/b]
I'm not sure on that one. I presume the IRFU as paymasters to the provinces would foot the bill but they'd take a significant wedge out of the profits and redistribute them.

ERC I imagine. It would be madness for anybody else to pay for it as they wouldn't be getting anything back.

the possible availability of Croke Park for the semi final will go before Central Council on February 14. Even if it's Quins there's a good chance it'd be a sellout unless they overcharge on the tickets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
THIS AFTERNOON in Hayes’s Hotel, Thurles, where the GAA was founded 125 years ago next November, the GAA’s Central Council will meet and amongst the items on the agenda will be the application by the IRFU to stage one of this season’s European Cup semi-finals in Croke Park.

The fixture will only come to pass should champions Munster win their home quarter-final against Welsh side Ospreys. There is the prospect that the semi-final will be an all-Irish affair with Leinster providing the opposition but their quarter-final draw is away to London Harlequins.

If Munster qualify the match is likely to go ahead at the GAA headquarters regardless of who provides the opposition although there would be less likelihood of a capacity 82,000 crowd were Leinster not to qualify.

This afternoon’s meeting of Central Council is expected to approve the request without too much discussion. According to one Croke Park source: “I think the most significant influence was the statement by the IRFU in January that they would not be using Croke Park once Lansdowne Road was rebuilt. That ruled out continuing use of Croke Park for rugby matches. This would be a one-off.â€[/b]
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/...3867937231.html

Latest posts